Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4797869 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: hiatus marches on, Hussie has a fullbeard by now
« Reply #29670 on: September 23, 2011, 12:25:04 am »

Someone should make a SBAHJ-ified Bay 12 page or twenty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29671 on: September 23, 2011, 12:29:45 am »

Do you mean like just turning the page into Comic Sans and JPEGing it up or do you mean illustrating the events, SBAHJ style?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29672 on: September 23, 2011, 12:38:34 am »

Who wants to bet that Jack Noir (the overpowered one from the human session) and Lord English turn out to be the same guy?

Jack Noir doesn't have pool ball eyes and can't fit in the coat.

It's not the first time this theory's been proposed, but it fell out of fashion after it was revealed the demon that was chopping up the trolls' session was Jack Noir from the kids', whereas before it was assumed that them and Lord English were the same person.

That's actually part of the reason why I think its Jack from the kids session. It seems somehow fitting that he should be embroiled in a brutal gang war against his own dopplegangar (remember the intermission?), and it would explain why Doc Scratch is meddling in the kids' session when he made it clear that he did not actually need their help to let his master into the Trolls' universe, which implies that he could be manipulating them to some other end, such as creating his master, or what will become his master after some further transformation, in the first place (and while there was a subtle implication in the same conversation with Doc Scratch that Jack and Lord English are not the same person, Doc also made it clear that it should never be assumed that he's implying something, and I choose to believe that the implied non-identification of Jack Noir with Lord English is going to be something like the bit in Star Wars where Obi Wan says that Darth Vader killed Luke's father but then in the next installment it turns out that he was using an obtuse metaphor for the change in Anakin/Vader's personality.)

Also, at one point Jack is depicted as wondering how he will pass the time after he has destroyed his home universe; Destroying other universes seems like an obvious solution for one who has (well, may have) both the power and the inclination to do so.

As for fitting into the coat, that could be corrected either by some further metamorphosis or by simply commandeering the bunny's enlarger beam eye.

Also, like the Felt gang, he is associated with the color green.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29673 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:38 am »

Do you mean like just turning the page into Comic Sans and JPEGing it up or do you mean illustrating the events, SBAHJ style?

I warned you about magma bro?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29674 on: September 23, 2011, 12:46:16 am »

Wait, nevermind! I just realized that apparently Doc Scratch is still alive after overpowered jack enters the trolls' universe, as evidenced by Alternian Jack's vain attempt to beat him senseless with a horse-hitcher at a point apparently after the midnight crew intermission, which apparently takes place years after the Trolls play their session and the other jack enters their universe (though we can't be 100% sure of that, what with all of this screwing around with time). Since Doc Scratch is still alive when Jack enters, that implies that Lord English's entry point is further in the future and thus Jack probably can't be Lord English (barring some other technicality that cancels the one that I just realized and related here).
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29675 on: September 23, 2011, 01:02:07 am »

Hey does the interactive bit in the castle after Rose goes grimdark remind anybody else of Dwarf Fortress adventure mode, like after you've played at a particular location for a while and are ready to move on...

(in case its not obvious, the implication is that in DF advanture mode you leave castles in much the same condition that Jack Noir has)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:07:36 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29676 on: September 23, 2011, 03:36:10 am »

Holy crap the progress bar has updated.

It's at 40% now!!!

It's practically flying at this rate.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29677 on: September 23, 2011, 05:08:11 am »

Wait, nevermind! I just realized that apparently Doc Scratch is still alive after overpowered jack enters the trolls' universe, as evidenced by Alternian Jack's vain attempt to beat him senseless with a horse-hitcher at a point apparently after the midnight crew intermission, which apparently takes place years after the Trolls play their session and the other jack enters their universe.

Different timelines bro. The troll home universe is separate from the troll Sgrub session, with entering players and Skaian defense portals forming the only brief windows between the two. Lord English will be summoned to the troll home universe when it ends, presumably due to troll!Slick killing Snowman. It's all a tangled mess.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29678 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:21 pm »

I think the Incipisphere is still part of the universe, it is just sorta partitioned differently. It is the reproductive organ of the god-frog after all. Still part of the universe it comes from.

The Cancer has moved up from child to parents to kill the child in the womb. Doc Scratch is currently festering in the brain while the Cancer fucks up the fetus down below.

And now I realize there is likely a horrific abortion fanfic out there detailing exactly this.

Spoiler: Ahahahah oh my god (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:04:58 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck: It's at 40% now!!!
« Reply #29679 on: September 23, 2011, 07:50:29 pm »

Hey, if I start reading Problem Sleuth will that erase my Homestuck save?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29680 on: September 23, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »

Your save will only be deleted if you make a new save or if you delete your cookies.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29681 on: September 23, 2011, 08:10:52 pm »

Hey, if I start reading Problem Sleuth will that erase my Homestuck save?
I highly doubt that as they are two completely different comics. As in, the urls show them as different things, much in the same way that Youtube videos do (/watch?v=______, MSPA is /?s=*&p=PPPPPP, where * is the advenutre and PPPPPP is the page number of that adventure). Also the saves are different urls entirely, as are the saves due to this number thing.
Even without all this technical justification, I'd say yes. If you're not sure, open them both up, save in PS, got to HS and load it, then go to PS and load that and see if they can coexist peacefully.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29682 on: September 23, 2011, 10:31:47 pm »

Thanks.

(Though since I finished getting up to date with Homestuck a couple of hours after I posted that I suppose its immaterial now, but still, thanks)

BTW, speaking of the other MSPA comics, I just realized, I don't think that there have been any public urination jokes yet in Homestuck!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29683 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:05 pm »

There was the apple juice debacle, but aside from that there are no golden showers to be had.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29684 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:55 pm »

Oh right! I completely forgot about that!
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 1977 1978 [1979] 1980 1981 ... 3524