Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3521 3522 [3523] 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4751712 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52830 on: June 05, 2019, 01:11:57 pm »

So, eh, I took the time to re-read all of Homestuck to refresh myself (and I never finished it in the first place, there's that) and after spending actual weeks of time of investment re-engrossing myself in the story, and then finishing the epilogues... that's fucking it?

I suppose its part of the meta-narrative, of the characters themselves trying to extend the story and failing? Even putting aside that the epilogues kinda feel like Hussie's one last trolly prank on his own fanbase by deforming all the characters into pseudo-adult themed assholes, I want to know what happens to those pseudo-adult themed assholes! But the story just ends! I not only don't get a sequel, I don't even get a conclusion to the original story in the first place! I mean, I guess you can infer a conclusion, but that's really preposterously lame when I'm very invested and want to actually see what happens rather than be given all the circumstantial evidence and then told to extrapolate from the evidence... unless...

Was the ending to Candy implying... that I should re-read all of Homestuck... again? But this time starting with the perspective that that very last monologue gives us, and taking into account that the nature of Homestuck's setting is canonically a unending cycle of temporal paradoxes, and then inferring all new evidence and plot details with that information in mind? I mean, I can think of one seemingly non-sequitur scene that that final postscript gives some clarity to, it's just that, damnit Hussie!

Guess I'll just have to wait a couple more years and wait for the "Epi-Epilogues".
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 01:17:41 pm by JoshuaFH »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52831 on: June 10, 2019, 09:18:16 am »

So in my desperate, insatiable desire for actual closure to the story, I've done the one thing I know I should never do: immerse myself in the fandom. I'm honestly very surprised that R/Homestuck is still alive and well, active and populated like Hussie didn't drop them on their asses to mysteriously disappear without a trace; they keep the candle lit and the door unlocked, faithful that he'll return someday.

By chance then, I've stumbled onto a fanmade continuation of the series starting immediately after the Act 7 animation: Act Omega

I come today to advocate for this fan work, let's tick off the boxes:
Homestuck-style: Check.
Homestuck-humor: Check
Wonky Homestuck pacing: Double Check
Highly verbose Homestuck dialogue: Triple A Check
Slavish Homestuck-style attention to detail all the way down to making a flash animation that'd fit in just perfect it Hussie himself released it: THAT'S A CHECK.

I'm just really impressed, it's everything that I expected out of Homestuck's ending but never got, including the tons of loose ends getting tied up that were just plain forgotten by Hussie in the Epilogues, even ones I'd forgotten despite having the entire stroy still fresh in my head. It's exactly the kind of thing you'd expect out of a very talented fanbase, taking all the known information, and then extrapolating on it to produce a logically coherent extension of the story and completions to the many mained and forgotten character arcs that didn't get a chance to blossom fully in the canon story.

Really it'd be like if George R.R. Martin died and one of his fans went "Fuck all y'all I'll write the last Game of Thrones book BY MYSELF." and then he did and it was better than anything George ever did in his entire fucking life. Though Act Omega isn't itself finished, it is still receiving updates to this day, to my great surprise and enjoyment. I have the distinct feeling that noone around here gives a fuck about Homestuck anymore, I just thought I'd throw out that info for y'all, as I'll be keeping tabs on it definitely.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 09:21:18 am by JoshuaFH »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52832 on: June 11, 2019, 06:17:14 pm »

So in my desperate, insatiable desire for actual closure to the story, I've done the one thing I know I should never do: immerse myself in the fandom. I'm honestly very surprised that R/Homestuck is still alive and well, active and populated like Hussie didn't drop them on their asses to mysteriously disappear without a trace; they keep the candle lit and the door unlocked, faithful that he'll return someday.

By chance then, I've stumbled onto a fanmade continuation of the series starting immediately after the Act 7 animation: Act Omega

I come today to advocate for this fan work, let's tick off the boxes:
Homestuck-style: Check.
Homestuck-humor: Check
Wonky Homestuck pacing: Double Check
Highly verbose Homestuck dialogue: Triple A Check
Slavish Homestuck-style attention to detail all the way down to making a flash animation that'd fit in just perfect it Hussie himself released it: THAT'S A CHECK.

