Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Depot Exploit  (Read 1415 times)

IceDragon_XxX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trade Depot Exploit
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:47:37 am »

When I moved my trade depot outside, I set my old depot to be deconstructed. There where merchants at the old one, unloaded and all set up, so I figured they would just move on up to the other depot. I was wrong, heh. After the depot was deconstructed, my dwarfs ran and grabbed all the traders items. I tested it a couple more times, to see if the bug was consistent, and sure enough, it was.

Anyway, Sorry if this has already been brought to your attention already. I didn't find anything when I searched Trade Depot except for the multi depot and humans thing.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Depot Exploit
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:45:50 am »

Yeah, there's a lot of ways to steal from the traders, and deconstructing the depot is one of them. But they'll remember you stole from them, and bring a lot less stuff next time.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:36:04 am »

not in my experience...     ive been stealing from caravans by deconstructing depots for months now, and they always bring MORE the next time... especially non-home civs... (elves, humans, ect)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:17:52 am »

In my experience, they bring more extremely cheap stuff like logs and cloth and raw plants, and less of finished goods.

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 02:48:30 pm »

thats not a problem if you are like me and only want raw plants and logs so you can make your own...