Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3413 3414 [3415] 3416 3417 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4796587 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51210 on: April 26, 2015, 11:53:52 pm »

So if Arquiusprite has been created just like last time, who's
Spoiler: this guy? (click to show/hide)

There was a picture of him in one of the flashes. This sprite wasn't shown in the flash but it was found in the flash's files.
Aw, that looks cool.  I assume it's AR using crockertech.  Impossible now I guess, unless...  The AR or both could be from a doomed timeline, like Davesprite was.  Dirk's not pictured here, after all (big hal confirmed).
(Heh, I was actually really hoping that Vriska would self-prototype and become part of LE...)

Tavsprite's still not prototyped, I guess.  Seems weird.  On the edge of my seat.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51211 on: April 26, 2015, 11:55:27 pm »

it's a gag

a joke

it has zero significance except to say "DOC SCRATCH HAD AR'S MANNERISMS AND IS ACTUALLY SORTA ROSE'S UNCLE"

also Vriska self-prototyping would ignore the VERY REAL character development she had right before she died in A5A2 that nobody seems to remember

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51212 on: April 27, 2015, 12:19:30 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:46:08 pm by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51213 on: April 27, 2015, 03:32:04 am »

Wait, I'm confused. Was there anything stating why Jane and Jade aren't dead, or is this a new development?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51214 on: April 27, 2015, 03:40:06 am »

it's a gag

a joke

it has zero significance
We thought that about so. many. things.
It almost certainly is true here, though
So, Vriska saved the teenage meteor comedy soap? I like seeing those fictional characters being happy.

Wait, I'm confused. Was there anything stating why Jane and Jade aren't dead, or is this a new development?
Why should they be dead?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51215 on: April 27, 2015, 03:45:07 am »

Jade explicitly said that they weren't dead right near the end of A6A6I4.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51216 on: April 27, 2015, 03:46:24 am »

We thought Jade and Jane were dead when they were hanging out with Calliope (well, I assumed they were).  But then it turned out that Vriska had just put them to sleep.
... I think maybe that happened post-retcon, since Vriska was alive?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51217 on: April 27, 2015, 03:48:49 am »

E: I defer to Putnam's superior Homestuckness

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:50:27 am by Liber celi »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51218 on: April 27, 2015, 03:49:21 am »

It was post-retcon, submeta-narratively.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51219 on: April 27, 2015, 05:16:04 am »

Yeah, I thought Jane got mobbed to death by pissed off kids and trolls, but apparently not.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51220 on: April 27, 2015, 07:51:27 am »

It may just be bacause he grew on me more when they were first introduced, but I kinda preferred Gamzee's brand of fuckery to Vriska's. At least he was consistant and entertaining. There has never been a moment where Vriska has existed and not at least tried to be Mary Sue as fuck. She's almost already the dancestor caricature of herself.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51221 on: April 27, 2015, 08:00:17 am »

To be fair Hussie's idea on writing Vriska is pretty much an Anti-Sue taken down a few notches and made more realistic. (Or not, depending on opinions.)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51222 on: April 27, 2015, 08:42:36 am »

I love Gamzee's fuckery. The moment where he almost casually, with a quiet, affable satisfaction, puts Vriska and Tavros corpses into the same kernelsprite, is one of my favourite moments from the entire comic. It's so magnificiently, bluntly, ironic-hell-like evil. And you need to have read several thousand pages to understand why.
But I still like it a lot when he gets assault-rifle'd for three pages.

Vriska is more complicated but similiar. She is actually far more consistent than Gamzee, who alternatingly acts for the lulz, for his dark masters, out of supposed insanity, because he's a rap clown etc etc. Vriska does what she does because she is that child beating a frying pan with a big metal spoon screaming "Look at me!". She was an insuffferable bitch with special snowflake powers, but it was very consistently potrayed how her behaviour had put her into a pariah position, and how it eventually killed her even though her best friend tried, in the end, very hard to keep her alive. I think Vriska's arc was worth it. The only real problems I have is
1. with how much of the plot she dominated (How much of the troll drama would've happened, could've happened if young Terezi had stabbed Vriska a sweep earlier? Pretty much only Gamzee randomly getting off the juice and into violent murder mode, and the whole Eridan debacle that went nowhere[but removed some useless trolls from the story, so, worth it]) .
2. with how much time and life she sucked out of John. Not that John was ever very proactive, but he could've had some growth on his own(... which he only now sorta got). Instead he got yanked around by a metaphorical leash for all of Act 5. Their logs were still entertaining, but nowhere as good or interesting as Dave and Terezi's.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51223 on: April 27, 2015, 09:01:29 am »

It seems that the update is on time.

And it seems that Homestuck has now entered the "lol skip" phase.

Wait no it's a potato why did I miss that aaargh
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:24:35 am by Sergarr »
._.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51224 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:57 pm »

Updoot

Penis Ouija Confirmed, Motherfuckers!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 3413 3414 [3415] 3416 3417 ... 3524