Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Weird Open Space Bug  (Read 1473 times)

GrafZeppelin

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saddest Dwarf
    • View Profile
[40d] Weird Open Space Bug
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:23:09 pm »

Images of bug in Spoiler Box
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This appeared after I set a refuse stockpile and set the orders to "Gather Refuse from Outside". Then these holes appeared! The thing is, they go nowhere (below them is indoor subterranean) and they weren't there before, they just appeared out of the blue! This is on an unmodded 40d, fresh install, first fortress on this install.
If it helps, here is the save: Link

EDIT: I was also channeling before it occurred.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: [40d] Weird Open Space Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 05:52:16 pm »

It's possible that you clicked on the ground while the channel designation was still selected. If you've allowed mouse control in the init.txt, it'll place a designation.

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Weird Open Space Bug
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:38 am »

if you construct a floor over the tile and then deconstruct the tile again it should reset it..    ive found the exact same bug when freezing ice on a slope...  the level below is a solid block of ice, the level above is instead open space.

now, whats REALLY annoying me, is i finished casting the first floor of my ice fortress...  went to dig out some rooms...   and randomly, im getting BLACK HOLES OF NOTHINGNESS that cannot be built ON, ABOVE, or IN.   the holes cant even be pathed through...    it shows up as nothing at all.   cant build a bridge through them or anything