Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4752363 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52785 on: December 10, 2017, 05:09:38 pm »

How do you guys think this comic will be viewed in 10-15 years?
Vintage memes.

Do you think another webcomic will ever become the sort of hub of intense fandom and creative output that Homestuck was for most of its run?
Yes.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52786 on: December 23, 2017, 05:20:57 pm »

seeing people getting into homestuck in 2017 is like seeing someone get to the party after everyone's left
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #52787 on: December 23, 2017, 07:50:30 pm »

seeing people getting into homestuck in 2017 is like seeing someone get to the party after everyone's left
this

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52788 on: December 24, 2017, 12:16:09 pm »

I mean, the story didn't stop existing or anything. The tens of millions of words of fan content didn't go anywhere. There's still a vast amount of content for people who read the comic to consume, it's just that there won't be a great deal more.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #52789 on: December 24, 2017, 10:14:15 pm »

One of the things I enjoyed the most was the experience of waiting for updates and the wondering what will come next. Having that all be done now is kind of sad, but only in the way that one can look at a fond memory. The experience of waiting and watching was it's own separate beast from the final work.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52790 on: December 24, 2017, 10:20:41 pm »

...I don't regret waiting for it be finished before starting my read.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #52791 on: December 24, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »

Nor should you! You ought to enjoy it whether it's now or later. Vintage memes are always enjoyable.
BIRDS.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52792 on: December 24, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »

It's an older meme sir, but it checks out.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52793 on: December 24, 2017, 11:06:52 pm »

I started somewhere in the middle and am extremely glad I was able to skip some of the worst parts (trickster, game over, all the pauses) and come back near the end. There were a couple points where I couldn't slog through, and archive binging fixed that issue for me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52794 on: April 03, 2018, 05:22:04 pm »

So MSPaintAdventures is dead, long live Homestuck.com.

Also What Pumpkin appears to have been fully absorbed by Viz Media, and several big names have left the team.

https://www.homestuck.com/news

https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/895sc6/the_writing_is_on_the_twitterwall_what_pumpkin/
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52795 on: April 06, 2018, 01:01:33 pm »

I couldn't believe until I went on the website.

I can't believe Viz Media own this now and that the mspaintadventures domain is dead. Any bets on what it'll look like in another 10 years? I'll probably be here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #52796 on: April 06, 2018, 01:48:41 pm »

My guess is that the project will hit a wall due to skepticism, but hopefully that is just the cynic in me talking.
BIRDS.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52797 on: April 13, 2018, 02:31:23 pm »

Hiveswap Friendsim is out.

Best dollar I've spent.

Happy 4/13 everybody.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52798 on: April 15, 2018, 01:06:18 pm »

I've started reading Homestuck. I'm about 2000 pages in. This story seems kind of complicated.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52799 on: April 15, 2018, 01:09:41 pm »

I've started reading Homestuck. I'm about 2000 pages in. This story seems kind of complicated.

Don't worry too much about it. A great deal of the plot threads never go anywhere.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 ... 3524