Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 609059 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1635 on: July 26, 2010, 02:57:41 am »

This is a black moment for DF. I have been using DT ever since you released it on the interwebs and it has really improved my experience with DF. So much even, that I don't play DF without my copy of DT. I'm sad to see you go, but after all the flak in this thread, I can fully understand your desire to leave. Thank you, Chmod, for your time and energy. You will be missed.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 26, 2010, 05:33:36 am »

Therapist will still work, so we can still skittle about happily. (at least for a while.)

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 26, 2010, 06:06:24 am »

Much thanks to chmod for a wonderful tool :'(
And thanks to this sub community of nice people who continue to post updates ...

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 26, 2010, 08:23:57 am »

Happy trails, chmod. Thanks for everything! I hope your next endeavor is just as successful.

elfhater

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine vino non laboro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 26, 2010, 09:31:09 pm »

Thanks for the fun guys, but I'm done with this. Please let me know if you're interested in becoming the new maintainer.

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/HelpWanted

[flaming removed]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:22:19 pm by Toady One »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 26, 2010, 09:41:02 pm »

Thanks for the fun guys, but I'm done with this. Please let me know if you're interested in becoming the new maintainer.

[flaming removed]

You could always try running a project where you don't get paid sometime. It is a job where you don't get paid, kind of like marriage is a relationship where you don't get laid. It really isn't fun.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:35:28 pm by Toady One »
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Joishi

• Bay Watcher
  • Joishi has withdrawn from society!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 26, 2010, 09:50:34 pm »

No. Unless Vista is lying to me, they were .ini files.  I saved them from Notepad++, and they would open in Notepad just like any other .ini.  Maybe it needs to be set to read only ?
EDIT: Nope, the vanilla files that come with it are not read-only.

Not to point out the potentially obvious ... but do you have file extensions actually SHOWN?  Or have you left your windows at the default setting of hiding extensions for file types in recognizes?  Maybe your file was a <name>.ini.txt file .....

Don't know if that's what it might have been or not, but ... could be, at least.

drisher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 26, 2010, 09:55:53 pm »

Yeah, it's too bad that it's getting bitter.  I loved this tool.  It allowed me to get into dwarf fortress.  Thanks for all the work chmod.  I hope someone picks up your code.  I, for one, know that I couldn't satisfy everyone with the updates if I were the maintainer.  Thanks again, and let me express my admiration for a nice piece of software.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 26, 2010, 10:28:56 pm »

Totally understandable, but I hope you'll at least continue to monitor the thread.

I'm sorry that I simply do not have the ability to continue your valuable project.

I'd like to apologize for the tone of impatience and entitlement that some posts have carried. I'm very sorry that the rest of us were not more vocal in our support and admiration for your program, and I assure you that the vast majority of us use and love this mod without getting our panties in a twist that we can't have our cake and eat it too the moment a minor DF update comes out.

Thank you so much for the time you put into this mod, and the enjoyment you gave all of us! I am sad to see you go.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1644 on: July 26, 2010, 10:54:21 pm »

Does "Chmod cancels update DT: Has a life" sum that up nicely?
Yep, and unfortunately he now has bad feelings do to all the noise.  There may be a tantrum spiral incoming.

Well, this seems appropriate in retrospect. I read up a little on this thread's backlogs, and it seems a little trivial to me. But then, I never got into drama offstage. Like I said: We all love DT. With the motive of providing a great tool and supporting the DF community, let's try to move forward.

You're offended, I get it. Various players in this dispute have brought real-life frustrations (among other things) into the situation, and it's far from ideal. The responses have ranged from calm and collected to incredibly immature. But we're a mature community, and we need to have better ways of dealing with disputes than petty squabbling and an inability to admit wrong. We're all very grateful, indescribably grateful, for what you've done for us with this mod. But for everyone except Toady, this is at most a hobby.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 27, 2010, 02:00:27 am »

How do you change the Therapist to work with 31.12?
Wasn't there a way to do it?

Milkbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • dA Page
« Reply #1646 on: July 27, 2010, 06:23:59 am »

I'm probably a bit late to the party, and I'm hardly an active member to be thanking you profusely, but thanks all the same.

Dwarf therapist is the number 1 tool that I NEED to play Dwarf Fort, so thanks so much, and please don't listen to all the negative nancies. They are just being petty and stupid.

So once again, thank you so much :)
(*v*  )         FRO-
/(  .    )\         STED
_|   _|             BUTTS

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 27, 2010, 08:03:28 am »

Damn :(

Well I'm glad you'd supported it for as long as you have, my donation was well worth the ease this tool made the game to play. I just hope someone can pickup where you left off.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 27, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »

Ahh well... This tool was based off of Dwarf Manager.....

Which was based off Dwarf Foreman....

Not to minimize the amazing job chmod did and the amount of work it took which I expect was staggering.... But this tool is necessary and someone will always make it until it is built into DF.

Still Chmod did such a good job... everyone is pretty much spoiled..
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 27, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »

'Mommy I don't want to go back to the slums!'
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 124