Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4796132 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49620 on: July 27, 2014, 12:09:44 pm »

He could still target planeswalkers, which are the other players. If you write "nonland noncreature nonplaneswalker permanent", that's the long way of saying "enchantment or artifact". Does he seem like the kind to filch precious gems or absorb magic?
Sorry, but I think that low power creatures is more accurate than enchantments and artifacts.

Edit: for anyone who wants to fill the extra slots or who is hoping one of the pre-ins will drop out, I have a game up now.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141348.msg5516752#msg5516752
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:07:41 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49621 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:07 pm »

So I've been looking over some old pages of this thread and found when Vriska ascended.

The reactions are amusing to read, but in a nutshell: "What? Fairy?! Bright colors! Wings! Butterfly spider?! What is this!? Is she a troll goth now?"
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49622 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:48 pm »

Thanks for that, I like seeing the old reactions in this thread too...
There's an art dump here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39579.msg1826537#msg1826537

It has some fun godtier vriska fanart, and also that disturbing "KILL ME" fan-edit where the blood is all human-red.
My favorite is the last image of the first part though, which looks like prankster-mode Vriska.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: 4/13
« Reply #49623 on: August 01, 2014, 12:01:13 am »

OH YEAH.

Gies; remember how Spades Slick saw the Troll in the little Sburb screen thing?

Spades Slick is the Troll's universe version of Jack Noir!

Ergo, Sn0wman would be the Troll's universe version of the Black Queen, since we can be fairly sure that Windswept Questant is the White Queen in the kid's universe.

It all makes sense now; the Intermission took place in the aftermath of the Troll's universe; remember how the inhabitants of the various planets end up on 'earth' after the armageddon? Yeah.

the fuck

I mean it was confirmed like a few hours later but wow
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:03:05 am by Putnam »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49624 on: August 01, 2014, 12:04:01 am »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:35:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49625 on: August 03, 2014, 08:32:23 pm »

I found something that can be talked about.

A few months ago, a prototype of Homestuck song by Clark 'Plazmataz' Powell was teased. I am 97% sure that he is an official Homestuck musician. (Looking around, he made the original Flare, the song the was modified for the second section of Cascade.)

Enough screwing around, Project Latitute (sic)

Judging from the phrasing around it, I'm willing to say the final version will end up in the Gigaupdate. It's supposed to be for a specific character. There are no motifs in it I can recognize. The more I think about it, the more it seems that it could work for any character. My guess is it will be used either for when someone snaps or when someone takes control of the situation. (Takes control, as in Cascade-esq Jade, but could be good or bad.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:34:03 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49626 on: August 03, 2014, 09:41:06 pm »

I found something that can be talked about.

A few months ago, a prototype of Homestuck song by Clark 'Plazmataz' Powell was teased. I am 97% sure that he is an official Homestuck musician. (Looking around, he made the original Flare, the song the was modified for the second section of Cascade.)

Enough screwing around, Project Latitute (sic)

Judging from the phrasing around it, I'm willing to say the final version will end up in the Gigaupdate. It's supposed to be for a specific character. There are no motifs in it I can recognize. The more I think about it, the more it seems that it could work for any character. My guess is it will be used either for when someone snaps or when someone takes control of the situation. (Takes control, as in Cascade-esq Jade, but could be good or bad.)
It could be Mituna regaining his psychic ability, the song is awfully techno, and broken sounding(like Mituna's mind); and heavily synthesized music is usually for those psychic characters(aradia, sollux, psiioniic). And his adult self had the psychic strength to push a ship at FTL speeds.

Or I could be horribly wrong.
It could just be Jack

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49627 on: August 03, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »

It doesn't seem like it would fit Jack.

Also, remember that Gold Pilot, a song literally made for the Psiioniic, was used in a flash that mainly had Grimbark!Jade.

We're better off making a list of character it likely won't be, as opposed to who it could be, as that list is most likely shorter.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49628 on: August 03, 2014, 09:55:26 pm »

It doesn't seem like it would fit Jack.

Also, remember that Gold Pilot, a song literally made for the Psiioniic, was used in a flash that mainly had Grimbark!Jade.

We're better off making a list of character it likely won't be, as opposed to who it could be, as that list is most likely shorter.
I think it was used for Jade more because of Caliborn's Special Stardust incident. The song sounds glitchy enough as it is.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49629 on: August 03, 2014, 10:33:39 pm »

My guess is Jade.  It's like her techno-islandy music, mixed with the electronic buzzes associated with psionics.  Which works, since she's under psionic compulsion and all.

Also some of the notes sound kinda like barks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49630 on: August 03, 2014, 11:52:29 pm »

Plazmataz also has an entire album on homestuck.bandcamp.com, one of the songs of which was used in the Myststuck Jane walkaround...

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49631 on: August 04, 2014, 10:38:14 am »

That's what I get for never paying attention to author names. I love the medium album.

In fact, 0:31 and 2:29 remind me of Medium.

Listening to some songs on the album agian. Project Latitute sounds a lot like Frost. Call me crazy, but I feel like Latitute might be a remix of Frost.

So Latitute is a Jade song.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49632 on: August 09, 2014, 11:16:43 am »

Sorry for double post.

Can we do a very-obvious-things-that-we-missed discussion?

I, somehow, in all the times of watching WV?: Rise up, and all the other times that pre-bec Jack is seen, failed to notice how Jack had taken the Black King's crown after killing him.

This changes my entire perspective on the Jack thing. I always thought it was odd with how the Black King is supposed to be the final boss, yet there was no Black King. I failed to realized that Jack had Usurped the role as the final boss.

Now, lets apply this thing I missed to the current situation. If the B2 session is "fertilized" with the B1 Battlefield, then that means Jack will be the final boss again. Unless I am mistaken, the final boss being killed is the requirement for Skaia to become the pond for the Genesis Frog. (Crap, I forgot what it's name actually is.) However, if carapacian, say WV, kills Jack and takes his ring, does that mean that WV has usurped the role of final boss and the Black King? Does that mean that WV would have to be killed if he obtained the ring by murdering Jack?

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49633 on: August 14, 2014, 08:32:45 pm »

I read along with this thread when I first read Homestuck, so...
I didn't miss much.

I found a news story about some Homestucks in San Diego. They interview a Gamzee cosplayer.
The last line of the article really cracks me up. That's supposed to be scary sound! haha
http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/blog-1622-meet-the-san-diegostucks-subculture.html

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49634 on: August 15, 2014, 02:12:00 am »

The latest paradox space is pretty good.
Pages: 1 ... 3307 3308 [3309] 3310 3311 ... 3524