Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 1806 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dexter
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 08:43:41 am »

My favorite is the one where Deedee joins Action Hank's secret fan club.

Really, anything with Action Hank.
Shoes...

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 10:06:08 am »

I personally have never seen the show but a show I really enjoyed was Rome on HBO. Too bad it ended.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:16 pm »

Season two is nice, kinda sorta. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 12:03:09 am »

I liked the first few episodes. Then it started to want Dexter to be human, and that was so boring. I preferred it when there weren't any of the boring moral issues to deal with.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:15 am »

You seem to be trying to judge each season halfway through.

Keep watching, everything clears up in the end.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 10:14:17 pm »

So I finally sat down and watched the rest of the second series, and all I can say is:

ALL IS FORGIVEN!

Really, the only thing wrong with it was that it's not the end, there's a season right after it demanding my attention!

The ending was really the best through:

Spoilers, of course.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 02:47:02 am »

The next season introduces another really fucking annoying character.

Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2009, 09:24:40 am »

I just finished watching season 3, the last season availalble. It's REALLY disappointing, in many ways:

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 08:30:39 am »

Alright, this last one's a treat. I just got finished watching the movie "Quarantine", a movie about a zombies or something, and the main character of this movie is the same actress that plays Debra from Dexter.

The movie itself sucks. In fact, it could be renamed "The movie where full grown men get beaten to death by disoriented, malnourished old ladies" and it wouldn't lose any meaning whatsoever. The best part of the movie though is:

To comment on the movie some more, it makes exclusive use of the "shaky cam" to give us the perspective of the cameraman that refuses to put the camera down, even when it's obviously weighing him down when he's trying to run for his life. Shaky cam does give the movie some suspense, just like in Blair Witch before it, but goddamn do they get carried away with it. Whenever something exciting is happening, it's waving back and forth so fast it's impossible to tell whats going on. Sometimes the camera inexplicably turns off for seemingly no reason, only for it to turn on at an apparently later time. In another scene, the camera is used to VERY SLOWLY bludgeon one of the zombies to death, and then the cameraman spends 30-40 seconds wiping the blood off the lens, and we have to wait for him to finish before the movie can continue. Also, it would seem that Deb and the Cameraman are tethered together by an invisible rope, as they never leave eachother's side, ever, as if they're compelled to stay within a certain radius of eachother and it gets sort of awkward when Deb tries to go one direction and then the cameraman goes "Oh, I can't go that way." and then they both go in a different direction.

Also, the zombies are particularly unthreatening. I mean, sure, they scream and attack people, and a single bite is certain death, but they seem so... docile for unholy abominations of both man and god. When seeing a human, a zombie WON'T attack for some mysterious reason, preferring to wait until their victim gets close first rather than waste the energy chasing after them. They're also deterred very easily, just closing a door behind you will lead to them pounding on it a few times, and then wandering off. Also, when they attack you, it's very obvious that whatever is diseasing their minds has effected their sense of balance, as they seem constantly disoriented, they fall over easily, and have a hard time getting back up, leading to one scene where an attacking zombie is successfully fought by simply pushing it over. Also, despite biting being their best attack by far, it doesn't occur to them to actually bite people, as there's a couple scenes where the zombies tackle and pin people down and just go "Man, where do I go from here?" and then just wait for them to get pushed off.

All this is exacerbated by how utterly and completely WIMPY the characters are though. It's embarrassing to see all these strong, fit, perfectly competent firemen, police officers, and etcetera characters get COMPLETELY OVERPOWERED by what amounts to some drunken, disgruntled, anemic old ladies. And this isn't even factoring in the usual horror movie induced stupidity (what? YOU HAD AN AXE AT THE BEGINNING! WHERE DID THAT AXE GO YOU RETARD?!), makes the immediately likeable characters become absolutely unbearable to watch.

Also, it appears the the government somehow had prior knowledge of the zombie outbreak and made overly drastic efforts to contain it without telling anyone about it beforehand. It really gives the movie this "OH MAN! You can't trust the government cause they don't give a shit about you and will lie their asses off to protect themselves" type feel. So this entire movie feels like the result of a botched conspiracy of some sort, so much so that it feels like a more exciting story is happening OUTSIDE the building that all the characters are confined in, but we're only given a few brief glimpses, and left wanting more.

Well, it looks like I got carried away, but it's a pretty bad movie, don't watch it.

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 10:50:54 am »

My favorite episode is that one in which he sends his sister back in time to prevent himself from opening a dimension gate.
I like the one where him and Mandark have a competition to get a cat ot of a tree.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot
Pages: 1 [2]