I'm just really impressed, it's everything that I expected out of Homestuck's ending but never got, including the tons of loose ends getting tied up that were just plain forgotten by Hussie in the Epilogues, even ones I'd forgotten despite having the entire stroy still fresh in my head. It's exactly the kind of thing you'd expect out of a very talented fanbase, taking all the known information, and then extrapolating on it to produce a logically coherent extension of the story and completions to the many mained and forgotten character arcs that didn't get a chance to blossom fully in the canon story.

Really it'd be like if George R.R. Martin died and one of his fans went "Fuck all y'all I'll write the last Game of Thrones book BY MYSELF." and then he did and it was better than anything George ever did in his entire fucking life. Though Act Omega isn't itself finished, it is still receiving updates to this day, to my great surprise and enjoyment. I have the distinct feeling that noone around here gives a fuck about Homestuck anymore, I just thought I'd throw out that info for y'all, as I'll be keeping tabs on it definitely.

I haven't kept up with it but I remember watching that first flash they made that sets up the premise following the acts of Homestuck and I know just from that it looked pretty amazing. I'll have to check it out properly soon.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52833 on: July 18, 2019, 06:19:34 am »

Oof got around to finishing the Candy route. I may've kinda dropped it out of second hand embarassment for a bit because I'm a weak little baby. Lots of insane relationship drama but if you can't tolerate that boy you won't enjoy big stretches of Homestuck.
This does clear up a few things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The presidential parts made me think of something that always vaguely bothered me about Homestuck, that our "real world" as far as featured in the comic is a neutral, even benign state of things. I feel like the better path as science fiction would've been to make the real world an Alpha World: it trains lonely kids in computer games and isolates westerners in suburbs and proliferates cool gun's to americans all to improve your chance at the SBURB game. Idk.

Was the ending to Candy implying... that I should re-read all of Homestuck... again?
[...]
Guess I'll just have to wait a couple more years and wait for the "Epi-Epilogues".
*contemplates stump*

I'll definitely chek out the Act Omega thing!secretly hoping for fedorafreak content

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52834 on: July 19, 2019, 09:28:24 am »

In lieu of real canon, I've decided to make my own. There's no more hope for me, abandon me and save yourselves. I made this thread in r/Homestuck, detailing the significance of the events of the epilogue:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52835 on: October 25, 2019, 05:34:31 pm »

So, eh, hey guys, how's it goin? ...

https://www.homestuck2.com/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52836 on: October 25, 2019, 05:36:09 pm »

Time has ended, and yet the great wheel turns back to the start.

And all of this will happen again.

God damnit Hussie.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52837 on: October 25, 2019, 05:42:07 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52838 on: October 25, 2019, 05:55:51 pm »

Welp. I never got around to reading the candy epilogue, and now there's a sequel? Maybe I have had enough homestuck in my life now? Eh, guess it's something to pursue if I'm bored.
Also, reading that FAQ made me dizzy. I'm getting off the computer now.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52839 on: October 25, 2019, 09:07:09 pm »

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52840 on: October 25, 2019, 09:22:44 pm »

The cycle! Pure, infertile!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #52841 on: October 25, 2019, 09:45:16 pm »

That dude would fit right in to all this, wouldn't it? KSBD/Homestuck crossover when?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52842 on: October 25, 2019, 11:44:39 pm »

Apparently Homestuck 2 has an Arby’s promotion.

I don’t think I can describe the emotion I’m feeling right now with words.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52843 on: November 11, 2019, 11:40:03 pm »

Okay, I've finally read Candy Epilogue, now to see what this sequel nonsense is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #52844 on: November 12, 2019, 11:28:37 pm »

I read it. I don't really have an opinion. This is the first ever time that I've been like, waiting for this comic to update.

Oh but, yeah fuck dirk, I'd like lots of content that's not about him please.
Pages: 1 ... 3521 3522 [3523] 3524