Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 609057 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1575 on: July 23, 2010, 06:30:34 pm »

Hmm great .11 is out but... i dont think therapist work yet for .11 weel nothing is said on the forum here nor the official Therapist forum let hope it doesnt take too long :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1576 on: July 23, 2010, 06:37:35 pm »

Hmm great .11 is out but... i dont think therapist work yet for .11 weel nothing is said on the forum here nor the official Therapist forum let hope it doesnt take too long :D

Did you read the thread?  They're only about 20 replies back.

Click here for Windows
Click here for Linux

If you don't know how to go from there, please forget I said anything and wait for chmod to bundle a new release.

(Note: I haven't actually tried them, but each has 2 people backing each other's claims so they should work.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1577 on: July 23, 2010, 06:55:15 pm »

GUYS WHY DOESNT IT WORK I LOOKED EVERYWHERE

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 24, 2010, 12:26:13 am »

GUYS WHY DOESNT IT WORK I LOOKED EVERYWHERE
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 24, 2010, 01:07:48 am »

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

unknwnsoljer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 24, 2010, 02:20:26 am »

Here is how this works.

1) Someone (maybe even you!) finds the offsets using the tools provided
2) That person(s) posts them in this thread
3) People test them
4) They get released when chmod is ready
5) You shut up and go back to playing DF

Edit: Wow, this forum makes me angry. Less posting, more playing is called for.

Edit 2: DT has a permissive license. You want to release stuff, grab a copy and start coding.

I also agree.
It's very generous of chmod to do all this work, release it for free, and release the source code with a permissive license. Thank you chmod.
For others to question how he wants his work packaged and presented (i.e. he wants to make very sure that there are no new bugs in the memory layouts or in the interaction of the new DF & dwarf therapist, etc.), given his generous attitude is very selfish and naive. Don't imply that his only reason for asking you to cease and desist distributing his hard work without his permission is solely for his own personal, monetary gain. That's very rude.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #1581 on: July 24, 2010, 09:09:17 am »

> the dev to make a new .xml after the official release

I'm guessing you mean .ini, cos I didn't do anything with any xml files, the mapping files for Dwarf Therapist are in .ini "format".

I'm guessing that this is based on most every other current DF tool being based on DFHack, which uses a Memory.xml file rather than the INI files that DT uses.

Out of curiosity, chmod.  Why don't you use DFHack?  The whole point (as I understand it) of that project was to share the memory locations and memory hacking work when a new version comes out.  There's already some cross-pollination of addresses between the two formats, but it would be quicker if you used DFHack.

Actually, it would take longer.  DFHack requires a lot more memory hacking and byte scanning to generate the new offsets/vectors.  The DFHack community is getting faster at finding said numbers and getting working XML file(s) out sooner, but until someone works up a simpler way of determining the full DFHack memory scan, it's faster to let DT stay where it is.  chmod has distributed instrutions on how to use the memory scanner to get offsets for new DF versions...
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 24, 2010, 11:09:15 am »

All true and good, but it still strikes me as inefficient that everyone has to tweak their DT manually, rather than for one quick non-Chmod person to just release an intermediate version once they have theirs set up. Sharing isn't stealing, methinks  :-\
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 24, 2010, 12:07:53 pm »

It seems to me that the proper way to do an unofficial interim release is simply to put up the new Memory.xml file.

I know that if someone took one of my utilities, changed something, and released it without changing the name or announcing a formal code fork, I'd be rather miffed.  (Understatement.)

charl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 24, 2010, 12:51:45 pm »

So I compiled DT from source, and changed the inis to work with .11, but I can't get the program to run. It opens and starts and then closes immediately. I'm running the latest version of Ubuntu.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the problem.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it's 32 bit Ubuntu.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:53:52 pm by charl »

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 24, 2010, 04:06:03 pm »

Okay, I'm totally failing at getting my DT program to register 31.11. I've tried following the procedure listed at the website (generated a world, 0123456789abcdef Mcdwarf...etc), I've tried copy-pasting the offset list on this thread, I've even flat-out started praying to Armok for a new release!

Anyone know how to get this to work on Vista?

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1586 on: July 24, 2010, 08:20:17 pm »

Thanks for the fun guys, but I'm done with this. Please let me know if you're interested in becoming the new maintainer.

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/HelpWanted

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1587 on: July 24, 2010, 08:23:31 pm »

Thanks for the fun guys, but I'm done with this. Please let me know if you're interested in becoming the new maintainer.

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/HelpWanted
:'(

We will miss you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 24, 2010, 08:24:49 pm »

Aww, well its been great and I really hope this tool doesn't die.

I know theres alot of people knowledgeable about programming around here and DT already has the tools to get new vertexes and stuff for each version.

snooptodd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 24, 2010, 08:55:07 pm »

So I compiled DT from source, and changed the inis to work with .11, but I can't get the program to run. It opens and starts and then closes immediately. I'm running the latest version of Ubuntu.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing the problem.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it's 32 bit Ubuntu.

you need to have the correct directory structure. It should look something like this

~/DwarfTherapist
~/DwarfTherapist/log
~/DwarfTherapist/etc
     etc is copied from the source
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 124