Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: But...I just wanted to play you a song!  (Read 4208 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But...I just wanted to play you a song!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 03:19:31 am »

How about police always initiate (first encounter) with a verbal command?

"Stop doing X or we will Y!"

These are the Police. I think this is the most likely scenario

*Shoot*
Police: "Stop playing music or we will shoot you again"
Musician: "I give up!"
*Shoot*
Police: "Sorry, we thought you were humming a tune"
Musician: "My Kidneys!"
Police: "He has kidneys SHOOT HIM!"
*Bamn!*

Though in all seriousness they arn't obligated to ask you to stop. They can just go ahead and shoot.

Rezan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 07:30:30 am »

Depends on which state you're in, I'd think. But I like that idea for when the police issue is non-conservative.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 07:54:19 am »

Yeah, that would make sense (police shouting warnings and attempting to arrest you when police laws are liberal, and shooting on sight if they aren't).  Then again, this would be yet another thing that makes the game easier as you progress... maybe they would be more likely to attack with non lethal but very good at incapacitating weapons, like tasers? 

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:21 am »

Then don't base it on politic/police issue.

make a (for a lack of a better word:) "corruption index"

The By-The-Book (ArchCon) cop will ask you to stop playing that guitar, if you don't then he will confiscate the guitar/shoot-on-sight/beat you up. (whatever is law)

The my-way-or-the-highway(Conservative) will just do go "dirty liberals" and shoot you.
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 03:41:16 pm »

Yeah, that would make sense (police shouting warnings and attempting to arrest you when police laws are liberal, and shooting on sight if they aren't).  Then again, this would be yet another thing that makes the game easier as you progress... maybe they would be more likely to attack with non lethal but very good at incapacitating weapons, like tasers? 

Well the CCS is supposed to be serious opposition. Id think once the USA goes Liberal the remaining Conservatives in the country would side with the CCS

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 03:14:40 pm »

Cops gunning down hippies because they are shouting and strumming guitars?

It is just as realistic as cynical policemen, hardened federal agents and brainwashed soldiers instantly discarding their conservative idealogy and deserting their misguided cause because El Che rocked them so hard with his face-melting guitar solo.
El Che and his guitar have mind control powers... ;)

In which case, shooting him seems to be a perfectly valid course of action.

I mean, you never hesitate to shoot the psy-amp-toting aliens in X-com.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 03:16:24 pm by Ciarog »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 09:03:14 pm »

Well, you can't use tasers, since it is agreed upon on the board that banning teasers is the L+ thing to do.

But the L+ Police got Police Negogiators, who attempt to address the childhood problems of the LCS. This is a very dangerous debate attack, causing LCS members to eventually surrender to the Police. These Negogiators are Liberal, so you can't shoot them either.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 07:33:51 am »

Ah, sounds good.  Like Arch Conservatives only non violent liberals?

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 01:47:16 am »

Yeah, this needs to be fixed.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 02:00:23 am »

If Law Enforcement is anything but C+, then the police, if you aren't already shooting people, should give you a chance to surrender. Police are, no matter what side of the spectrum you're on (unless you get really ridicoulously extremist, like C+ :)) a life SAVING organization, not a life TAKING one. Their job is to prevent damage - to prevent people getting killed. Even a suspect has a right to life, although if he is threatening others' right to life with a deadly weapon, an officer has every reason to shoot.

All the same, trying to knife people should be met with a baton or taser unless they've actually killed someone. Escalating levels of force. Generally a policeman can use one level of force above what the suspect is using, so if the suspect is punching someone, they can respond with arm-locks, pepper spray, etc, going to the baton if those don't work. If the suspect is knifing someone, pepper spray is still an option but tasers or batons are more likely to be used. (Tasers are highly effective against folks armed with melee weapons.) If the suspect has killed someone, then it's almost always going to be the gun - but if they're not an immediate threat to anyone else, a chance to surrender, warning shots etc, should be given.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 05:31:26 am »

But police become more like death squads at C+...
Pages: 1 [2]