Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 90

Author Topic: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app  (Read 314925 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Fortress: another 3D visualisation app
« Reply #1110 on: February 04, 2010, 08:15:34 pm »

I have never seen a pressure geyser in a visualizer.  That actually looks kinda awesome.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

quinntan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 05, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »

Time for some final pictures of Largetower. Turns out I wasn't done with it before but now that its so close to the new release, I think I am.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:20 pm »

thats a tall Z axis you've got there on that geyser. still impressive. does anyone know how creatures react to such an event. I am suddenly inspired to make several if it can wash them in.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 07, 2010, 11:42:13 pm »

While I haven't been cruel enough to place anything inside an geyser outflow I assume everything inside the geyser itself would be unmoved and would just start drowning from the way highly pressurized water moves.  Anything nearby however, but not quite inside the geyser should be pushed around by the water flow.  As the water is then using the more reasonable flow system which can push things, instead of the high pressure water teleport system that cannot.

So It would not move anything too close or too far away, but should push stuff around at the "just right" distance pretty good.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #1114 on: February 08, 2010, 01:16:50 am »

Actually, pressurized water can kill in this game.  And not even in a particularly logical fashion; the simple act of being caught in pressurized water can do it.  I had a Dwarf once operating a pump to flood a tower.  After he quit, he stood around just a bit too long and got sucked out towards the river.  Instead of dying the usual slow death from drowning, he died almost immediately from the force of the water tugging him rapidly towards the river half a mile away.
Sanity is for the weak.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 08, 2010, 01:26:05 am »

Its exactly like getting caught in a raging flash flood, not that I've gotten caught in one.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 08, 2010, 02:27:06 am »

so a mine field of these things would be feasible... awesome! I shall begin the search for a suitable location. Im having to much fun with my current fort to spend much time on that though... and then the new version... maybe I'll wait... I dunno.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 08, 2010, 03:52:35 am »

I once tossed a goblin 1 z-level into a brook, and he was smashed into the adjacent wall so many times by the flow that he exploded. Ditto for the second one. Took about 5 seconds each.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 08, 2010, 01:13:21 pm »

Dude, that is unspeakably awesome!
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 09, 2010, 04:29:33 am »

I once tossed a goblin 1 z-level into a brook, and he was smashed into the adjacent wall so many times by the flow that he exploded. Ditto for the second one. Took about 5 seconds each.

How does that even work? As far as I know, water doesn't push objects into barriers.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:30 am »

I made a boat. It took a lot of dead children.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1121 on: February 09, 2010, 01:19:28 pm »

Woah, nice. But can it fly?

Plus, take a gander at my sig to see how many lives my ship has taken just to build it.

I'll maybe upload my pics later. It's actually taking form quite well.

I already got the bottom props installed, but this version of Visfort doesn't seem to have the models for waterwheels included yet. I can maybe photoshop some proper props and such when I finalize the ship.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:37:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 10, 2010, 01:55:29 am »

How does that even work? As far as I know, water doesn't push objects into barriers.

I don't know how it happened, but it did. Unfortunately, I have no recordings of it, and I'm not asure I could replicate it.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 10, 2010, 01:03:51 pm »

Undergrotto's not really done yet, but I might as well post some screenies here. I have to say, if there was one thing I'd really like VF to do, it'd be to allow light to shine through when an area is sliced down to have exposed sky. Getting enough light to define the stalactites was a huge pain.

Also:

That's wicked.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 10, 2010, 01:25:11 pm »

Undergrotto's not really done yet, but I might as well post some screenies here. I have to say, if there was one thing I'd really like VF to do, it'd be to allow light to shine through when an area is sliced down to have exposed sky. Getting enough light to define the stalactites was a huge pain.

Also:

That's wicked.

No, your grotto is wicked.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 90