Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Long-lived fortresses

<< < (4/4)

Elliott_Thinas:
Probably 8 years; after that my FPS drops to a consistent 7 from all my immigrants. On my next fort I'm turning immigration off and maxing out the orcs so that's gonna be interesting I'm sure.

Rvlion:
My longest Fortress lasted about 6.5 years with 140 dwarfs and the DM and Philosopher as Nobles and with the possibility of lasting a whole lot longer, but due to boredom I removed the savegame.

Most of my fortresses dont last long then 4 year due to boredom or annoyance about setup.

And all of them were trully selfsufficient and most of the time under lockdown, except when imigrants arrive or I run out of wood.

Hyndis:
You need to keep yourself busy with megaprojects to keep a long term fortress going.

My two megaprojects are finishing up the castle, maybe adding a third level to the apartment blocks, and then decorate EVERYTHING with bone, green glass, and various metals.

Its really quite hilarious when an ordinary tower cap bed is worth 8k dwarfbucks.

Telcontar:
Well, the queen just followed her husband into the grave. Oddly enough, I checked the Legends in one of the auto-save branches - she was 182 when she died. Didn't think it was possible for dwarves to live beyond the 'max' of MAXAGE.

There's no way for a civ to get a new leader after World Gen, is there? I read that somewhere. Kinda sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version