Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4752998 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: it's 6/12 everybody put their horns and hOnKs on
« Reply #26745 on: June 15, 2011, 07:10:09 pm »

I'm just saying that it makes me happy to see dudes unironically shipping.  It's a good day.

I do have to admit I've been shipping before Homestuck, but then they're practically canon anyways (Like in FMA) so w/e.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26746 on: June 15, 2011, 07:16:51 pm »

I'm not a shipper.  I don't ship.

But John and Vriska had better get married by the end of this.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26747 on: June 15, 2011, 07:17:35 pm »

Any other guys been a shipper forever and just kept quite? I used to frequent that one fan fiction site to read Golden Sun stories. I'd die for my ship, too. All up in peoples business like "You have these two characters sharing coy grins and that is not supposed to happen".
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26748 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:54 pm »

I don't mind the shipping, but I've never shipped before Homestuck. I mean, there wasn't much opportunity, since I don't watch dem animoos or anything.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26749 on: June 15, 2011, 07:25:51 pm »

Hahaha.

So, I'll admit that I do read quite a bit of fanfiction, but usually pairings are employed to get airtime from two characters that I particularly like, not because I really want to see them having a romantic relationship.  Or, you know, it'll just be a passing interest--"Oh, how would that work?"  That sort of thing.

Actually, I'd probably count as a troll shipper.  I ship rivalries and friendships like the devil.  The thing that annoys me is that so often, writers will have >3 => <3.  Kismesis is always hiding redrom... *sigh*

Usually, that's really not what I want to read about.  For example, I really like the L x Light kismesis dynamic from Death Note.  But fangirls seem to never be able to write a really spicy blackrom.  Not talking about the standard hatesex thing, either.  I just really want to read about my favorite characters trying to kill each other sometimes >_>

Well, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26750 on: June 15, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »

I'm serious though. Actual romance is something that will make me drop a book like it is scorpions, but that awkward cutesy lead-up to romance tugs at my heart strings in a way that challenges my masculinity.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26751 on: June 15, 2011, 07:35:53 pm »

I avoid fanfic like the plague :P

I enjoy troll antics though, and I find Terezi and Aradia absolutely adorable.

I'm serious though. Actual romance is something that will make me drop a book like it is scorpions, but that awkward cutesy lead-up to romance tugs at my heart strings in a way that challenges my masculinity.

Agreed. So agreed :o

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26752 on: June 15, 2011, 07:37:28 pm »

D:
Also often called Boowells.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26753 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:35 pm »

D:

Ditto.

RosexJohn FOREVER

oh god what am i doing

noooooo

the shipping virus has infected meee
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26754 on: June 15, 2011, 07:40:20 pm »

I enjoy romantic subtext sometimes, but text... ?  Never.  I don't want to know any of the gritty details or see anything more than a hug or a pat on the shoulder, whatever.  Emotional support.  Keep it friends, pals... leave the hardcore shipping to the fandom >_> <_<

I'm really glad to see that you can enjoy a non-terribad romance, though.  Comforting.

I avoid fanfic like the plague :P

Eh, sometimes there's squeeing to be done and no series left.  That's my opinion, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26755 on: June 15, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »

Quick, drink this liquid potassium. It's the only way to be cured. (Have some water afterwards, that stuff tastes awful.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26756 on: June 15, 2011, 07:44:49 pm »

I enjoy romantic subtext sometimes, but text... ?  Never.  I don't want to know any of the gritty details or see anything more than a hug or a pat on the shoulder, whatever.  Emotional support.  Keep it friends, pals... leave the hardcore shipping to the fandom >_> <_<

This is how I feel about that stuff, Vector.

I mean, I'm not a fan of lemons or shitliekdat. Some things... some things are better left unsaid, you know what I mean?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26757 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:34 pm »

D:

Ditto.

RosexJohn FOREVER
I'd actually be fine with either one. They are equally exciting to meeee. :D
Also often called Boowells.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26758 on: June 15, 2011, 07:47:56 pm »

D:

Ditto.

RosexJohn FOREVER

oh god what am i doing

noooooo

assimilate

ASSIMILATE

ASSIMILAAAAAAATE
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26759 on: June 15, 2011, 07:52:02 pm »

Yeah, I used to read that stuff as a hormonal teenager with not much else in that direction in terms of exposure.  I have to say that nowadays, it mostly interests me in terms of the fact that authors who are famous for writing good sex scenes are usually not 13, and thus tend to have reasonable characterization >____>  That statement you quoted is mostly for authors in and of themselves, because I don't have as high standards for fanartists.  Still, my favorites are usually the ones that leave tantalizing hints, rather than explicit information.

Mostly, though, I think I need to spend more time reading amazing real books and stuff, because I'm sure there's more out there than I'll ever get to... and there's no need to spend so danged much time reading fanfic.

Pages: 1 ... 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 ... 3524