Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 609591 times)

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1560 on: July 23, 2010, 11:13:47 am »

I'm guessing you mean .ini, cos I didn't do anything with any xml files, the mapping files for Dwarf Therapist are in .ini "format".
You missed the bit were I already posted the settings for graphics?
Nope, I'd seen that. Is there any reason you're arguing needlessly about anything anyone else says or are you just trolling?

Not needlessly: I didn't see any xml files, so if there are some that need to be changed for full compatibility then I didn't change them. I only modified and posted a .ini file. Thats not arguing, its conversation, so stop crying.
Secondly, on most forums its considered rude to post the exact same thing as someone else already has, when it took them time to do it (my lunch time as it happens). Last DF update I spent ages waiting for someone to post the correct DT settings so I could play it. That spurred me on to work it out myself this time, then I thought I would share that with everyone else, as timely updates are usually appreciated.
Not sure I understand how you can check for "compatibility issues" when the text is identical. Still I don't really care, but I also don't like being called a troll by people who post "Why is there no version for 3.11 yet?". You obviously haven't read the DT faq, or any of the rest of this thread.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:40 am »

Thank you to everyone who posted information as to .11 so quickly. Nothing to see here beyond that, move along! *waves flags to redirect traffic*
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

rmunn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 23, 2010, 12:51:25 pm »

Some preliminary offsets that seem to work on Linux:

Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum                = 0x7b04ad53
version_name            = v0.31.11

[addresses]
translation_vector      = 0x09348f4c
language_vector         = 0x09348f34
creature_vector         = 0x093079f4
dwarf_race_index        = 0x092ef548

[offsets]
word_table              = 0x001C

Rest of the .ini file remains unchanged from v0.31.10. Note that the "crash when dwarves need to change equipment" bug (http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=277) still seems to be happening on 64-bit Linux, though not on 32-bit Linux for some reason -- so if you're having trouble running Dwarf Therapist, temporarily switching to a 32-bit machine might help you.
Meet the seven year-old girl Lokum Ishemavuz. Her hobbies include taking care of her pet vulture, playing in graveyards, and killing people before they have a chance to scream.

Huin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 23, 2010, 03:29:54 pm »

Some preliminary offsets that seem to work on Linux:

Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum                = 0x7b04ad53
version_name            = v0.31.11

[addresses]
translation_vector      = 0x09348f4c
language_vector         = 0x09348f34
creature_vector         = 0x093079f4
dwarf_race_index        = 0x092ef548

[offsets]
word_table              = 0x001C

Rest of the .ini file remains unchanged from v0.31.10. Note that the "crash when dwarves need to change equipment" bug (http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=277) still seems to be happening on 64-bit Linux, though not on 32-bit Linux for some reason -- so if you're having trouble running Dwarf Therapist, temporarily switching to a 32-bit machine might help you.

Heh, was just about to post my own memory layout for Linux. I'll confirm that I got the same vector results as you, and they seem to work.

The entire memory layout can be downloaded from my clone of DT, direct link to file: http://greatred-dwarftherapist.googlecode.com/hg/etc/memory_layouts/linux/v0.31.11.ini

rmunn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 23, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »

Heh, was just about to post my own memory layout for Linux. I'll confirm that I got the same vector results as you, and they seem to work.

The entire memory layout can be downloaded from my clone of DT, direct link to file: http://greatred-dwarftherapist.googlecode.com/hg/etc/memory_layouts/linux/v0.31.11.ini

Do you run 32-bit Linux or 64-bit Linux? I'm trying to find other people who use 64-bit Linux and Dwarf Therapist, to have them try to reproduce the procedure at http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=277 and see if that procedure causes a crash on their computers also, or whether it's just my machine having the problem.

Obviously, don't do this on a fort you care about (or backup your save first). It causes Dwarf Fortress to segfault, so the fort doesn't get saved. So far it hasn't actually wiped out any of my test forts, but better safe than sorry.
Meet the seven year-old girl Lokum Ishemavuz. Her hobbies include taking care of her pet vulture, playing in graveyards, and killing people before they have a chance to scream.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:01 pm »

Disregard.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:26:28 pm by xDarkz »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1566 on: July 23, 2010, 05:22:50 pm »

DwarfTherapist-0.5.7a
Zipped everything together for those too lazy or oblivious to what all these programmers are talking about....xP. It works on both my Windows XP and Vista.

