Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4794744 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: it's 6/12 everybody put their horns and hOnKs on
« Reply #26730 on: June 15, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »

I just looked at the Formspring for the first time in days, and due to it I finally figured out where the hell Pantskat came from.

"Hero Mode" -ish with sprite-ish no-arms looks pretty weird, specially since Karkat's whole body is his pants' color.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:20:58 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26731 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:46 pm »

Oh neat, I just saw Doc's painting of Redglare and Pyralspite taking out Mindfang's fleet, as well as his pillows with the scotties on them. Lolol Slick is standing on the couch

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26732 on: June 15, 2011, 06:21:14 pm »

I love that picture too. It seems like the logical order of the kids, as well; the two pairs are together, and John and Jade seem like the kind of semi-siblings that would rely on each other more and thus sit together while Rose and Dave don't show it as much because of their personalities.
This is the point

This is the depths of shipping hell you are currently in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26733 on: June 15, 2011, 06:24:04 pm »

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26734 on: June 15, 2011, 06:30:19 pm »

I love that picture too. It seems like the logical order of the kids, as well; the two pairs are together, and John and Jade seem like the kind of semi-siblings that would rely on each other more and thus sit together while Rose and Dave don't show it as much because of their personalities.
This is the point
[COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF SPACE]
 This is the depths of shipping hell you are currently in.

Shit you're right D:
You know what. I don't care. It's better than shipping trollsxkids, which I will never do. In fact, I stick to canon ships except for VriskaxJohn. That just makes me angry.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26735 on: June 15, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »

One of the things that makes me happy about Homestuck is that it contradicts the "only women are in fandom because only women have lady-hormones that make them interested in pairings and shipping" dealio.

I'm actually really happy about this.  Carry on, ladies and gents!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26736 on: June 15, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »

My memory seems to have slipped. Did that crowbar Slick is using have any special properties?
My personality profile.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26737 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:26 pm »

It destroys time artifacts and negates their influence on the timeline.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26738 on: June 15, 2011, 06:53:07 pm »

I love Doc Scratch's "shoo" moment.

Also, I just hope Vriska doesn't die...

OH TROLL JEGUS WHAT AM I SAYING

Also, this is probably the only fandom where I ship like I'm a fucking shipping magnate or something.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26739 on: June 15, 2011, 06:53:47 pm »

Oh, ok. Thanks.
My personality profile.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26740 on: June 15, 2011, 06:55:54 pm »

In which case, the critical question is, does that clock have any effect of the timeline?  Or is it just a marker, which destroying would do nothing?

One of the things that makes me happy about Homestuck is that it contradicts the "only women are in fandom because only women have lady-hormones that make them interested in pairings and shipping" dealio.

Since I feel like I've been roped into this group, allow me to explain myself at least.  This is at this point a pretty long and emotional story, with characters who are easy to invest in.  The protagonists have been through the ringer over and over again, and I like seeing protagonists win out in the end.  Winning out in this case means I want to see people be happy, and there's no metric anywhere in the story for happiness besides companionship.  None of them have ever really cared about "victory" or prizes or revenge against the actual badguys, it's about staying alive and having friends.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26741 on: June 15, 2011, 06:57:59 pm »

I want John to make a boomerang-pogo-hammer. Like, he hits someone with it and it bounces off and flies around and wrecks shit. Then I'll be able to stop reading, knowing I've reached maximum contentedness. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26742 on: June 15, 2011, 07:04:41 pm »

As per the usual for the last few updates, Doc Scratch is being hilarious.

I approve of this, now let's look at the top ba- D'awww, it's Dave and Ja- OH DAVE LOOK OUT D:
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26743 on: June 15, 2011, 07:08:15 pm »

There's no reason to feel "roped into it" or justify it, dudebro.  I don't ship much, either, and usually when I do it's for trolling purposes (example: Hetalia fandom).

I'm just saying that it makes me happy to see dudes unironically shipping.  It's a good day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26744 on: June 15, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »

In which case, the critical question is, does that clock have any effect of the timeline?  Or is it just a marker, which destroying would do nothing?

I honestly can't see why it would. It's probably just an observer, with no effect on whether or not a god tier revives. After all, why would Scratch have an object that influences that in his apartment?

I'm actually really happy about this.  Carry on, ladies and gents!

Yeah, this comic has an odd tendency to make shippers out of people who normally don't care about that at all. I'm normally not interested in ships, then Act 5 Act 2 started up, and John and Vriska began interacting. I began to ship them, and never looked back. You really don't expect a comic about a bunch of 13 year old kids and aliens to turn you into a shipper.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 ... 3524