Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3336 3337 [3338] 3339 3340 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4804841 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50055 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50056 on: November 05, 2014, 12:45:18 am »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #50057 on: November 05, 2014, 03:43:36 am »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50059 on: November 05, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »

Now he IS the sweet bro.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50060 on: November 05, 2014, 02:08:37 pm »

Might be what the conversation will have a bit of.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50062 on: November 05, 2014, 02:45:17 pm »

Dirk, stop with the self-centered whining.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50063 on: November 05, 2014, 03:06:19 pm »

He'd said on Formspring earlier that Lord English has rapidly cycling billiard ball eyes. His first direct appearance focused on them entirely, in fact.
No, I mean, there was a moment muuuch later when Cal did have the billiard eyes. And then Jack Noir had billiard eyes and superpowers. Also a gold peg.

How much damage could Eridan cause to the Bec Noir?
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50064 on: November 05, 2014, 03:51:59 pm »

How much damage could Eridan cause to the Bec Noir?
Probably not enough.
I mean, comparing the trolls, we know from reports of the BK fight that Gamzee and Vriska were the most powerful in combat, and from Terezi's mind-future-seeing and Doc Scratch's narration we know that Vriska had a decent chance against Bec Noir. Gamzee would probably do better.
Eridan though, unlikely. He'd just stand still to make a confrontation and get suckerstabbed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50065 on: November 05, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »

Okay, I could have sworn someone (Vriska?) said that all the Alternian trolls achieved all the levels.  But I can't find any reference to that, only that she did.  And apparently Aradia did.

Assuming they *did* gain all the levels, Tavros ought to be the second most powerful, as a Page.  But Tavros is only slightly more relevant than Nepeta so far so I guess that'll have to wait.  (Yeah I'm bitter, I think both of those characters had more potential both plot and power wise.  I particularly hate that Nepeta is just a cute shipper and foil for Equius.  The cute thing was a stark contrast to her vicious bloodthirst!  Like a cat!).

Anyway, my point is that Eridan is probably the second or third most powerful troll.  First off, his blood is above even Gamzee's - and with tealblood Terezi surviving her impalement, it's reasonable to assume that toughness scales with blood quality.  Secondly, he wield's Ahab's Crosshairs, one of the uber weapons worth of the bunny.  Thirdly, he spent most of the session combating *angels* *alone*.  Enemies tough enough to sustain "a minute of sustained fire" from his legendary rifle.  That heavily implies actual combat skill.  He's probably behind Vriska, and he might be behind Royal Princess Feferi, and *MAYBE* Enraged Gamzee could take him in a single hit.  But I think he's more likely the second-best all-around fighter in the group, after Vriska.

It's just that Eridan and Tavros are easy targets for fandom jokes.  I hope Bladekindeyewear is right about Tavros coming back in Captain Hook mode to set some things straight.
And in Octopimp's defense (he does really good voices and also): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-d0x5IUgvg

Edit: Given how closely matched Vriska and Bec Noir seemed to be, I'm not sure why they weren't able to fight Bec Noir at the Reward.  Maybe the Aradiabots were wrong/bound by fate to throw everyone into the teleporter.  Maybe the group was too drained by the final boss fight, and later were just overwhelmed with defeatism.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:59:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50066 on: November 05, 2014, 08:19:37 pm »

Assuming they *did* gain all the levels, Tavros ought to be the second most powerful, as a Page.  But Tavros is only slightly more relevant than Nepeta so far so I guess that'll have to wait.  (Yeah I'm bitter, I think both of those characters had more potential both plot and power wise.  I particularly hate that Nepeta is just a cute shipper and foil for Equius.  The cute thing was a stark contrast to her vicious bloodthirst!  Like a cat!).

They gained all the basic levels.  Only Vriska touched the God Tier ones, and even then, probably hasn't gotten far up it, as she only steals luck, when light also includes knowledge.

Edit: Given how closely matched Vriska and Bec Noir seemed to be, I'm not sure why they weren't able to fight Bec Noir at the Reward.  Maybe the Aradiabots were wrong/bound by fate to throw everyone into the teleporter.  Maybe the group was too drained by the final boss fight, and later were just overwhelmed with defeatism.

Vriska had to become uber-powered in order to face Bec, and she may not have been certain that she had enough luck to try to get a double all 8's.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50067 on: November 05, 2014, 09:34:14 pm »

They gained all the basic levels.  Only Vriska touched the God Tier ones, and even then, probably hasn't gotten far up it, as she only steals luck, when light also includes knowledge.
Thanks for confirming that, I was pretty sure I read it somewhere.  It seems weird that Tavros could dodge all his character development by sleeping and yet gain the levels.  Perhaps playing along with the game (doing quests and respecting the denizens) grants more experience than pure combat.

Speaking of, I don't remember Vriska doing any actual fighting except against the Black King.  Several of the other trolls were shown fighting imps, but not her.  Were her combat style (the dice) difficult to depict?  Or did she find an exploit to gain the levels?  Hell, for all we know, she was lying about having gained all the levels before reaching god tier.  We don't know if gaining all the levels is even a requirement, particularly since the Alpha kids were able to ascend (they may have reached max-level offscreen, but it would have been difficult in their situation).

Vriska had to become uber-powered in order to face Bec, and she may not have been certain that she had enough luck to try to get a double all 8's.

Edit: Maybe...  It's possible.  I think the real problem is that nobody would follow her, regardless of what she thought her chances were.  I suspect she was completely confident, but nobody trusted her anymore.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:38:14 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50068 on: November 05, 2014, 09:36:01 pm »

Luck is actually completely useless in the Homestuck universe because nearly everything is predestined[Barring what Aranea did, that is].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50069 on: November 05, 2014, 09:40:14 pm »

Luck is actually completely useless in the Homestuck universe because nearly everything is predestined[Barring what Aranea did, that is].
Sorry, I edited my post before I saw this.  Luck seems to be something Vriska can steal and use.  It's predestined to happen, but it's still a source of power.  It's really more like contrivance than luck.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 3336 3337 [3338] 3339 3340 ... 3524