Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3319 3320 [3321] 3322 3323 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4751872 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49800 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »

vriska x john is my otp, obviously, but aradia and damara are the best trolls

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49801 on: October 20, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »

Aradia can go with prettymuch anyone. Except Equius. Never him.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49802 on: October 20, 2014, 10:02:36 pm »

equiusxaradia
equiusxmilk
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49803 on: October 20, 2014, 10:03:36 pm »

Are we sharing favourite characters?

I don't like Tavros, Sollux, Jane and Jake. Everyone else is awesome.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49804 on: October 20, 2014, 11:09:46 pm »

I like the patron saints of Casual Gamers, Programmers, Mediators, Friends, Cosplayers, Power Gamers, Perverts, and Dramatic Posers.
Though the saint of Death really grew on me, her evolution from resigned to cheerful about inevitability was neat.
And the saint of Disney Princesses would be a cool saint of Elder Things if the Rose Human didn't already have that title.  Then again, dream-bubble afterlife is literally the best possible afterlife.

Nepeta would be cool if she was more about the vicious yet playful hunter thing which was originally shown.  The shipping thing was funny but hardly impressive.

Patron Saint of drugs and shitty friendship can go rot.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49805 on: October 21, 2014, 12:02:24 am »

Nepeta was my favorite until she got unceremoniously clubbed to death.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #49806 on: October 21, 2014, 12:13:06 am »

Rose and Sollux are probably my favourite characters.

My liking of the new PXS arc is mostly because I like shenanigans involving all the kids and trolls. Disliking nearly half the trolls hasn't helped my appreciation of most of the stories.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49808 on: October 21, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »

Characters? I'll have to do a list.
  • I'm the sort of guy who, when going to buy shoes, buys the first pair of fitting, practical shoes he tries on, even if pressured into trying another 32 pairs, so I'm liking John the best, I guess. Spending all that weird and silly early-acts time with him made him grow on me immensely.
  • Dave is pretty cool all around and had the most interesting and well-executed development arc. Maybe the best lines, too.
  • I like Spades Slick a lot for his awkward slapstick deadliness and general badassery, and that extents to other Jacks. Sometimes you want nuanced characters with well-constructed, tragic development, and sometimes you want a guy braining somebody with a cast-iron horse hitcher.
  • Karkat had some of the greatest conversations in Homestuck and some more great moments, even though his personal story is leading nowhere and he's managed to slack off a lot for a guy who can stay awake for three weeks straight while staying in control of eleven hormonal killer aliens.
  • Rose is funny and interesting and had great conversations, even if you probably shouldn't combine [SMUGNESS] and [EXPOSITION_DEVICE:VAGUE] in a friendly creature. As an HP Lovecraft admirer I wish her whole trashy Elder Things arc hadn't been kinda totally abandoned, but ok.
  • I guess all the carapaces come here. OR HIGHER.
Spoiler: Also (click to show/hide)

And, ships:
  • Any Jack x Any BQ
  • Celestial bodies x Yo mama

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49809 on: October 21, 2014, 04:17:27 pm »

I did it again. I somehow managed to completely miss another good song in the Homestuck albums.

Okay, this should probably be expected, since I haven't really listened to the entirety of all the albums, I just sort of scatter-pick over time.

I had never really listened to Cobalt Corsair in its entirety before.

Anyway, that brings up another sad thing about Homestuck and its music. There are so many good songs that could work rather well for flashes, but will likely never be used in the comic, even if they are really good. Stuff like Snow Pollen, Gaia Queen, Super Ego, Made of Time, Stress, Red Disc, The Vast Glub, Another Chance, and Cobalt Corsair. Even songs that are used often don't have their entirety used and will likely not have the missing parts used because other parts were used before. A notable example of this is Eternity Served Cold, though the first second of the later part of the song does appear in the end of the flash in a oddly fitting way.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49810 on: October 21, 2014, 04:51:59 pm »

I still think that Time Paradox really really really fits a flash. Not necessarily because of quality, but it has pacing and content (all sorts of character motifs in there) like it would be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49811 on: October 21, 2014, 06:55:55 pm »

I have 317 Homestuck songs saved to an MP3 player I carry with me at school. There are but a few songs I consistently linger on (of which don't have flashes associated):

Pilot Light (ColoUrs and Mayhem: Universe B)
Terraform (Volume 8)
Noirscape (Volume 9)
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49812 on: October 22, 2014, 10:40:20 pm »

Welp, the music discussion has died, back to favorite character stuff.

As for the kids, I like the beta kids rather equally, with the exception of Rose. The odd thing about Rose is I don't dislike her, I'm just sort of positive-neutral leaning. Even stranger, I don't know why this is either.

As for the trolls, indifferent on most. I hated Vriska during the comic, but over the pauses came to appreciate her character. As for others: Karkat is great, who hates Karkat? For some reason, I never really came to like Terezi that much, similar situation Rose. Side note: The reason no one hates Aradia is because there's never been a reason to. She started out neutral, with some sympathetic history revealed. Then she was revived and viewed entirely in a positive light.

The only alpha kid that I liked was Roxy. I started not really liking any of them, and only that chat before their ascension made me think about and start liking Roxy.

The Beforus trolls, exception to Meenah and Aranea, can go screw themselves.

Spoiler: The Truly Feared (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:46:24 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49813 on: October 22, 2014, 10:52:09 pm »

Rose was easily my favourite character of the beta kids, although they were all pretty good. Lovacraftian grimdarkness plus the best snark? Hell yes.

Vriska was my favourite troll[Don't hit me]. I rather liked the later parts of the her character arc and thought her death[And the events leading directly up to it] was one of the better parts of the comic. Not sure how I feel about her after her death. Most of the others are neat, although KrabbKrabb and Sollux were sort of obnoxious at times. Tavros and Eridan were sort of pathetic and hit some kind of discordant hate chord for me. Although Eridan redeemed himself with awesome wandmurder.

I REALLY don't like Jane and Jake, for reasons similar to my dislike of Tavros. Dirk and Roxy are cool.

Pre-Scratch trolls? Meenah and Aranea are both good. Latula was interesting and, if any of the Beforus trolls get a character arc, I think it should be her. Kankri... I have to admire someone who can say so much in one breath while, in fact, saying nothing. He's basically my hero.

Caliborn is hilarious, although Callioppe is just too meta for my taste.

Although I am almost certain none of these characters come CLOSE to my abiding love for THE MAYO[R]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49814 on: October 23, 2014, 10:22:18 pm »

The thing is, Vriska is a different kind of hate. It's not the irrational hate the accommodates most hateable characters. She's a very well constructed character designed to make you hate her, but also see through the hate at the same time and, to an extent, care. If Vriska were to suddenly show up in the B2 universe, the reaction wouldn't be, "Oh god, not her again," it would be a postive, "Holy shit, Vriska's here," regardless of the reader's perspective on her.

Should be noted that Vriska is the only well constructed hate in the comic that I can think of. An example of the opposite would be Gamzee. Gamzee is a poorly constructed irrational hate. His character was never meant to be anything "deep", just parody. When he went murderous-antagonist, people were shocked, then hateful. There is no proper motive to his hateable actions. That's why Gamzee gets the reaction, "Oh god, not him again," and "Down with the clown!"
Pages: 1 ... 3319 3320 [3321] 3322 3323 ... 3524