Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issues with Club Security  (Read 1647 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Issues with Club Security
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:48:44 am »

1) If you are an appropriately dressed woman, the bouncer at the gentlemans club will usually let you in. Until you get a club security sleeper, after which the sleeper will always let you in, but any bouncer other than the sleeper will never let you in. Consequently, for a woman it is much easier to get into the club without a sleeper than with one.

2) Gender and clothing handling here is probably not what it should probably be. As is, type of clothing is ignored, provided the quality is sufficient. If, for example, you are a man wearing a skimpy black dress, the guard will always let you in. This might possibly be appropriate during some stages of gender acceptance...but even so it is contrary to what I would expect. This club is a conservative haven. On the other hand, if you are a woman wearing that same dress, the guard may or may not choose to let you in. This is also contrary to what I would expect. In my own personal experience, it is much easier for any woman to get into clubs of this sort. Imagine the guard saying, "this establishment is for the enjoyment of men, only" To which the woman replies "Yes. And I'm here for the enjoyment of men, only, too." She will get in.

3) Whether or not the guard chooses to let you in, you do not immediately receive access to the "talk" option. However, if you move off the square and back, this option becomes available. I'm not sure what the intended handling was...but I'm fairly certain this wasn't it.

4) If the guard turns you down for any reason, it is possible to bypass him by attempting to force the door. This opens up the previously unavailable "talk" option, and as a result of the escalted security status from being watched while attempting to force the door will allowing you to "Bluff" your way out of the situation, and the guard will leave the area completely.

5) If you attempt this, but fail to bash down the door, and then spam "S - wait" eventually the conservatives will show up in force. However, they teleport to the inside of the establishment, and have some difficulty getting through the locked door. They will get through eventually, but you may have to hold down S for 20-30 seconds before they manage it. Which is odd, because presumably they would have needed to go through both you and the door to get in.

6) The guard is trivial to kidnap. It's pretty much completely safe to try as many times as you want, and it's consistently doable even with naked, unarmed founders with zero juice and zero martial arts skill on day one of gameplay. Give him some better martial arts skills and a gun or something.

7) If you succeed in seducing the guard, he leaves. If you then leave the square and return, a new guard has magically appeared in his place. If you fail to seduce him, you can step off and back as many times as you need until you eventually succeed in seducing him. The sequence down-up-t-b-space-space-repeat allows you to quickly and easily train up seduction skill as high as you want.

8) If you show up naked, it takes the guard entirely too long to decide to do anything about you, making this by far the fastest, easiest and most reliable source of stealth training. Which is odd, since he talks to you the moment you arrive, so obviously he knows you're there.

9) Similarly, showing up in appropriate attire makes him a trivial way to train disguise skill. Disguise skill should probably not be trainable multiple times on the same target. Standing in front of a target who has already identified you as "ok" should neither give further skill gains, nor require additional rolls to continually pass the check.

10) During "high security" the club guard is replaced by an "Enforcer." However, if your regular guard is a sleeper, then the enforcer will be a sleeper as well.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Club Security
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 05:31:51 pm »

You seem to be wanting more a revamp of the entire game than the change of a single location.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 02:06:10 am »

Hey, don't bash on the guy, he means well. Most of these are bugs.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:15:18 am »

I wasn't bashing anyone, I was making an observation.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 11:29:12 pm »

1) Thats probably intended behavior. The sleeper bouncer is supposed to always let you in.

2) While women don't have trouble getting into normal strip-clubs, I'm guessing the Club in-game is supposed to represent a high-class cigar bar with an exclusive (conservative) clientel and don't
want female customers with their odd lesbian vibe they'd bring to the atmosphere. Its implied the bouncer would know which girls work for the Club and none of your liberals work there.

3) I guess the idea is is to keep naked liberals from removing the bouncer by talking politics or dropping a pick-up line, which would cause him to abandon his post. After he lets you in, it doesn't matter as much since he won't keep you from coming back in.

4) I suppose this isn't totally unrealistic, if you can open the door without his consent and bluff him saying "I own this dump, back off or your fired!" Or "I'm the fire marshal, I'm going in anyways If you were very convincing you could pull this off.

5) that surely seems like a bug

6) I think it should be possible to kidnap him, but it should not be so easy.

7) That seems explotive, as there would not be an endless legion of bouncers to replace the ones that desert their posts for whatever reasons.

8 ) IT could be abstracted that you are skulking around naked in the parking lot and he is standing at the door, not wanted to go chase you off.

9) It could be abstracted as hanging out around the bouncer, who should be keeping an eye on you, it trains your skill like spamming "s" while in any conservative encounter.

10) Well, an "enforcer" is just a bouncer with a gun. No reason why your sleeper can't be given a gun and told to go about his door-tending duties as usual.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 12:19:17 am »

1) If you are an appropriately dressed woman, the bouncer at the gentlemans club will usually let you in. Until you get a club security sleeper, after which the sleeper will always let you in, but any bouncer other than the sleeper will never let you in. Consequently, for a woman it is much easier to get into the club without a sleeper than with one.

1) Thats probably intended behavior. The sleeper bouncer is supposed to always let you in.

If I'm reading the first bit right, it sounds like a bug. The issue isn't that the newly-turned sleeper will let you in; it's that non-sleepers will never let you in once you get a sleeper, but they might before you got one. That inconsistency sounds unintended.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 12:26:40 am »

I dunno, I have one sleeper bouncer and the non-sleepers let me in just fine, but I have a properly dressed male with high disguise though.

It has to do with letting females who would otherwise beable to get pass suddenly being refused for being a female after a sleeper bouncer was recruited?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:13 am »

Hmmm... I'm guessing the laws didn't randomly change after you got the sleeper.  Maybe they realise they've been infiltrated and tighten security?