Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3512 3513 [3514] 3515 3516 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4795912 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52695 on: July 01, 2016, 10:08:40 pm »

https://coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/album/cool-and-new-web-comic-voulem-1

The album for Cool and New Webcomic is out.

(((Imagine Homestuck as if it were SBAHJafied)))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52696 on: July 01, 2016, 10:11:22 pm »

and for it i made... a phat track

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52697 on: July 01, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »

and for it i made... a phat track

The second I saw it I knew it was you.

I see your shitposts on the subreddit. Don't hide!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52698 on: July 01, 2016, 11:06:18 pm »

I mean to be fair it says By Putnam on the track info so it's not like it's a secret

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52699 on: July 02, 2016, 12:30:49 am »

Awwwww yisssss.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52700 on: July 02, 2016, 04:26:54 am »

Oh my god

justice must be a serve is a remix of Post-Apocalyptic Fedora

noooooo
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52701 on: July 02, 2016, 01:24:19 pm »

$720? Wat.

They could probably knock at least $300 off the price. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:31:50 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52702 on: July 02, 2016, 02:54:35 pm »

If you don't know why it's 720, you haven't listened to enough of the tracks
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52703 on: July 02, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

$720? Wat.

They could probably knock at least $300 off the price. Just sayin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emlwt1mV2Xg

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52704 on: July 03, 2016, 09:25:02 am »

It's available for free in the description.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52705 on: August 29, 2016, 01:45:55 pm »

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52706 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »

[s]Epilogue
This is a fan game, if anyone else was surprised.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52707 on: September 24, 2016, 11:31:17 pm »

Since I was probably wrong somehow, given my track record, I might as well bump this and be rebuffed:
Eridan did nothing wrong
Eridan could have killed the lowbloods at any point before Hivebent, simply by inaction (not slaying as many lusi for Pacifist Princess Feferi while she cuddled her cuttlefish).  He specifically knew this, but instead continued to commission over-the-top doomsday devices he didn't expect to work (cooperating with a landdweller to do so).

All the trolls were silly preteens trying to figure out their roles in life.  As seadwelling royalty, Eridan was supposed to despise landdwellers, and he *failed*.  He liked and respected his "inferiors" on the hemospectrum (Karkat and Kanaya for example).  He did his best to cooperate in Sgrub, begging the others to visit his land.  Maybe he was an idiot to aggro the angels, but I suspect not... either way, he was fighting for the team and hoping for help.  He even tried to help Jade, a human!

Does anyone ever thank him for defying his blood caste?  Not on screen.  We can only hope that Karkat did at some point, since they seemed to have an actual friendship, and Karkat is cool like that.

Now, I'm not saying Feferi was wrong to break up with him.  Obviously she had the right to, and I'm sure it was hard to be his moirrail.  The guy was an emotional train wreck!  However, she doesn't seem to appreciate all the lusus-killing he did.  As a troll empress I'm sure she was capable of killing to feed her lusus, probably a lot more capable than Eridan.  But she never had to before, we don't know if she ever did, and she seems to love animals!  I'm just saying Eridan (the supposedly genocidal) had been doing her a major favor for years, and she acts like the whole relationship was a burden on only her.

Does that justify him murdering her?  Not at all.  And he didn't.

Eridan dueled Sollux in the land of brains and pitchforks.  I don't think we know much about the circumstances of this, except that Eridan lost.  This seems like perfectly reasonable behavior for two trolls fighting over a matesprit.  Eridan presumably accepts this and continues to play Sgrub, instead of murdering Sollux in his sleep or something.

Later, after Sgrub, on the meteor, Kanaya tries to Return to the core.  Eridan approaches Fef.  Having acquired vast magical powers of Hope, he is pursuing a plan to *actually do something*.  DIPLOMACY!  With Jack, so he's kinda doomed, but his heart is in the right place.  The trolls are literally waiting to die, they have no plan and no solidarity left.  Eridan doesn't even go off by himself, he tries to talk Feferi into coming with.  He's not trying to save himself.  He's trying to reunite the troll royalty to officially negotiate a surrender, sparing the trolls a guaranteed death.  (That's not conjecture, he says as much).

He does an admirable job at ignoring the mustard blood heckler as he presents the plan.  Feferi (fortunately) vetoes the plan.  She does so with a complete lack of diplomacy, including forbidding a *sea-dweller* from using *fish puns*, but hey.  She's the Empress.

Sollux butts in again to say "ii 2hould have killed you on lobaf when ii had the chance."  Followed by ATTACKING.  He even powers up first.

Um, what the hell was Eridan supposed to do?  He's getting assaulted with deadly intent by a lowblood simply for *suggesting* a plan.  He didn't even say he would defy Feferi, Sollux didn't give him a chance.  Eridan's response is plain self defense, fully justified under human OR Alternian customs.  Frankly, proper Alternian behavior would surely have been for him to kill Sollux far earlier.

Notably, he doesn't even kill Sollux in self defense.  (Maybe halfway?  That part is weird.)  He stands there as Feferi checks Sollux, and then... attacks Eridan with a deadly weapon.  Again, Eridan responds with self defense.  He looks grim, and who wouldn't.  His ex moirrail, Empress, and unrequited love is about to stab him for knocking a lowblood unconscious.  This is possibly when he snaps.

Destroying the matriorb is impossible to defend, except that it's probably a moot point.  The Empress is dead, Kanaya's clearly about to attack him too, basically everyone is trying to murder him.  The situation is completely hopeless so he finally, for the first and last time, listens to his blood.  Whether he was justified in killing Kanaya depends on whether she was about to attack him before he destroyed the orb.

Keep in mind, I'm arguing using human morals.  I really doubt that Alternian law would judge anything he did as wrong.  The only questionable matter was Feferi's death.  On the one hand she was the Empress.  On the other hand it was self defense, and she was only one rung higher.

Karkat doesn't attack Eridan, so Eridan doesn't attack him.

Cronus is probably a fine troll but gog damn is he a terrible person.  I see him as people's unfair perception of Eridan, personified.  He even says "Nyeh"!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52708 on: September 26, 2016, 02:44:51 am »

That's somewhat interesting.

I'll have to find that part of the story and analyze it; see whether I agree.

Also, it seems that I have misidentified his negaspect.  It should be Space.  I'll have to check whether Heart is the correct negaspect for Sollux.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:55:13 am by DreamThorn »
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52709 on: September 26, 2016, 04:41:31 am »

...It was a plan to join a godlike version of Jack Noir, who everyone involved knew quite dearly (i.e. they wouldn't trust him with godlike power).
Pages: 1 ... 3512 3513 [3514] 3515 3516 ... 3524