Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 609460 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1620 on: July 25, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »

Just wanted to jump in and thank Chmod for your awesome work and service to the DF player base & community. Good luck on future projects!

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #1621 on: July 25, 2010, 01:25:58 pm »

Thank you for all your hard work on this excellent tool, chmod. I hope whoever takes your torch does as good a job as you did.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 25, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »

And sadly I still can't get DT to work for 31.12. :/ Well damn, back to an older version.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 25, 2010, 02:23:11 pm »

Thank you, chmod, for all the work you've done on this wonderful tool. It makes managing larger (over 20! Gah.) populations of Dwarves possible.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 25, 2010, 03:14:46 pm »

Thanks for the vectors, vrga!  :)

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 25, 2010, 03:20:46 pm »

And sadly I still can't get DT to work for 31.12. :/ Well damn, back to an older version.
whats the problem? which version (graphics or legacy) are you using and on which OS?
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

Mister Lingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »

Yeah just wanted to say thanks chmod for creating this tool. Personally, I would not be playing this game right now if DT didn't exist.  The overall level of polish makes it easy to understand, and managing dwarfs would be extremely slow and inefficient without it.  To me and many others, Dwarf Therapist is an essential part of DF.
So thanks again and good luck!

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: July 25, 2010, 06:41:59 pm »

We should've donated more!

Just kidding. You'll be missed Chmod. You've made a utility that surpasses even graphic packs in demand.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

userjjb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: July 25, 2010, 09:03:01 pm »

First, let me say thank you for all your hard work chmod, your tool is indispensable.

As far as leaving, I don't blame you in the least. Most appreciative and intelligent users don't post in this thread; the bulk of posts are a mix of self-righteous entitlement, apathetic ignorance, and a lack of basic problem solving abilities. While this is par for the course for the unwashed masses, I find this inexplicable for users in a game like Dwarf Fortress. It might take at most 10 minutes to read the last 10-15 pages of this thread or go to the project page and garner the answer to virtually any question you might have.

The hilarious sad thing is, all of this will get buried in 10 pages of "IT DOENST WORK WITH MY COMPUTER BOX, FIX ITT NOW PLOX"

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?i29edkgu0fubm0i (Thanks vrga, it works like a charm!)

1. Download that single file, it's the memory layout for version 31.12.
2. Open your Dwarf Therapist folder > etc  >  memory_layouts
3. Notice the other files with various versions in their names.
4. Place file into that folder.
5. Start Dwarf Therapist with Dwarf Fortress running...

To do it manually, grab the new offsets from one of our generous (Thank you so much for those with the ability/patience to obtain the new offsets) donors. Copy all the content and place it onto a notepad. Save the file as "currentversionnumber_graphics.ini" into the same memory_layouts folder mentioned above. Don't forget the ini at the end of it's "name" it's very important, as it tells your computer what to do with it. And...tada, it should work.

I still wish chmod didn't decide to quit though, this would be a whole lot smoother with him still working on it :[.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:24:05 pm by xDarkz »

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: July 25, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

I've tried using the provided memory layouts and mapping them myself, but it just won't work.  I can't even map them myself because it won't connect to DF.  Anybody know how to fix this?  I'm running Vista if it matters.

Okay...  Disregard the above entirely.  The file in the above post works for me.  I guess I cant' create my own memory layouts.
Edit: I just compared the downloaded file and the offsets you copy/paste yourself.  They were exactly alike.  Guess Vista can't make it's own memory layouts. :S

EDIT2: I put that file up on DF File Depot for ya.  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2822  I'm gonna go put that link on the mods/utilities list too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:34:52 pm by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44:45 pm »

Therapist was nice to have around. I always had a copy of Therapist wherever I had a DF folder, even if I didn't always use it.  Sad to see another utility go.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next.  And if you choose to just hang out, that's cool too, you deserve it chmod.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:22 am »

I've tried using the provided memory layouts and mapping them myself, but it just won't work.  I can't even map them myself because it won't connect to DF.  Anybody know how to fix this?  I'm running Vista if it matters.

Okay...  Disregard the above entirely.  The file in the above post works for me.  I guess I cant' create my own memory layouts.
Edit: I just compared the downloaded file and the offsets you copy/paste yourself.  They were exactly alike.  Guess Vista can't make it's own memory layouts. :S

EDIT2: I put that file up on DF File Depot for ya.  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2822  I'm gonna go put that link on the mods/utilities list too.

I wonder if the problem isn't that it's saving it as a .ini.txt when you create it yourself; that's a problem that people can get if the OS is left to the default of hiding the file extension.  One guy in one of the mod threads I follow had a similar problem where he could only save as a .txt when he was trying to create a memory .xml file.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: July 26, 2010, 12:28:09 am »

I wonder if the problem isn't that it's saving it as a .ini.txt when you create it yourself; that's a problem that people can get if the OS is left to the default of hiding the file extension.  One guy in one of the mod threads I follow had a similar problem where he could only save as a .txt when he was trying to create a memory .xml file.

No. Unless Vista is lying to me, they were .ini files.  I saved them from Notepad++, and they would open in Notepad just like any other .ini.  Maybe it needs to be set to read only ?
EDIT: Nope, the vanilla files that come with it are not read-only.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:30:04 am by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: July 26, 2010, 12:49:08 am »

Maybe it's in Unicode UTF-16?

Open it with Notepad, then go to File/Save As, and look at the Encoding section of the dialog box.  It needs to be ANSI.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 124