Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3333 3334 [3335] 3336 3337 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4799083 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50010 on: October 29, 2014, 03:05:40 pm »

It would be extra ironic if the LE had a part of Jake English, too.

It'd explain the name, the eyes, the gun focus, and the beams of overwhelming all-destroying hax.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50011 on: October 29, 2014, 03:08:43 pm »

Someone in this thread commented on how it wasn't fair that the mind-controlled kids' deaths were considered Just, because they couldn't control themselves. But if it didn't work that way, you could essentially make someone fully immortal by just mind-controlling them. If their actions aren't their own, they can't be judged as Heroic or Just and they would become invincible.
I don't think that would be the case if they consented to it though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50013 on: October 30, 2014, 03:33:55 pm »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50014 on: October 30, 2014, 03:34:01 pm »

._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50015 on: October 30, 2014, 03:34:46 pm »

Well, I guess they decided in-house would be better.

Also, this is useful.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50016 on: October 30, 2014, 03:47:36 pm »

So this a thing. I'm pretty sure it's real, because it's on MSPA itself.
What happened to the previous studio that started developing this game?!
No one is quite sure. There are two good points that I've heard:

1) They recently released a game, headed by a well-known author, that was buggy and received poor reviews.
2) They've been chosen to reboot the Kings Quest series. Chances are they were getting too much to handle.

Another reason that I've just thought of is this: The shift to episodic games. Eight games total if this doesn't crash and burn. That's a lot of games.

Also, unrelated to the developers, four episodes per game, with two games, seems a bit too much. How long are these episodes going to be? Pricing? Time apart from each other with releases? The more episodes a game is split into, the more problems there are.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:50:14 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50017 on: October 30, 2014, 04:16:04 pm »

Also, unrelated to the developers, four episodes per game, with two games, seems a bit too much. How long are these episodes going to be? Pricing? Time apart from each other with releases? The more episodes a game is split into, the more problems there are.

Is that why Valve hasn't released Half-Life 2: Episode 3?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50018 on: October 30, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »

And they never will. It's Half-Life 3 now.

Meanwhile, the comparison isn't a very good one to make. Better would be the Walking Dead adventure game, which has had two five-episode games pretty damn successfully.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50019 on: October 30, 2014, 06:01:06 pm »

News post.
Quote from: Andrew Hussie
Adventure Game Update

I am letting this one be viewable to the general public. (It will also be posted to the backer page of the Kickstarter.)

Homestuck continues this Saturday, with A6A6A4 posted in its entirety, resuming with the true focus of Homestuck, Caliborn's incredible journey as an artist. Then A6A6I4 starts on Monday, and will continue in a semi-regular manner thereafter, until it is done. I will find some horse calendar pages and illustrate the schedule for your convenience. You are, as always, welcome.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:19:50 pm by Mageziya »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50020 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:48 pm »

That "concept" art is beautiful.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50021 on: October 30, 2014, 08:20:58 pm »

Agreed.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50022 on: October 31, 2014, 04:14:42 am »

That Escher style ladder is pretty great.
._.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50023 on: October 31, 2014, 05:49:29 am »

The art style reminds me of old point and click adventures games, and that is wonderful.

Also, I wonder what the Troll Daedric inscriptions in one of the pictures say.
Most of them are too small and indecipherable, but from what I can see, the signs above the railway station platform say "NORTH", the kiosk sign begins with "PER-" and the sign above the map of the railway lines is almost completely unreadable. The first letter appears to be "I", though.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50024 on: October 31, 2014, 04:35:42 pm »

I just remembered.

What happened to GCat? It was being chased by the dogs, then.... just disappeared?  The dogs at some point stopped chasing it and went to Jade's questbed. I know it's a first guardian, but it just disappeared without mention.

Where is that cat?
Pages: 1 ... 3333 3334 [3335] 3336 3337 ... 3524