Thank you Billw, Genveir, and everyone else for their efforts.
Don't do that please. I don't want to support 90 random packages of code. I'll release an official after I have tested offsets on various machines.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 23, 2010, 05:23:59 pm »

DwarfTherapist-0.5.7a
Zipped everything together for those too lazy or oblivious to what all these programmers are talking about....xP. It works on both my Windows XP and Vista.

lol... I did the same thing for the last version and got bitched at by chmod... some1 else releases a working version then people dont see the links asking for donations

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 23, 2010, 05:26:11 pm »

DwarfTherapist-0.5.7a

Don't do that please. I don't want to support 90 random packages of code. I'll release an official after I have tested offsets on various machines.

Oi, crap. I apologize Chmod. I'll delete it immediately.

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 23, 2010, 05:29:52 pm »

DwarfTherapist-0.5.7a

lol... I did the same thing for the last version and got bitched at by chmod... some1 else releases a working version then people dont see the links asking for donations

I didn't have an opinion on you until you wrote this. Are you actually retarded? This is the only reason DF is playable. Check the change logs to see who wrote it. Hint: It wasn't you with your WinZip.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 23, 2010, 05:31:25 pm »

DwarfTherapist-0.5.7a

I didn't have an opinion on you until you wrote this. Are you actually retarded? This is the only reason DF is playable. Check the change logs to see who wrote it. Hint: It wasn't you with your WinZip.

Ya its a great program, ya it makes the game more enjoyable. But if he doesnt want people to help eachother out then he shouldnt have his code publicly posted or TELL US HOW TO MAKE IT WORK WITH A NEW VERSION.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1571 on: July 23, 2010, 05:33:43 pm »

> the dev to make a new .xml after the official release

I'm guessing you mean .ini, cos I didn't do anything with any xml files, the mapping files for Dwarf Therapist are in .ini "format".

I'm guessing that this is based on most every other current DF tool being based on DFHack, which uses a Memory.xml file rather than the INI files that DT uses.

Out of curiosity, chmod.  Why don't you use DFHack?  The whole point (as I understand it) of that project was to share the memory locations and memory hacking work when a new version comes out.  There's already some cross-pollination of addresses between the two formats, but it would be quicker if you used DFHack.

DwarfTherapist-0.5.7a

I'm mildly puzzled why people don't just host the INI files with the updates so people can directly copy them over their previous version of DT.  It would certainty save a large chunk of bandwidth over time and it's not that terribly hard, just put the file with the other files that look like it...  But maybe that's just me.

Happy medium between creating the files and copy / pasting and downloading the whole thing each time.

Ya its a great program, ya it makes the game more enjoyable. But if he doesnt want people to help eachother out then he shouldnt have his code publicly posted or TELL US HOW TO MAKE IT WORK WITH A NEW VERSION.

It's really easy.  You download the INI files people provide and put them with the other INI files that look the same.  I think ZIPs (or raw INI files) of the new addresses would be more helpful than the contents in spoilers, but even that's not too difficult.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 23, 2010, 05:35:37 pm »

Here is how this works.

1) Someone (maybe even you!) finds the offsets using the tools provided
2) That person(s) posts them in this thread
3) People test them
4) They get released when chmod is ready
5) You shut up and go back to playing DF

Edit: Wow, this forum makes me angry. Less posting, more playing is called for.

Edit 2: DT has a permissive license. You want to release stuff, grab a copy and start coding.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:37:43 pm by spooq »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 23, 2010, 05:39:52 pm »

Here is how this works.

1) Someone (maybe even you!) finds the offsets using the tools provided
2) That person(s) posts them in this thread
3) People test them
4) They get released when chmod is ready
5) You shut up and go back to playing DF

Edit: Wow, this forum makes me angry. Less posting, more playing is called for.

Edit 2: DT has a permissive license. You want to release stuff, grab a copy and start coding.

^ Agreed. Let's drop it and let Chmod get back to his extraordinary programming.

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 23, 2010, 05:44:53 pm »

Got a brand new 31.11 world generating right now  8)
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 124