Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3520 3521 [3522] 3523 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4752254 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52815 on: May 04, 2018, 12:19:39 pm »

This is my fanaristocrat, he's a half-French half-Russian half-vampire boyar named Slicer Shadow.

TRUE. ART.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52816 on: April 13, 2019, 10:54:23 am »

*Cough*

Epilogue at 1 EST today.

Happy 4/13 folks.

Early VIZ announcement here:
https://vizmediaofficial.tumblr.com/post/184155172331/happy-10th-anniversary-go-read-the-homestuck
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52817 on: April 13, 2019, 01:48:37 pm »

I'm surprised, I didn't really think there'd ever actually be an epilogue. I mean, I'd been waiting for almost a year.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52818 on: April 14, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52819 on: April 15, 2019, 12:21:08 pm »

It's just the prologue to the epilogue that's been released so far, but it sure didn't disappoint.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52820 on: April 21, 2019, 08:00:08 am »

Oh man. That was something. The fandom's self-destructing pretty spectacularly, it seems.

Spoiler: Epilogue Spoilers (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52821 on: April 23, 2019, 12:58:31 am »

I'm actually very surprised. Long ago, the first time I quit the main story in frustration, I decided there was no way Homestuck could achieve a satisfactory conclusion. Here we are, years later and (maybe somewhat) wiser, I feel satisfied.

I maintain that the best way to enjoy homestuck is to place yourself in a liminal state of half-assed caring. You must give only enough of a fuck to be amused at the rampant wankery going on and not one fuck-fraction further.

Still, I'm glad I managed to stick it out through the whole thing. I feel much better about this than the EoA7 we were left with before for reasons I can't fully articulate yet.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #52822 on: April 23, 2019, 02:25:36 am »

Maybe I just read through it in too sick and sleep-deprived a state, but... that epilogue raises as many questions as it answers and is in appreciable part absurd and nonsensical.

It's pretty much exactly the end to Homestuck I expected.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52823 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:47 am »

Don't forget long-winded.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52824 on: April 23, 2019, 06:49:49 am »

fuck dirk
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52825 on: April 24, 2019, 05:39:03 am »

Finished eating up the meat route. It's a thing.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52826 on: April 24, 2019, 07:27:12 am »

Black lives matter.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52827 on: April 26, 2019, 03:31:15 pm »

fuck dirk

Only through the Meat epilogue so far but going to say, so much this. Hopefully the Candy ending explains more because I have no clue what the heck I just read beyond that. Loving all the LGBT+ representation, though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52828 on: April 29, 2019, 05:03:35 pm »

Fckdrk

First non-ending unlocked :P I have to digest all that raw meat before I can even think about candy. And what was up with that extremely stylish but impenetrable "post script"? Is that the next video game?

Overall very Homestuck;
Very interesting, very meta. Well written characters trapped in the steel housing of determinism. Quite funny. Too much shipping, too skeevy, too many systems, too much circular logic, too much "because cherubs", too many narrative strands, too many injokes. More questions than answers.

Looking back now, after only the Meat Route, most of the Content Warnings in the beginning have held up. Sick.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52829 on: April 29, 2019, 09:01:55 pm »

Dirk is trying to rescue his friends from irrelevance by stepping into the villain role and attempting to spawn a canon sequel. He says repeatedly that he wants to die, and has many times died for the sake of his friends, this is a natural evolution from that "doing what has to be done because I'm the only one who can" flaw that has driven his character from the start. To do this, he pushes characters into their own weaknesses in an effort to make them confront those doubts - an orchestrated hero's journey arc.

Granted it's all brutal totalitarianism - but that's Dirk and it always has been.

Seems like most people went with Meat first, I'll wait to talk about Candy until more folks have gone through that one.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3520 3521 [3522] 3523 3524