Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: I have too many Forum Game ideas...  (Read 8079 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have too many Forum Game ideas...
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 05:19:44 am »

I guess you're entitled to post in the thread if you feel like it, and offer me suggestions on what to do, but I'd rather control all the moving parts myself.  But you'll have to promise not to be so spazmatic.

Spazmatic?
Deustch?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2009, 05:25:21 am »

That's pretty much what I'm talking about.  All your crazy otaku and religious-flaming stuff and lack of spelling.  Leanin' toward no.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2009, 05:28:25 am »

That's pretty much what I'm talking about.  All your crazy otaku and religious-flaming stuff and lack of spelling.  Leanin' toward no.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I can spell! Why can't I? I have Firefox installed! I have been saved!

(Beside, my dream is to able to export the awesomeness from Indonesia Malayanesia United South Eastern Republic. This is MY CHANCE!)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009, 05:36:51 am »

Okay, you're on the right track.  Now, if you're going to be an NPC or commenter or something, can promise more than just pseudo-Islamic aggression and bizarre not-quite-racism?
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 06:42:20 am »

Yesh. A commentary from a man lives there , has some true facts about the region, guarranteed to liven up the mood, and  hopeless enough to type using the PSP...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 03:30:51 pm »

you forgot a "who" before "lives there"

Also, that looks epic.  Also, I suggest, instead of grenades, bottles of liquid PAIN.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 08:51:49 am »

you forgot a "who" before "lives there"

Also, that looks epic.  Also, I suggest, instead of grenades, bottles of liquid PAIN.

Blame Sony's PSP(TM) QWERTY system.
Made my thumb ache. HARD.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 05:16:47 pm »

For the tazer idea, I suggest that it's effects vary wildly, and it should occasionally glitch out and refuse to work at all. POWs could be very fun, especially when the angry mob assembles to boot out 'the foreign army' frees them...
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 05:29:58 pm »

Include tanks!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 05:34:28 pm »

Yeah, we need to have tanks. Ones that spray waters out of water cannons at rioting crowds instead of booting up the mini gun because they know the UN is watching, but also able to fire those beautiful explosive shells.

I think another good factor would be foreign reporter, from Time and The Daily etc. They'd be in the rioting crowds, taking pictures and filming and would be around to catch all of the numerous fuckups. Also, reporters could give random man on the street interviews to a member/members of your squad and depending on their stats they could have a good interview or a bad one. Reporters should also be able to get kidnapped by any one of the numerous factions, sparking a mission where you either need to negotiate his release or bust him out of there with force.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2009, 09:59:40 pm »

Re: Tanks - No.  Let me explain, in order of importance.
1) In my opinion (I'm not alone, but that's a big qualifier), the nature of modern war, with it's tight environments, abundance of neutral targets, and the prevalence of armor destroying weaponry, has rendered heavy tanks not just obsolete, but a costly liability.  Tanks were made for a specific purpose - breaking and exploiting battlelines.  Wars just aren't fought like that anymore, and the tank is rapidly going the way of the lances and catapults.  When I came up with this idea, I wanted to show off my interpretation of the future of warfare, warts and all (especially warts really), and tanks just don't fit in there.
2) The conflict I've described, of the South Pacific breaking into factionalism and anarchy, doesn't leave heavy armor with much to do.  The terrain is all wrong, there's no threat it's needed for, and the logistical needs of transporting tanks outweighs whatever benefit tanks would offer over lighter, more specialized systems.
3) I specifically wanted to focus on the grim business of infantry combat, and the unit the players constitute is a Mechanized Infantry battalion, not Armor or anything else.

So it's an infantry focused unit, in an infantry focused war, in an infantry focused game.

However, for people (Strife) with an armor fetish, there will be other options.  For clarity, each player commands a full Company of five Platoons.  Each Platoon is a purpose-oriented unit - various breeds of infantry or support vehicles.  Most of the vehicles will be updated versions of modern stuff, including things like the Stryker Gun System and the AML-90.  Not tanks no, but vehicular firepower.  And yes, there will be stuff just for riots.

Reporters and such is a whole other can of worms I'll mess with later, when my degree isn't in jeopardy.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2009, 10:34:06 pm »

I'll accept IFV's, I suppose. Mind you, the ability to thunder run through any cities would be my primary strategy. The old Strife "Screw public opinion" plan. Of course, I don't think that I'll have time to participate, I'll probably just watch.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 08:33:48 am »

Can we get human sized battle suits?

[exosuits]

If we can, I'm sold.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 05:01:59 pm »

I'll accept IFV's, I suppose. Mind you, the ability to thunder run through any cities would be my primary strategy. The old Strife "Screw public opinion" plan. Of course, I don't think that I'll have time to participate, I'll probably just watch.

Strange. I belong to the "Public Opinion Is King" School of Thought.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 05:43:50 pm »

Strange. I belong to the "Public Opinion Is King" School of Thought.

Indeed, that's another big shtick of my plan.  When every person on the street is a member of the Twittieri and YouTube moves faster than Intel, and the legitimacy of the entire operation comes from the cooperation of Security Council nations, public image and opinion becomes vitally important.  And remember, this an extra-national military answering to the UN composed only of volunteers.  If the Directorial Committee is upset with your performance in any regard, you could be stripped of your command and sent packing in a matter of hours.

Can we get human sized battle suits?

Funny, you're reading my mind, but I'm not sold on letting you in if you're going to be a spazmoidal proto-troll.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4