Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3471 3472 [3473] 3474 3475 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4795637 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52080 on: July 28, 2015, 02:44:20 am »

was there any explanation why the clowns have to be massive dicks?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52081 on: July 28, 2015, 02:50:08 am »

was there any explanation why the clowns have to be massive dicks?
Gamzee's a dick because when he is sober the aggression from his royal blood awakens and later he is enraptured by LE's soul in Lil Cal.
The juggalos in the alt kids session are dicks because the Condensce puppets them and wants them tyrannical.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52082 on: July 28, 2015, 02:57:09 am »

gamzee was temporarily not a massive dickcheese when he snapped from aranea's mind control, though, only to go batshit from the fact that he got stabbed a bazillion times
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52083 on: July 28, 2015, 03:32:04 am »

I still believe the plea was to fuck with Terezi. He's always batshit unless he's drugged, and he was way past drugs at that point.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52084 on: July 28, 2015, 06:42:37 pm »

So uh... why is it "Remem8er" with an 8? Is it just that it's motivated by Vriska? Or is she involved more deeply?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52085 on: July 28, 2015, 07:25:42 pm »

So uh... why is it "Remem8er" with an 8? Is it just that it's motivated by Vriska? Or is she involved more deeply?
1) yes
2) it's part of the song's name. The song was created during Vriska-Doomed!John's stupid attempts at romance. Vriska => 8.
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52086 on: July 28, 2015, 08:26:44 pm »

I still believe the plea was to fuck with Terezi. He's always batshit unless he's drugged, and he was way past drugs at that point.
Given that he managed to hold a (dysfunctional and abusive) kismessisitude with Terezi for years without murdering her, I think he's saner than we give him credit.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52087 on: September 15, 2015, 02:16:00 am »

I've been rereading Homestuck.  Wow it's long!

Latest results:

Sylph of Blood: The Mayor
Mage of Rage: The Parcel Mistress
Bard of Doom: Colonel Sassacre
Thief of Mind: The Auto-Responder

New discovery: Negaspects!

After Terezi's revelations about herself, I started spotting certain patterns.  Each character has an aspect-related challenge/shortcoming which they either overcome, or that leads to their canon death, and that indicates possible dependencies on other characters.

John: Light
Rose: Uncertain, but should be Breath
Dave: Space
Jade: Time

Aradia: Life
Tavros: Time (and being the Page of Breath 8))
Sollux: Space
Karkat: Hope
Nepeta: Rage?  (I haven't reread her death scene yet, so I'm uncertain)
Kanaya: Void
Terezi: Light
Vriska: Blood
Equius: Breath
Eridan: Heart
Gamzee: Mind
Feferi: Doom

Caliborn: Heart
Calliope: Hope? Doom?

I'm still having some trouble with the B2 kids.  I'll hopefully figure it out when I get there again.

I could provide strong evidence for most of the above, but half the fun is spotting it for yourselves. ;D

Speculation:

If it is possible to go god-tier (or something) by overcoming one's negaspect, this is about to happen for Terezi and possibly Karkat and Kanaya.  I am actually expecting something other than god-tier, though, as a reward for staying alive from the beginning.

Insanity:

Our universe is governed by the Lord of Hope and the Muse of Doom.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52088 on: September 15, 2015, 10:51:09 am »

Hmm. Terezi's major problem seems to be problems with Heart, both with herself and others. It seems to be a Seer trait, with them falling into trouble due to flirting with the opposite aspect for most of the session and an obsession with their aspect to the exclusion of all else (resulting in them falling wholly into the grasp of their opposite). Take Rose, for example, who I'd argue struggles with Void most.
        She enters the game, then immediately begins to rely on Void to try and shed some Light on the matter of their session. This drive envelops and consumes her, causing her to avoid the others and normal contact in order to hunt for just a little more information, to the exclusion of all else. When she eventually finds out that her mother died, she blames herself for going on that tunnel-visioned drive for Light, and in the heat of the moment, enters wholly into Voids domain in the form of the Bloodfester Throes. She then casts aside her drive for Light ("Tired of reading. Gotta find Jack.") as she hunts for Jack, still Grimdark. She then dies as a result, and emerges as the Seer of Light after her suicide mission. She still does struggle with Void (in the form of alcohol this time) until after the RetJohn, when Vriska forces her to stop.
        Terezi is much the same. In her session, she constantly flirted (pun intended) with Heart (in the form of romance), with Karkat. However, her troubles didn't truly begin until they went onto the meteor. There, she became obsessed with Justice, wholemindedly and completely obsessed, to the point where she began to shirk logic. This came to a climax with her encounter with Vriska, and she executed Justice. However, her guilt ended up leading her to fall into hate -Heart yet again- with Gamzee, which we can all agree was an utter abusive disaster that led her to ruin. Death again held salvation for a Seer, in the form of the scarf that held John's instructions. It protected post-Retjohn Terezi from the worst of her problems with Heart, but she, too, is again troubled by Heart even after death and rebirth, which leads up to [S]Terezi:Remem8er.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #52089 on: September 16, 2015, 02:02:39 am »

Your evidence for Rose's negaspect being void is convincing; it is one of the negaspects that I consider for her, which is why I am still uncertain.  I will first have to analyze the B2 kids to see if they complete the pattern.

However, regarding Terezi:

There are multiple things going on here, involving four aspects: Mind, Rage, Light and Heart

Heart is the opposite of Mind, so she is weakest there.
Rage is Gamzee's aspect, and justice (a.k.a. vengeance) is the overlap between Rage and Mind, giving him power over Terezi.
Light is something that she is blind to (in all its forms), indicating her negaspect.

Evidence:
1. She is blind
2. She was blinded by the Thief of Light
3. She believes that luck doesn't matter
4. She killed the god tier form of the Thief of Light
5. She depends on Vriska, so killing her led her into disaster
6. Getting her sight restored by Aranea caused her to give in to Gamzee's black advances
7. Seeing the reunion between justice!Terezi and 2xdead!Vriska was an important (or final?) step in her character development arc.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52090 on: September 16, 2015, 03:27:12 am »

Mm. Rage isn't exactly a good thing for justice. Rage is the domain of lynch mobs, not proper procedure.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #52091 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:00 am »

Mm. Rage isn't exactly a good thing for justice. Rage is the domain of lynch mobs, not proper procedure.
Which is where Mind comes in.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52092 on: September 29, 2015, 06:37:19 pm »

So I had one of those small revelations today. Not about anything important but it's just that it didn't come to me until now when making bad puns.

John has his strife specibus set to hammerkind.
A gavel is a type of hammer.
And therefore it could kind of be twisted to gavelkind. It's fitting because he's the heir.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52093 on: September 29, 2015, 11:00:33 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52094 on: February 28, 2016, 06:17:07 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3471 3472 [3473] 3474 3475 ... 3524