Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Long-lived fortresses

<< < (2/4) > >>

Teranar:
I just started my first Orc Mod fortress.

Of course my first immigrant wave was 10 strong, and I have commenced the SuperDwarf project immedately.

Let's see how the orcs fare if the project survives to completion...

Scarpa:
I just lost my oldest fort at about 12 years. It had been ignored for awhile at 4 years or so, and then I got some projects in mind and continued it with great success (well regarding the projects at least). The reason I lost it is because I decided to play rather loose with the defense aspect. I had only about 10 cage traps, a neglected (but still all champion) military and a tendency to just drill out to the exterior whenever required for project building. In the end I left a flank wide open by accident and some bowgoblins came in via the farms and picked off my poor champions as they tried to rush through the crowd of freaked out dwarves. The ensuing tantrum spiral was pretty sweet, for a little while I thought I'd get out with 4 dwarves of the original 130. A second siege broke that idea though since nobody would pull any #@%^#@ levers with 120 corpses to be hauled and half the surviving population insane.

Now I'm playing a succession game with a friend and alternating years. We're at 4 years and just got the Barony and have plans for at least a quarter centuries worth of labor. Still no mods, though I wish I had tried the orc mod on this one.

Jimmy:
Oddly enough, my oldest fort was in 2D. Something like 20 years or so. After a tantrum spiral killed all but five of the ~150 dwarves (and three of the survivors were nobles) I abandoned.

Jim Groovester:
The oldest I've ever gotten is ten or eleven. Human aboveground city in a haunted jungle.

The oldest I know of is Flarechannel.

Martin:
Flarechannel is really damn awesome fortress.

Lashedwines (Morul) is in year 45. No deaths due to old age, almost all due to tantrums (whee!). I can't recall if orcs have taken any lives, but orcs are VERY easy to manage if you pay close attention to things (make sure nobody is outside when the season changes, wait until the 20th before letting anyone out again, make sure you have good ranged defenses - no Morul necessary).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version