Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124]

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 609447 times)

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1845 on: September 19, 2010, 06:05:35 pm »

Did anyone get Dfhack working yet?

I could really use dfclean. There are at least 1000 blood splatters on the ground alone right now.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 20, 2010, 02:20:24 am »

Getting the Strings to work was a pain in the ass. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Going off topic here, could you explain the new String structure layout and any odd "gotchas" for me?  Even hints would help.  Also, I think I read that Vector layout has changed, got anything about that?

We are pretty confident about the vector format.

uint32_t base;
uint32_t position;
uint32_t capacity;
align10h

I don't know for certain if the last 4 bytes are null by design, or if it is alignment.. but I assume its alignment.

I searched for every initialized static/global vector and I got 169 of them. Have fun.

http://pastebin.com/aCiAXVjF
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1847 on: September 20, 2010, 03:46:29 pm »

Actually, don't vectors have an additional 3 DWORDs at the beginning for the vtable and some other variables? At least that's what DFHack's memory.xml indicates...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1848 on: September 20, 2010, 04:19:44 pm »

Actually, don't vectors have an additional 3 DWORDs at the beginning for the vtable and some other variables? At least that's what DFHack's memory.xml indicates...
Not anymore in 31.13.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 21, 2010, 02:02:28 am »

dfhack is up -- prospector worked on windows, 1.13 SDL.  http://github.com/peterix/dfhack/downloads

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 22, 2010, 02:31:27 am »

Oh, that's great! Really thanks, guys!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 22, 2010, 03:14:59 am »

bad user, bad!

go to the new thread!
 ;D

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1852 on: September 22, 2010, 09:39:16 am »

For anyone (like me) who follows this thread and didn't know that there was a new one: the new thread is here.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist Alpha Release (LATEST 0.1.6 see first post)
« Reply #1853 on: December 02, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »

what the f is this stuff?

I'm using Dwarf Foreman by Shishamaru, and it doesn't have anything like this...

This program, unlike Dwarf Manager, is a serious contender for my one-and-only labor-management tool.  Before I made the switch to Dwarf Therapist, I used Dwarf Foreman.  Some of the layout and design choices made in that program may be valuable to you as well.

Here is a screenshot of Dwarf Foreman:

Requested Dwarf Therapist changes:
* A display of military skills, but not in the main window, as that would make it too wide for many people's monitors (inc. mine)

* Ability to narrow the side panels more (so all of the main screen can be shown at once on my monitor).  The fact that virtually all of it shows makes this program a suitable replacement for Dwarf Foreman in a way that Dwarf Manager isn't.

* Ability to rewrite labor settings even without making any changes.  If I change a dwarf's profession name from, say, "miner" to "hauler", Dwarf Foreman lets me immediately apply the "miner" labor settings to that dwarf.

* Less pastel and easier to see colors for active labors in the "group by nothing" display.

* Borders between job categories, as in Dwarf Foreman but not as bold, to prevent the eye wandering about.  At present, Dwarf Therapist doesn't make it quite as easy to pick the right labor and dwarf as does Dwarf Foreman.  But it's already pretty close and with some revisions will be better.

* Change the labor "Bowyer" to "Crossbow-making", "Armorsmithing" to "Armoring", "Gemcutting" to "Gem Cutting", "Gemsetting" to "Gem Setting", "BoneCarving," to "Bone Carving,", "GlassMaking" to "Glassmaking", "Soapmaking" to either "Soap Maker" (as in DF) or "Soap Making" (more in line with other labors), "LeatherWorking" to "Leatherworking".  Possibly other changes.

* Consider revising the order of labors within each category.  I find the order of labors within categories less easy to remember than that used by Dwarf Foreman, but I also like other parts of the ordering here more than in that program.  Perhap adopt the following order of labors?

Mining;
Wood Cutting, Carpentry, Crossbow-making, Wood Burning, Potash making, Lye making, Soap making;
<masonry, etc. - no change>;
move animal category between food and fishing categories - see below;
Furnace Operating, Weaponsmithing, Armoring, Blacksmithing, Metalcrafting;
change jewelry category background color and make it a little more vivid and distinct, change names to "Gem Cutting", "Gem Setting";
Leatherworking, Woodcrafting, Stonecrafting, Bone Carving, Glassmaking, Weaving, Dyeing, Clothesmaking, Strand Extracting;
Farming, Cooking, Brewing, Farming Workshop, Milling, Butchery, Milking, Cheesemaking (avoid sticking wood burning etc. here, partly because they don't involve food and partly because the category would get too big);
Hunting, Trapping, Animal Training, Animal Care, Animal Dissection;
<fishing - no change>
<mechanics, etc. - no change>
Stone Hauling, Wood Hauling, Item Hauling, Food Hauling, Refuse Hauling, Furniture Hauling, Animal Hauling, Cleaning, Health Care, Burial;
Alchemy

* In the picture above, notice the horizontal lines separating groups of three dwarves or professions.  They make it considerably easier to keep track of which dwarf's settings are getting changed.

* Change "Commit Pending Changes".  That's coder jargon.  Consider changing "Read Dwarves" and "Commit Pending Changes" to "Load from DF" and "Write to DF".

* Whenever I reload DF, I also have to reload Dwarf Therapist.  This isn't the case for Dwarf Foreman - there, all I have to do is hit the "Load from DF" button.

With massive appreciation for your excellent work,
Fedor

Esrelith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 29, 2016, 09:31:10 pm »

is there a possibility of an OS X version of dwarf therapist for the latest df build?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:24:49 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124]