Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Udirid "BlackRock" The Obsidian Fortress {Communitty Fort}  (Read 1201 times)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Udirid "BlackRock" The Obsidian Fortress {Communitty Fort}
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:49:31 pm »

Two of Seven dwarves claimed.  I have  3 women and 2 men left to be claimed.  Fortress has been started, though, the remaining dwarves are peasants.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:18:14 am by dresdor »

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Dakosttosed "Floorstops; the Granite Fortress" {Community Fortress}
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 12:31:29 am »

Hmm, I'll claim one, the male.  I assume that the dwarves are to remain skill-less rather than have their skills added after claiming?

Anyway, let's see...
Name: Kun Mümgozók ("Cat Dragondinner")
Profession (if available): Miner (just leaving him as a peasant is fine, otherwise)
Plays Dwarf Fortress when bored.  Is probably bored.

Current fort:
Shipnet: For The Throne, But Against The King [Community]
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 04:28:50 am »

My save file is a little screwy, so I'll have to restart (and maybe find an area with magma this time so it can be an obsidian fortress). 

so i guess I can start with actual skills.  ::)

Okay, new rules;  Gender is up in the air, please post a preference.  I will not be claiming a dwarf:

7 dwarves with 150 points to spend each on skills and equipment combined.  Extra points will be for random stuff I feel we need (probably food and seeds if nobody brings them, we will have no anvil to start).

I will be trying to embark on an area with both sand and magma.  The castle and fort will (eventually) be made out of cut blocks of a uniform material (be it marble, granite, obsidian, or god's forbid microline).

Please post:

Name:
Gender Preference:
Starting Skills prefered:
equipment:
Short bio and or quirks:

One dwarf claimed (please repost with point purchases Q-lok).

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:14:57 am »

Yay, can I claim one?  ;D

Name: The Vest (couldn't think of a lore-y name)
Gender Preference: Female
Starting Skills: Mason (26 pts) Architect (18 pts) Bone Carver (35 pts) (might've gotten the pointcounts wrong)
Equipment: Nothing special
Short Bio and/or Quirks:
(Couldn't think of a bio but I thought of a "fun" quirk)
The Vest was told by a wise dwarf that, upon completing her greatest work, she would die in a horrific accident. Being a dwarf, The Vest realizes that this is not entirely unusual, but she intends to make it happen either way.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:40:57 pm »

Okay, hopefully this will do for the new setup.

Name: Kun Mümgozók ("Cat Dragondinner")
Gender preference: Male
Starting skills: Miner [11], Mason [11], Competent Engraver [18], Competent Conversationalist [18] (total points: 58)
Equipment: Bismuth bronze pick [60], Chrysocolla amulet [20], Lye (x2) [10] (total points: 148)
Short bio and/or quirks: Kun was once a normal dwarf, loving booze and hating elves with the best of them, but at some point he decided a purely ascetic way of life was for him and became a Philosopher.  His earlier life had been as a stoneworker, and his duties had ranged from mining to engraving to masonry, but he decided philosophy was really more for him.  He became an artist, using his engravings to explore the nature of the world around him, and then learned to sound as wise as he thought he was when sharing his knowledge.  He had been studying various substances, most recently the chrysocolla in his new amulet, when the call had gone out for a miner to help construct a fortress made entirely of obsidian.  Fascinated by the opportunity to study so much obsidian at one time, Kun officially gave up the Philosopher's way of life and signed on, bringing only his pick (for he needed one for the job), his amulet (for he had not yet finished his study of chrysocolla), and two blocks of lye (for he had a hankering for something to whittle at in his spare time).

Also, if possible, I'd like his custom title to be "Former Wise One," or possibly something wittier if you can think of anything.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:43:07 pm by Q-Lok »

Current fort:
The story of a band of exiles, removed forcibly from their mountainhome by a corrupt usurper.  Rith Medtobikal seeks to turn his frozen home into a new monument to the true king's line in defiance of Nish Roadreined (the "ignoble noble").

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:35:22 pm »

depending on the civ, not sure if I can do the specifics on the pick and amulet, but I will try.

Two claimed, I need five more please.

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 07:42:58 pm »

Ah, that's fine.  Cheers for accommodating as best you can.  ^_^  In all honesty, the bismuth bronze thing was just to uselessly eat points.

Current fort:

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Udirid "BlackRock" The Obsidian Fortress {Communitty Fort}
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 02:31:00 am »

Fortress started, working on it now. 

I couldn't add all the levels to vest's bone carving because of the 10 level restriction; she has competant bone carving and competant building designer, in addition to skilled mason.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:53:57 am »

Fortress started, working on it now. 

I couldn't add all the levels to vest's bone carving because of the 10 level restriction; she has competant bone carving and competant building designer, in addition to skilled mason.

Whooops I forgot about that! Well, it's no big deal, at least she gets to be useful.

I notice you changed the thread title. Obsidian sounds (and would look) a lot more impressive than regular granite.  ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:20:36 pm »

I'm happy to say that despite fire imps running around and four kobolds skulking; we are all still alive and most of the "construction camp" fortress has been dug.  We have also started work on the main keep. 

Its a map without a single scrap of wood on it, so things might get dicey later.  I brought a lot of towercaps and hopefully our underground river (which I've yet to find and is our *only* source of water on this map) spawns something big and muhsroomy.

First year is done I'll post it later.   

Q-Lok

• Bay Watcher
  • Cog Mersethoslan
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 10:33:26 pm »

*snip* our underground river (which I've yet to find and is our *only* source of water on this map) *snip*
That sounds... almost exactly like the first year of Shipnet.  Only you haven't lost two dwarves to it yet.  XD

Current fort:

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 12:13:20 am »

I'm happy to say that despite fire imps running around and four kobolds skulking; we are all still alive and most of the "construction camp" fortress has been dug.  We have also started work on the main keep. 

Its a map without a single scrap of wood on it, so things might get dicey later.  I brought a lot of towercaps and hopefully our underground river (which I've yet to find and is our *only* source of water on this map) spawns something big and muhsroomy.

First year is done I'll post it later.   

Well, as long as the migration waves aren't too useless it looks like you're off to a good start. ;D