Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3513 3514 [3515] 3516 3517 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4875860 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52710 on: September 28, 2016, 07:24:33 pm »

[hugs eridan ;-;]
Black lives matter.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52711 on: September 29, 2016, 07:25:28 am »

My new theory is that Sollux's negaspect being Heart and Feferi's being Doom, while Sollux's aspect is Doom, caused their relationship to doom Feferi, by fating her to attack Eridan.

Eridan's negaspect being Space is what makes him so bad at the matespritship, and so annoying overall; he is just unaware of the space that he needs to give people.  It is also what causes him to destroy the Matriorb: it is a thing of Space and Hope; he destroys the Hope and doesn't see the Space.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52712 on: September 29, 2016, 10:28:53 am »

What's this with negaspects?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52713 on: September 29, 2016, 10:51:58 am »

Fanfiction.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52714 on: September 29, 2016, 11:23:07 am »

That's that each character has a weakness to a specific aspect; a recurring element in bad things that they do, bad things that happens to them, things that they ignore and/or don't believe in, and if they die, it is always either because of their negaspect, or they get killed by someone with their negaspect as their aspect.  It is also evident in their domicile and in their game-entry troubles, and in their choice of friends+lovers.  (As in, you might fall in love with someone who provides the aspect that you lack)

A better word might be "Aspectual Void" or "voidspect", but having void as your void is just confusing.

I still have not quite proven everyone's negaspects, but here's my currently most up-to-date list:

John - Light
Rose - Void
Dave - Space
Jade - Time
Roxy - Breath?
Dirk - ?
Jane - ?
Jake - ?

Aradia - Life?
Tavros - Hope
Sollux - Heart?
Karkat - Time
Nepeta - Rage
Kanaya - Void
Terezi - Light
Vriska - Blood
Equius - Breath
Gamzee - Mind
Eridan - Space
Feferi - Doom

EDIT: I would hardly call it fanfiction.  More like maybe overextended deep analysis born of an agapic obsession with Homestuck caused by my mythological role as the Prince of Void.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52715 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24:49 am »

Ah.

That makes sense.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52716 on: October 01, 2016, 02:57:42 pm »

Hell must've frozen over, because there's an update from WP on Hiveswap. May or may not be fully legit, because the title hasn't changed, but it's the on the official website, so...
EDIT: Been changed back. Huh.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:46:23 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52717 on: October 01, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »

I have from a reliable source that a reliable source has confirmed that the release date is legit.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52718 on: October 01, 2016, 03:39:06 pm »

All this talk about "negaspects" has reminded me of one small, but very important thing: did the "inversion" theory finally crash and burn, or is it still going strong, despite the lack of any expected sudden revelation that was supposed to justify it all in the end?

(i'm a little biased against it as you can see)
._.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52719 on: October 01, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »

All this talk about "negaspects" has reminded me of one small, but very important thing: did the "inversion" theory finally crash and burn, or is it still going strong, despite the lack of any expected sudden revelation that was supposed to justify it all in the end?

Given the complete lack of any explanations about anything whatsoever, it's in limbo.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52720 on: October 01, 2016, 04:41:03 pm »

It crashed and burned hard before the gigapause ended, I'm pretty sure. What Pumpkin member who's read Hussie's own notes on Sburb classes and things said "stop saying it's a thing it's not a thing" or something along those lines.

Given the complete lack of any explanations about anything whatsoever, it's in limbo.

remember that conversation between jade and davepetasprite2 that explained what sburb titles are about

because a lot of people seem to forget that

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52721 on: October 01, 2016, 09:43:26 pm »

What Pumpkin member who's read Hussie's own notes on Sburb classes and things said "stop saying it's a thing it's not a thing" or something along those lines.
Holy shit the idea that those notes exist, or existed, is blowing my mind.
It's like... of course they did.  And there probably was (or IS??) a list of all the references to 7 in the Marathon games, and a developer codex of all the messages hidden in the terminal code, and...

It's like being suddenly aware that the holy grail literally exists, somewhere, but you will never see it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52722 on: October 01, 2016, 10:00:29 pm »

The classes have vague thematic relevance and nothing more.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52723 on: October 01, 2016, 10:13:23 pm »

The classes have vague thematic relevance and nothing more.

I always treat them as something like personality tests online, by which I mean I've implemented title assignment as a game mechanic and did it like so:

1. Assign each class a weight based on personality traits and gender
2. Randomly select one of the classes based on the weighted probabilities
3. Just pick an aspect at random

And it works super well and you can almost always look at someone's personality and say "yeah, I can see that".

I have from a reliable source that a reliable source has confirmed that the release date is legit.

Said reliable sources have unsaid stuff. Apparently, the reveal was an accident.

I sure do hope they don't get in trouble for communicating for once.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52724 on: October 02, 2016, 10:13:51 am »

What Pumpkin member who's read Hussie's own notes on Sburb classes and things said "stop saying it's a thing it's not a thing" or something along those lines.
Holy shit the idea that those notes exist, or existed, is blowing my mind.
It's like... of course they did.  And there probably was (or IS??) a list of all the references to 7 in the Marathon games, and a developer codex of all the messages hidden in the terminal code, and...

It's like being suddenly aware that the holy grail literally exists, somewhere, but you will never see it.
It's also cool how they relate to his scripting process. IIRC (this might have been back in the...Formspring? days) at least at first he only ever had a very vague outline of most parts of Homestuck. But he was deliberately writing in a way to produce potential callbacks. So in-jokes and even plot elements (and jokes that turned into plot) often weren't ever planned as anything significant until they Schrodinger'd themselves back into relevance when he came back to write a new part.

I want to say that his notes may have been in something horrifying like unformatted Notepad? But I might be misremembering that.
Pages: 1 ... 3513 3514 [3515] 3516 3517 ... 3524