Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Removing Hands  (Read 16753 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Removing Hands
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 12:46:31 am »

I'm not actually sure if this is in the right thread, and I apologize if its not.

So one of my champions has picked up an Artifact xbow which I don't want him to have. since champions dont ever drop artifacts ever Iv been searching these forums for some way to force the issue. After a couple of try's the best Iv come up with is modding out hands - nothing from him to grab it with, no problem (clearly Ill mod them back after he drops it). So my questions are:

1) Is it actually possible to mod creatures so they have no hands?
(if no never mind the rest)
2) Will it require a whole world regen to take effect or is it instant upon rentering the game?
(if yes to whole regen ignore the rest as it wont really help me)
3) Can I mod hands out for one person or does it have to be for all dwarfs (I'm guessing the latter, neither really bothers me)
4) How would I go about this? I know its in the raws *somewhere* but where and what specifically do I need to change?

If the artifact is made of bauxite (-thats- rare) or adamantium, I recommend using magma.

or any other of a dozen magma-safe materials? but I think the point was to keep the champion alive

decius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 01:20:37 pm »

What? He's firing from the hip.

i love you

You'll love Sofia.

Oh wait. That's off topic.

@OP: Well, you need to make that dwarf unconsious first.
Either using Dwarf Companion, or removing Dwarves' brains first.
So you remove the brain, make the champion unconscious, forbid the artifact, save game, mod the brain to be there again.

Try it, at least.

This is great fodder for the quotes box!
TBH, I think that all dwarf fortress problem solving falls either on the "Rube Goldberg" method, or the "pharaonic" one.
{Unicorns} produce more bones if the werewolf rips them apart before they die.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 05:17:58 am »

Either using Dwarf Companion, or removing Dwarves' brains first.

You can remove the brain of a living dwarf???

That... is... awesome....

I suppose there isn't any way to store it somewhere and keep the dwarf functional, right?
Ermn, no, it's by modding.
Changing the game's raw files.
Pages: 1 [2]