Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3065 3066 [3067] 3068 3069 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4751635 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #45990 on: March 19, 2013, 04:22:42 am »

ugh I hate myself why am I even talking about this\
GroovesterXGroovester blackrom smut anybody?

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45991 on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:05 am »

Groovester, thanks for the thoughts, I wasn't even organized on that front, but I know for certain, troll romance is pretty anthropomorphized, out the ass.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45992 on: March 19, 2013, 06:22:51 am »

... I think I just understood what's happening there. Something changed about/happened to Terezi.

She is no longer blind, as shown by her normal eyes. They were likely healed by Aranea.
... ?

Let me read the update here. Confused Doomblade is confused.

EDIT: I can't identify characters, it seems. I'm so used to Terezi with red eyes that I thought she was Damara. Despite the horns.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:26:04 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #45993 on: March 19, 2013, 07:39:48 am »

EDIT: I can't identify characters, it seems. I'm so used to Terezi with red eyes that I thought she was Damara. Despite the horns.

What
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45994 on: March 19, 2013, 08:12:22 am »

I'm so used to Terezi with red eyes that I thought she was Damara. Despite the horns.
That's
awesome?
your version of Homestuck involves Damara suddenly appearing on the meteor and headbutting Karkat? Where can I buy it?

There are contradictory notions of what blackrom is within the comic. (ugh I hate myself why am I even talking about this)
Yeah man, talking about Troll romance is like -2 Cooldude points and wearing the bro cap the right way round for like five whole minutes.
man.

I try to handwave these inconsistencies by a) assuming trolls are dumb as anybody and have no idea what makes them tick so that b) there are wildly differing definitions and structures for a kismessitude, similar to how in real life various relationships-romantic or not- are labelled with the same term; I am friends with that guy I chatter with every other day at the train station, but I am also friends with that guy I maybe see every few months and barely even talk with, because [ancient history]. I am sure my parents are in love, but it is a different love than that those two goths making out in the subway have(I think. I assume. I am not the kind of guy you consult in matters of the heart).

By Trolls an explosive, violent, abusive affair between some carapaces may be called a kismessitude, a rivalry and romance between a pirate and a buccaneer may be called a kismessitude, as long as there are some specific markers. Troll have biologically a disposition to one or all of this various relationships they call kismessitude. The rest is the broken view through the varied lenses of their kaputte society.

Also there are no happy relationships in Homestuck, it just doesn't happen.

So, I talked about Troll romance. What is next? Shipping?

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #45995 on: March 19, 2013, 08:14:59 am »

Someone has clearly forgotten the eternal, blissful bond of The Mayor and Serenity.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45996 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:50 am »

I am sure my parents are in love, but it is a different love than that those two goths making out in the subway have(I think. I assume. I am not the kind of guy you consult in matters of the heart).
Nope, it's the same love. The EXACT same love. In fact, your parents were EXACTLY those two goths making out in the subway. Yeah, think about that.  :P

(Also, I think it's funny that accidentally capitalizing the s in subway can change the context of a sentence completely. XD)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45997 on: March 19, 2013, 08:18:51 am »

Each Troll quadrant is clearly as complicated as the human's single quadrant. There are lots of ways to be in love with someone, some healthier than others.

A kismessitude based on rivalry is probably a healthy blackrom. And what we're seeing here is... probably not. Hell, there's no reason to assume Gamzee hates her at ALL - it seems more like he's just using her.

So I'd say what we have here is an example of a dysfunctional blackrom, one that is still a blackrom but would probably not be entirely condoned by troll society if it still existed.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #45998 on: March 19, 2013, 08:36:21 am »

Each Troll quadrant is clearly as complicated as the human's single quadrant.
You mean our... monodrant?

Also Troll society isn't all that healthy itself, what with the glorified violence and applied social darwinism and undying sea!Hitler pulling most of the strings while omiscient cueball-Mengele is controlling the universe from his moonbase.
Having any kind of relationship to a clown is probably either anathema or a sweet deal.

Someone has clearly forgotten the eternal, blissful bond of The Mayor and Serenity.
b-but what if
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am sure my parents are in love, but it is a different love than that those two goths making out in the subway have(I think. I assume. I am not the kind of guy you consult in matters of the heart).
Nope, it's the same love. The EXACT same love. In fact, your parents were EXACTLY those two goths making out in the subway. Yeah, think about that.  :P
Oh god I shouldn't have hitched a hike in that DeLorean

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45999 on: March 19, 2013, 12:14:21 pm »

Well to me it seems more like an abusive relationship rather then black romance. From what she described to me it sounds she's in a vicious cycle of self loathing instead of rivalry/hate. Not that I'm an expert and have any intentions of being one.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46000 on: March 19, 2013, 12:35:24 pm »

Troll romance sure is confusing, unlike human romance which is always simple and straightforward.

It's like the Ship of Theseus. Ariadne had a crush on Theseus, but he ended up marrying her sister Phaedra instead. Phaedra later fell in love with Hippolytus, son of Theseus and his first wife Hippolyta. In a way, Ariadne/Theseus, Phaedra/Theseus and Phaedra/Hippolytus are the same kind of ships (the doomed Greek kind), but it's also obvious that the circumstances and people are different. An extradimensional alien with no understanding of human earth romance, looking for a simple and universal explanation on what it's all about, is going to be very confused. Especially if he also has to consider Theseus/Helen, Theseus/Pirithous and Theseus/Minotaur.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #46001 on: March 19, 2013, 01:22:54 pm »

Also remember the Plato's Cave(where Socrates' legendary shipping wall was located) allegory: Any Interaction between people is only the vague shadow of an  OTP drifting by in the distance.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46002 on: March 19, 2013, 01:53:11 pm »

Also remember the Plato's Cave(where Socrates' legendary shipping wall was located) allegory: Any Interaction between people is only the vague shadow of an  OTP drifting by in the distance.
This made me laugh more than it should. That means it'll be forever in my signature.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46003 on: March 19, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »

Every time Dave and Karkat talk, I think "Man, eventually Hussie's going to make a conversation between them that isn't fucking brilliant. This can't be as hilarious as the last ones." I am consistently wrong.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46004 on: March 19, 2013, 02:09:47 pm »

Last sentence was great.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 3065 3066 [3067] 3068 3069 ... 3524