Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Stop Eating Those Sun Berries!

<< < (2/7) > >>

forsaken1111:

--- Quote from: Grendus on July 29, 2009, 09:32:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: Lamp on July 29, 2009, 08:10:43 pm ---Elliot's right, you could also try planting some rat weed plants, I can't remember if they are eatable raw, though.

--- End quote ---

Rat weed is edible raw. The downside is, it has the same plant value as sun berries, so it won't stop them from eating your booze plants. They will eat fewer of them though, as they will have a chance to choose rat weed instead. Try growing some Prickle Berries and Rat Weed alongside your Sun Berries and see how that works.

It may be possible to get cheaper food by booze cooking Prickle Berry Wine or Sewer Brew with unskilled cooks. I'm not sure how cooking effects food value though, if it only increases value via skill multipliers you'll end up with stacks of 50 Prickle Berry Wine Biscuits worth only 1 dwarfbuck each. If cooking adds value innately, it may not work. The wiki doesn't cover this, I cook stuff because it's a great space saver.

--- End quote ---
I believe cooking works the same as any other crafting which means the quality level multiplies the base value of the foods.

Skorpion:
Plump helmets are the solution. Plump helmets are always the solution.

EDIT:
Except for when the solution is magma.

forsaken1111:
Now to crossbreed plump helmets with magma...

Judas Maccabeus:

--- Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 29, 2009, 09:46:19 pm ---Now to crossbreed plump helmets with magma...

--- End quote ---
Yum!  *chomp*.... OH GOD MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!  LITERALLY!

forsaken1111:

--- Quote from: Judas Maccabeus on July 29, 2009, 10:03:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 29, 2009, 09:46:19 pm ---Now to crossbreed plump helmets with magma...

--- End quote ---
Yum!  *chomp*.... OH GOD MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE!  LITERALLY!

--- End quote ---

Magma Caps! It's the crop bred especially for troublesome noble dwarves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version