Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3308 3309 [3310] 3311 3312 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4797566 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49635 on: August 15, 2014, 10:43:29 am »

And it's been 10 months of no updates.

We all need some help.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49636 on: August 23, 2014, 09:47:38 pm »

Any ETA on when this damn comic plans to update?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49637 on: August 23, 2014, 09:56:05 pm »

He is probably done writing the update and may or may not be drawing right now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49638 on: August 23, 2014, 09:56:21 pm »

I bet it'll update on 4/13.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49639 on: August 23, 2014, 11:13:53 pm »

In the grimdark future of the 41st millennium, there's updoot.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49640 on: September 07, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »

y'know, I was thinking, were there ever any good homestuck fanfics?

Like I know the few that never update anymore, like Conquest, Not what we planned on, Cities in Dust, and Be the Sea-Dweller Lowblood, but I was surprised to there weren't many past those.

Anybody know anything else good?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49641 on: September 07, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »

Good fanfics?

"John and Rose: Be Diplomats"
warning for pretty nsfw but kind of not really?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49642 on: September 07, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »

y'know, I was thinking, were there ever any good homestuck fanfics?

Like I know the few that never update anymore, like Conquest, Not what we planned on, Cities in Dust, and Be the Sea-Dweller Lowblood, but I was surprised to there weren't many past those.

Anybody know anything else good?

One's I have enjoyed are Nightfall (Post-sburb, major focus on John and Vriska), and Hexane (Custom universe only marginally connected to Homestuck.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:23:30 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49643 on: September 07, 2014, 06:25:43 pm »

I wrote The Felt way back when, that seemed to get pretty good reviews, though I bet I'd cringe at it if I read it now. Also Heir Transcendant, which some guy made an audio recording of.

Herding Cats was one of the best (And longest) ones out there last I checked.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49644 on: September 07, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »

See and this shit has got me thinking about headcannons, especially accents;

Yknow I read a fanfic waaay back that sort of dealt with the accents of the four main kids, and I always thought it was really well written. Especially so, considering it covered the fact that four best friends who had never met in person suddenly could hear each other.

Like the idea that Dave just has this long southern drawl so opposed to the voice most people would think he would have is just really interesting.

anyway, Nightfall looks pretty good, I'll read through it.

Derm, Heir transcendent was really interesting! But it was pretty short, did you ever think of writing again?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49645 on: September 07, 2014, 07:41:24 pm »

I write elsewhere for different things now, and only occassionally.

Like for instance, I've been trying to continue writing this one thing, and I could easily do it right now, but I don't because procrastination.

Irony is trying to make me do a forum game as well :x
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #49646 on: September 07, 2014, 11:26:23 pm »

Like the idea that Dave just has this long southern drawl so opposed to the voice most people would think he would have is just really interesting.
Now I can't not imagine that he sounds like Matthew McConaughey.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also John's voice is and always will be Michael Guy Bowman. You can't prove me wrong.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49647 on: September 07, 2014, 11:48:23 pm »

Now I can't not imagine that he sounds like Matthew McConaughey.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also John's voice is and always will be Michael Guy Bowman. You can't prove me wrong.

Headcannon time:

John is Octopimp/Micheal guy Bowman, whichever one is nerdier. In my experience (I think John lives in Washington) Those northwest don't have that significant of an accent, though I could just be talking out of my ass.

Rose is the "mature" (and later legit mature) voice that tries to stay (and later does so effortlessly) in the "silky shit and such" type of voice. I'm not sure what the accent from that area would be, but I'd like to think Rose is so controlled that she'd have trained an accent out of herself.

Dave is the smooth coolguy, and it can go one of two ways. One is Matthew McConaughey super obnoxious accent, the other being what most people in the urban south experience (the accent is mostly gone, but still there, and especially stands out when you're stressed). Also, Dave is an ironic fan of the Aggies because fuck not loving football.

Jade is the one who would be the most fun to figure out. I always figured that, since Grandpa Harley is hella dead, she would pick up her accent from whichever traders happen to be in the area (ie people who deliver the mail. etc.). So, Jade either gets the slightly southeast asian/australian accent, or the thick argentine accent (the more I think about it, the more I adore Dave trying to decipher why all her y's are j's, stuff like that)

Oh man I need to write something for this

FAKEEDIT: Also I just got this hilarious image of Dave trying to hold an actual conversation with an A&M fan and just failing like

"Nah man I think Kenny Hill's got a great season ahead of him"
"yeah man he passes the ball and shit its fuckin crazy"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49648 on: September 08, 2014, 12:29:57 am »

In my experience (I think John lives in Washington) Those northwest don't have that significant of an accent, though I could just be talking out of my ass.

Basically newscaster accent with a bit of Native American influences, by which I mean we pronounce names around here correctly (orr-ih-gin, not orr-uh-gon, for example)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49649 on: September 08, 2014, 09:16:29 am »

In my experience (I think John lives in Washington) Those northwest don't have that significant of an accent, though I could just be talking out of my ass.

Basically newscaster accent with a bit of Native American influences, by which I mean we pronounce names around here correctly (orr-ih-gin, not orr-uh-gon, for example)

In Georgia when someone says "orr-ih-gin" we respond "get out of my country you god damn liberal communist"
Pages: 1 ... 3308 3309 [3310] 3311 3312 ... 3524