Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1976 1977 [1978] 1979 1980 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4798140 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: hiatus marches on, Hussie still unshaven
« Reply #29657 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:59 am »

Might as well post all these again.

Dude, that's awesome!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: hiatus marches on, Hussie has a fullbeard by now
« Reply #29658 on: September 21, 2011, 09:17:20 am »

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29659 on: September 21, 2011, 06:23:09 pm »

In which I realize my mancrush for Michael Guy Bowman.
The end was the best part, especially with the siren in the background.
You can't say one part was the best. ...Actually, there was one best part-- the best part started one minute in and ended about one and a half minutes later.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29660 on: September 21, 2011, 06:42:45 pm »

nvm

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29661 on: September 21, 2011, 07:02:58 pm »

I'm kinda half-hoping that some of the flash consists of troll remixes of pop music.  You know, stuff like "stop in the name of hate/before you break a spade"

Stuff like that.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29662 on: September 21, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »

I'm kinda half-hoping that some of the flash consists of troll remixes of pop music.  You know, stuff like "stop in the name of hate/before you break a spade"

Stuff like that.

ARGH, I can't unhear it!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29663 on: September 21, 2011, 08:37:57 pm »

Stuff like that.

That's pretty good.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29664 on: September 21, 2011, 09:13:35 pm »

You know, I'm trying to figure out who Karkat Vantas reminds me of. He seems reminiscent of a character I've seen somewhere else, but I can't figure out where (well, not entirely at any rate, he's definitely similar in temperment to Ignignokt and to Invader Zim, but he reminds me of someone else too and I can't figure out who. Any thoughts?)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: hiatus marches on, Hussie still unshaven
« Reply #29665 on: September 21, 2011, 11:40:43 pm »

Hmm, screw it, I suggest that any game company that wants to make an MSPA fighting game for console talk to AH about it and show him this post, I recommend to AH to make the game as long as AH is in charge of the story aspect and whether or not it's canon or just for fun$.

If AH does it on his own with market-structured help (the 'help' being that no one should try stopping him somehow [looking at console makers]) that would be awesome.

What do you mean by proper fangame? Because Dave: Accelerate is finished and pretty fun, even if it's basically alternate-Dave killing imps.

Other than that, admittedly, I don't think I've come across anything finished or quite playable.

It would be funny if the fighting game turns out to be really good and all of a sudden console gamers are all about Homestuck.

EDIT: Then they can be better then me at Homestuck on their consoles every time we play. It would be cool if you could plug your own sound effects into this theoretical Homestuck console game, which I assume is probably possible on console somehow hopefully without buying another extension or other non-standard component thing that costs money since it would likely be less profitable that way as compared to having it be software based.

I've been away from consoles for a long time. I have to ask, are you are able to scan and place a cd-R of appropriate sound effects to your taste into storage on a console music system currently? Can these still be added to game soundtracks like GTA  used to do on the console or did the RIAA spend enough to keep that down too?

If a game was released that required user input for sound effects, wouldn't an MSPA fighting game be a way to innovate since there is no sound in the comic anyhow? You could have each character's hit and punch sound be your own choice for example; with perhaps a nice background selection to choose from, so if you want John's punch to sound like a punch it's that way normally.

If you want John's B Punch to be the sound of nasty bowel movements, then put your cd in , navigate a few menus with your clunky joystick, and copy and drop that sound into where the default Sound/johnpunchb.mp3 or equivalent in your shiny xbox in-game menu which probably does it for you.

I fear I'm opening a Pandora's box here though where sounds are not included with the game but are an optional not-free download.

That would not work, so I'm thinking optional sound packs. In a perfect world they are free and varied but in ours they could be cheap and varied and sometimes free.

EDIT:

Perhaps a game based on a comic would be the ONLY type of game this idea would work with, where all the sound material is supplied by the player with perhaps a default for those who don't edit sound.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:27:00 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29666 on: September 22, 2011, 11:57:54 pm »

Who wants to bet that Jack Noir (the overpowered one from the human session) and Lord English turn out to be the same guy?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29667 on: September 23, 2011, 12:00:08 am »

Who wants to bet that Jack Noir (the overpowered one from the human session) and Lord English turn out to be the same guy?

Nah.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29668 on: September 23, 2011, 12:10:55 am »

Jack Noir doesn't have pool ball eyes and can't fit in the coat.

It's not the first time this theory's been proposed, but it fell out of fashion after it was revealed the demon that was chopping up the trolls' session was Jack Noir from the kids', whereas before it was assumed that them and Lord English were the same person.

At this point, for one reason or another, it seems unlikely.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29669 on: September 23, 2011, 12:20:49 am »

I did another SBAHJ fan page, just because.
Spoiler: BEHOLD (click to show/hide)
I'm so, so sorry.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 1976 1977 [1978] 1979 1980 ... 3524