Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My new world  (Read 769 times)

Kode527

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My new world
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:15:49 pm »

Good morning/day/afternoon or night or whatever.
I just generated new 257x257 world, Ilaskar, The Absolute Dimension and finally manged to do what I've been trying all night, to make a world with megabeast and over 700 year history, 755 exactly. Only megabeast I foud on world info was a Titan. And its going to be me who kills it.
Seems like I can start new adventure as an elf, as human, or dwarf. Which one will I choose?
Marksdwarf ofc.
Damn. My marksdwarf died to the first non-dwarf creature I met, Grizzly bear. :o :'( :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe better luck with a human.  8)
Damn, DF has never been this difficult, again, first time I leave the town, and I meet some wolves:
Maybe not.
hmm, I have to take an elf then. :-[
nope, didn't work. Dwarf again. :-\
Human.
This happened to the human with only shield user skill:
5 fails, its 04:00, g2g to bed now, Ill try again little bit later today.
 ;D

Damn it hard to find the titan, I know its in cave named Sineds, "Sweatcave" and it has over 200 kills, but people still seems to be too untroubled to tell me the exact location of the cave.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:45:20 am by Kode527 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: My new world
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:54:39 pm »

marksmen are crud. Just throw things.

For extra fun, play as a lasher.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:40:07 pm »

Talented Spearman + Talented Shield User + Novice Swimmer

The shield will keep most of the wolves off, the spear will annihilate anything with organs, the swimming will keep you from drowning as several of my adventurers have. Now train in the plains for a few months, strangling everything that gives into pain, and you should be pretty awesome before you know it.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:44:33 pm »

marksmen are crud. Just throw things.
Like arrows. Or bolts. Or coins. Either way, you got gore. Or stackstabbing in melee.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:47:55 pm »

Stackstabbing?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 07:49:18 pm »

Be a communist, use the sickel to cut down the oppresors, the hammer to for flying freedom

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 04:41:07 pm »

Stackstabbing?
Stabbing with a stack or arrows or bolts.

Too bad you can't throw a whole stack at once. Arrow shotgun! BAM Every body part possible explodes in gore.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 04:45:07 pm »

Be a communist, use the sickel to cut down the oppresors, the hammer to for flying freedom

Now why do I have a mental image of flying Lead hammers while reading this ... ?
The Flying Hammer hits Capitalism in the Oppressor Crotch! It explodes in gore!

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 05:25:58 pm »

Nikolas Romanov, Tsar has been struck down.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...