Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Best Elf Ever.  (Read 23910 times)

Radioactive Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Elf Ever.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2009, 08:03:07 pm »

I looked everywhere for the giant radscorpion but never found it. I heard tales of an enormous Yaoi-Guoi, but never found it.

Giant Rad-Scorpions appear when you level up. They're a pain in the ass when you're exploring the upper half of the map.

Haven't heard of anything of a gargantuan Yao-Guai.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 05:57:11 am »

Appear only when you level up? Dammit.

The Yao-Guai might be a myth then.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 12:01:40 pm »

They're a pain in the ass when you're exploring the upper half of the map.

Oh rlyeh? My Chinese Officer's Sword cuts them like butter. Om nom nom.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Radioactive Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 01:09:23 pm »

They're a pain in the ass when you're exploring the upper half of the map.

Oh rlyeh? My Chinese Officer's Sword cuts them like butter. Om nom nom.

Small arms character. I encountered them, like, every five seconds (I don't have the DLC yet, so thank God I didn't have to deal with Albino Radscorps)

Giant Radscorps can appear at any level, but they only become REALLY numerous when you're near level twenty.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 04:09:58 pm »

ah I need to replay that game... Unfortunately the sniper rifle is so limited on ammunition that playing a sniper is pretty impossible. The scoped magnum is nice as well, but all the other guns just lack range. NEED MOAR AMMO.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 11:56:49 pm »

That game had a sucky weapon balancing. I got through Fallout 3 and Broken Steel just by using the Sword, 10mm SMG and on occasion Frag Grenades. Plus you already get a kickass armor at the start in Megaton ... so you almost don't have to get any weaps or armor later, you already have the best.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 04:22:23 am »

Which sword? The Chinese Officer Sword or the Shishkabob?

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:14 am »

Chinese Officer's.

You can't get the Shishkebab until later in the game, not that it's really that good. Dart Gun, it think, is the only useful custom weapon, at least by me. Well, that and Deathclaw Gauntlet. Good for Enclave ripping.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 08:33:07 am »

Very useful for wood, if trees are sparse and you have neither magma nor coal.

Don't buy wood from those monopolizing assholes. They sell it for high prices. Buy it from humans and dwarves. If they don't bring it automatically, request it from their liasons and you'll pay 3 dwarf bucks plus whatever percentage you put into it.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 12:45:10 pm »

True. I'm stopping my mug/instrument production because they don't get used. I'm selling way too much in goblin clothing to need anything else. One hauling job = 600-700 dwarfpounds. Each mug fetches 120-150, and even produced in threes it requires more effort than I can be bothered to put in. Legendary mug-maker, welcome to goblin killing. Technically you'll still be funding my fortress, but now it will be less with stone, and more with your blood.

Radioactive Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 01:37:11 pm »

ah I need to replay that game... Unfortunately the sniper rifle is so limited on ammunition that playing a sniper is pretty impossible. The scoped magnum is nice as well, but all the other guns just lack range. NEED MOAR AMMO.

Dave's Ol' Painless and Lincoln's Repeater are some of the best rifles out there.

Best assault rifle's the Xuanlong, especially when you have maxed out small arms. Tears Enclavists apart.

The Armored 101 Suit is useful until you get T-51b or Hellfire.  :P

KaziArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2009, 03:52:55 pm »

Dave's Ol' Painless and Lincoln's Repeater are some of the best rifles out there.

Best assault rifle's the Xuanlong, especially when you have maxed out small arms. Tears Enclavists apart.

T-51B winterised with the Gauss Rifle *And a backup gun of course*

I've never been happier in my entire life...
Plus all the outcasts killed each other at the base so I have a half dozen Outcast T-45d suits to :D

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 05:46:07 pm »

T-51B winterised with the Gauss Rifle *And a backup gun of course*

I've never been happier in my entire life...
Plus all the outcasts killed each other at the base so I have a half dozen Outcast T-45d suits to :D

So we're on Operation Anchorage now, eh?

Best damn thing there is the Chinese Stealth Armor. Get it, a knife, and 50 sneak, and you're immortal. You can just keep doing sneak attacks and they never see you. Beats a T-51b anytime.

Not mentioning those things look ugly with that big valve on the back. Makes me look like a water tower on legs. And the Gauss Rifle? Meh. Slow reload, only one shot at once ...  I'll pass.

Oh, almost forgot. If you also have The Pitt, there's the Infiltrator weapon. It's an Assault Rifle with a silencer, so you can keep doing even more sneak criticals.

But, meh. Combat Knife beats that.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2009, 06:05:11 pm »

Bah, who needs armor or weapons? Take a few perks and your fists end up some of the deadliest weapons in the game, and DR is a straight percentage reduction, is it not? So if you're using anything but the best, it's not going to help you much. Using just your fists you'll easily get through anything vanilla fallout 3 has to offer (behemoths might be an exception to this...), though the high level shit added by some of the dlc just shrugs it off. Like reavers, overlords, and some aliens. Which forces you to use the overpowered loot also added by the dlc. The stealthsuit is a fucking game-breaker though. I got through broken steel without so much as a scratch using it. Which changed the fight at the end from what (I assume) would have been a good shootout, into an annoying grind as I slowly crept around, sniping everyone. :/ I threw it in a locker in my house after that, and refused to touch it again.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 05:57:46 am »

Hey, anybody heard of the Real Time Strategy mod? You can build your whole village and shit.

RTS Website
You need to register to download it, though.

Oh, also recommended with it, though not needed:
Increased Range
Village Cap Extender

And then you got slaves ... er ... villagers that do your bidding.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4