Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1784 1785 [1786] 1787 1788 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4796340 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: it's 6/12 everybody put their horns and hOnKs on
« Reply #26775 on: June 15, 2011, 09:37:35 pm »

...once again, Hussie sets about trolling his readership as hard as possible. Come on, man. At least give me some closure! You're killing me with how long you've been killing Vriska!

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26776 on: June 15, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »

And this is where I offend everyone by pulling out the rednecks seadwellers image again.
The only offensive thing you did here was not actually pulling up that pichur a' dems sea dwwellin folk.
Spoiler: Shame on you. (click to show/hide)
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26777 on: June 15, 2011, 10:15:40 pm »

Damn I'm late to the party. I never was a shipper until MSPA though, but now I ship the John polygon; the Johngon if you will.
... -> John < - > Rose < - > Kanaya < - > Vriska < - > John < - ...

There are two stable states in that list, and either is satisfactory!

Related is of course the Karkatosquare;
... - > Karkat < - > Jade < - > Dave < - > Terezi < - > Karkat < - ...

Finally, there is the Solluxtron;
... - > Sollux < - > Aradia < - > Equius < - > Nepeta = > Eridan = > Feferi < - > Sollux < - ...

No love for Gamzee or Tavros though. Tavros had his chance -_-
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26778 on: June 15, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »

I don't understand why anyone with the willpower to grind out a story would write it about someone else's setting, characters, etc. It baffles me.
I think (for some) it has to do with not knowing what to do, or where to start if they're to build everything up from scratch. Having pre-set guidelines helps kickstart the story-writing. According to I don't know how many people, I'm a great writer, but I can't write stories at all unless there's a very specific whatever to it, or if I am inspired for some reason, which is rare.

Exactly.  For me at least, all the times I've tried writing something, explaining the characters and setting and getting the reader to understand who these people are and what's going on is the hardest part, because you're starting from scratch.  People write fanfic for the same reason most fiction is set in either a nonspecific pastiche of "the present day", or clearly defined points in history.  You don't have to explain anything to the reader, so you can just jump straight into the character interaction and plots.  It's an easy crutch, easy enough that it necessarily attracts the unskilled and uncreative, but there's nothing inherently wrong with writing about someone else's fictional characters anymore than writing fiction about real people and history.

I also have a confession to make, that I've had these tabs to the Homestuck fanfic archive open for several weeks, because I can't stomach the idea of bookmarking this stuff, but I didn't want to lose track of them either because they're really good.  In the spirit of the update, this guy has some very intriguing and intellectual explorations of Dave and Jade as characters, individually and with others.  I enjoyed reading them; those two especially have a lot of mind bending character analysis and perspectives floating around.

Hot damn that guy is good. I am not comfortable with the level of emotion Homestuck and related fanfic are capable of invoking. When the fuck did I give Hussie permission to ply my soul like it was the strings to his stupid hillbilly banjo?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26779 on: June 15, 2011, 10:32:20 pm »

Damn I'm late to the party. I never was a shipper until MSPA though, but now I ship the John polygon; the Johngon if you will.
... -> John < - > Rose < - > Kanaya < - > Vriska < - > John < - ...

There are two stable states in that list, and either is satisfactory!

Related is of course the Karkatosquare;
... - > Karkat < - > Jade < - > Dave < - > Terezi < - > Karkat < - ...

Finally, there is the Solluxtron;
... - > Sollux < - > Aradia < - > Equius < - > Nepeta = > Eridan = > Feferi < - > Sollux < - ...

No love for Gamzee or Tavros though. Tavros had his chance -_-
You make it seem so easy. The issue is that it's not <=> or =>, it's four quadrants, divided into reciprocated and unreciprocated. For the trolls, that is, though the kids definitely have more than one quadrant. In addition, many of those relationships can and do coexist.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26780 on: June 15, 2011, 10:58:58 pm »

Looking forward to art on this update.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26781 on: June 16, 2011, 01:05:24 am »

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26782 on: June 16, 2011, 01:14:46 am »

I'm pretty sure Vriska can't be dead because somebody quoted her and made me realize she basically said getting stabbed like a sucker can't kill a god.  And I ship VriskaxJohn because they're cute together, but JohnXRose is my favored one.

I kinda want to write an alternate timeline fanfic.  Mostly so I can have adult Terezi making out with Adult Karkat and Vriska, after tracking them down through space.  Plus, as an alternate timeline, I get to kill everybody, and I do so love tragic death.  If Vriska's actually dead, I'll be simultaneously impressed, happy, and sad.  I'm generally against fanfic, but the alternate timeline thing gives me a lot of leeway without feeling like I'm hijacking somebody else's story.  Plus, I don't write enough and it could be a fun little exercise.

Now then, I'm gonna contemplate LxLight kismesis for awhile.  I wish I'd known romantic hate could be a thing back when I watched it, so I didn't have to laugh at the hinted romantic love between them.

Gamzee is Karkat's Kismesis.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26783 on: June 16, 2011, 01:32:26 am »

haha, I just realized the pun here.

Spades slick got...
Doc Blocked

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26784 on: June 16, 2011, 05:26:44 am »

That was horrible, Heli.

Both horrible and awesome.

Also, I am disappoint with the ship wars here. I was hoping for more action, loaded cannons, boarding, keelhauling, ships sinking, men crying!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26785 on: June 16, 2011, 08:58:22 am »

Pfffffft

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26786 on: June 16, 2011, 09:09:56 am »

I read almost no HS fanfiction. Canon changes to quickly for the fanfics I'd want to read to be writeable until it's all over and everything is known. Also they tend to be TL;DR.
Also, I do read a lot of forum adventures to, and Andrew updates rather often, meaning I don't have to in order to get my HS fix. That might be the biggest factor actually.

I have been reading quite a bit of MLP fanfics lately thou, especially about the royal sisters. Luna <> Celestia OTP
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26787 on: June 16, 2011, 09:20:12 am »

I verily dislike the noir appearing of the top-part of the comic :o

Such intense.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26788 on: June 16, 2011, 12:04:06 pm »

Also, I am disappoint with the ship wars here. I was hoping for more action, loaded cannons, boarding, keelhauling, ships sinking, men crying!
You know what? as long as I get to see two thirteen-year-olds making out at the end of the day, I am satiated.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26789 on: June 16, 2011, 12:48:42 pm »

You know what? as long as I get to see two thirteen-year-olds making out at the end of the day, I am satiated.
Preach it, brother.
Pages: 1 ... 1784 1785 [1786] 1787 1788 ... 3524