Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3472 3473 [3474] 3475 3476 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4794954 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52095 on: February 28, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »

It's more likely Andrews next project after Homestuck, not More Homestuck.

I'm good with either option though.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52096 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:58 pm »

Andrew seems to be latching onto Homestuck for all it's worth right now. Hiveswap, Paradox Space book 2. He also gets the boon of an existing association with Toby Fox, whose work is now way more popular than any of Hussie's ever was.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52097 on: February 28, 2016, 06:28:19 pm »

Maybe he means the game? If that's even a thing that's going to exist idk.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52098 on: February 28, 2016, 06:30:17 pm »

He mentions the game as part of Homestuck 2.0.

I'm reasonably sure it's the title for What Pumpkin's multimedia expansion of Homestuck, starting with Paradox Space and Hiveswap and moving into... whatever else is going on there.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52099 on: February 28, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »

He also gets the boon of an existing association with Toby Fox, whose work is now way more popular than any of Hussie's ever was.

Mmm. I dunno about that. Is there an actual popularity metric for that? Seems like they both have reached the sameish level of internet/reddit/tumblr popularity. Homestuck has just dwindled to hell because of the gigantic hiatuses. Hell, people are starting to react to the undertale fandom the same way they used to react to Homestuck's.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52100 on: February 28, 2016, 06:32:55 pm »

Well, whoever was editing that video sure knew the right number to put that clip into.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52101 on: February 28, 2016, 06:33:07 pm »

As Problem Sleuth is to Homestuck, Homestuck is to...?
Actually I kid, I wouldn't wish that much pressure on anyone.  And even if he delivered, fuuuck.

Andrew seems to be latching onto Homestuck for all it's worth right now. Hiveswap, Paradox Space book 2. He also gets the boon of an existing association with Toby Fox, whose work is now way more popular than any of Hussie's ever was.
Also, er, I really doubt that?  I mean you're consistently right about everything, but is Undertale really bigger than Homestuck?
Undertales big and all but Homestuck was, just, absurdly resonant.

And honestly I sorta stopped caring about the Homestuck video game when I realized it would be a narrative rather than a sandbox.  I love Hussie's narratives, a lot!  I was just more excited to play SBURB.
It's perfect Minecraft mod material, maybe it's already happened.  I haven't checked in a while.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52102 on: February 28, 2016, 06:33:54 pm »

He also gets the boon of an existing association with Toby Fox, whose work is now way more popular than any of Hussie's ever was.

Mmm. I dunno about that. Is there an actual popularity metric for that? Seems like they both have reached the sameish level of internet/reddit/tumblr popularity. Homestuck has just dwindled to hell because of the gigantic hiatuses. Hell, people are starting to react to the undertale fandom the same way they used to react to Homestuck's.
Also, er, I really doubt that?  I mean you're consistently right about everything, but is Undertale really bigger than Homestuck?

There are ways you can sorta gauge it; google trends shows Homestuck to be 21% as popular at its peak as Undertale was at its peak, but then webcomics are silly in terms of googliness but even then that's way past margins of error (I would regard maybe triple webcomic search rates compared to video games for a fairer comparison and even then it's only 63%).

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52103 on: February 28, 2016, 06:35:56 pm »

There are ways you can sorta gauge it; google trends shows Homestuck to be 21% as popular at its peak as Undertale was at its peak, but then webcomics are silly in terms of googliness but even then that's way past margins of error (I would regard maybe triple webcomic search rates compared to video games for a fairer comparison and even then it's only 63%).

Let's settle this as 'They were both insanely popular' and 'Trying to put a sane measurement on popularity isn't.'

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52104 on: February 28, 2016, 06:43:57 pm »

obviously everything i link in this post is gonna be hellaciously spoilery

Or things like Homestuck's most famous song vs Undertale's (which I guess is Homestuck's now, heheh)

Or Homestuck's most famous thing vs Undertale's most famous thing

It's still difficult to gauge due to the differences between webcomics and games (I.E. there's gonna be lots more views of Cascade if you count total views on-site, NG gives only views seen on NG, unfortunately, so that doesn't quite work, but then you also have to count people who actually bought undertale, of which there are over 1.2 million on steam)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #52105 on: March 10, 2016, 11:45:22 am »

Woah, new Paradox Space. It's a teaser for the new book though, which is pretty lame.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:49:14 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52106 on: March 10, 2016, 12:30:01 pm »

I sure do miss Homestuck. If only Hussie got back to updating it. Hopefully soon, before all hype dies down.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52107 on: March 10, 2016, 12:34:17 pm »

Have you not seen the news posts?

He's 65% done with the last act of chapter 6 and chapter 7 has been done for a long time now.

It all ends, 4/13/16.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52108 on: March 10, 2016, 12:38:13 pm »

i'll believe it when i see it
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52109 on: March 10, 2016, 01:08:57 pm »

Have you not seen the news posts?

He's 65% done with the last act of chapter 6 and chapter 7 has been done for a long time now.

It all ends, 4/13/16.

I've seen it and I believe it's been that way for quite a while. Recall seeing the same thing on December, but I can't quite put my finger to it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 3472 3473 [3474] 3475 3476 ... 3524