Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4751444 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52800 on: April 15, 2018, 07:12:52 pm »

I've started reading Homestuck. I'm about 2000 pages in. This story seems kind of complicated.

Don't worry too much about it. A great deal of the plot threads never go anywhere.
o o f
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52801 on: April 15, 2018, 09:04:34 pm »

It objectively makes no sense and is probably terrible in general, but as far as rides go it's pretty good. Just like metal gear.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52802 on: April 21, 2018, 02:31:33 pm »

Ok, so now I'm a little over 4000 pages in.

Spoiler: Thoughts (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52803 on: April 22, 2018, 02:10:29 am »

Ooo, never saw this thread. I've been re-reading Homestuck bit by bit and it's just as good a ride as the first time. I really wish the URL had the page number in it instead of being off by a couple thousand, it confuses me.

And also the site being sold is crazy.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52804 on: April 22, 2018, 02:22:35 am »

Our company manages the development, marketing, and distribution in Europe of Japanese animated entertainment and licensing graphic novels.
Folks... Homestuck is animé

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52805 on: April 22, 2018, 02:53:49 am »

I really wish the URL had the page number in it instead of being off by a couple thousand, it confuses me.

It actually does since the homestuck.com switch; before it started at 1901, since previous adventures (esp. problem sleuth) were counted in the page count.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52806 on: April 22, 2018, 03:32:27 am »

I really wish the URL had the page number in it instead of being off by a couple thousand, it confuses me.

It actually does since the homestuck.com switch; before it started at 1901, since previous adventures (esp. problem sleuth) were counted in the page count.

Ooo, fancy, I guess that's one good change then!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52807 on: April 22, 2018, 05:36:48 am »

At least that's some resolution, rather than the bullshit limbo we've been stuck in.

I pour a drink for MSPaintadventures and its eternally broken forum.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 05:42:37 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52808 on: April 25, 2018, 08:36:09 pm »

I've made it to page 6000.

Spoiler: Further thoughts. (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52809 on: April 25, 2018, 08:39:19 pm »

There's a level of humor in seeing such large swaths of meandering/epic story summed up in tiny bites.  I suppose that's the joke of Hussie's own recap pages, despite them being quite long.  You've simply improved on that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52810 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »

I finished it.

Spoiler: Final thoughts. (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52811 on: May 03, 2018, 08:59:21 pm »

Imagine if people made fanaristocrats for W & P.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52812 on: May 03, 2018, 09:04:37 pm »

That would clearly be the superior reality to this one.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52813 on: May 04, 2018, 10:54:06 am »

This is my fanaristocrat, he's a half-French half-Russian half-vampire boyar named Slicer Shadow.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:56:26 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52814 on: May 04, 2018, 12:18:01 pm »

Abridged backstory:Slicer was just like any other half-French half-Russian half-vampire nobleman, until he turned 13 and was given control of Ukraine because of being much more qualified than his dad. He initially refused this assignment, preferring to instead spend time practicing with his katanas and training his dragon Fangburn. Natasha Rostova begged him to stay, but Slicer could not refuse his duty when he found out about the 50 million vampires that needed hunting in his new domain.

At the start of W&P, he has cleared the monsters from Ukraine after 7 months and is returning to Russia to face off against his brother, Napoleon. Napoleon is known to consider Slicer the single greatest threat in all Russia, followed closely by Fangburn.

His blood color is red, his Napoleonic Wars class is Prince of Blood, and he has no extended zodiac sign due to his unique destiny. His unusually massive beard at 13 years old is because he grew it through sheer force of will.
I don't know why I'm even in this thread as I do not like the homestuck, but man was it worth it for that.
Your webcomic, I'd definitely read.