Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: what in the name of god  (Read 30488 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what in the name of god
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:40 am »

DO NOT ANGER MY PEOPLE! THEY SHALL HACK YOUR MODS AND MAKE THE CROCODILES BECOME ONE WITH THE GOBLINS TERRITORY!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 02:08:56 am »

Or maybe before the Age of Legends the world was ruled by an ancient reptilian race, and those are their descendants now risen to re-enslave the puny warmbloods.

You can always go find them in the hidden sanctum though. ;D

(Don't understand? Go play Chrono Trigger, then come back and add to the discussion.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 03:51:25 am »

Wait.

Armok is Lavos??!?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 04:44:43 am »

No! Take your JRPG fail and go elsewhere!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

dieinafire

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 11:15:04 pm »

i am 12 and what is this?

i came for the modding hilarity, stayed for the highlander dwarves.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 04:16:50 am »

i am 12 and what is this?

i came for the modding hilarity, stayed for the highlander dwarves.

Dwarves are very Scottish.

I'm not sure why the Chrono Trigger references popped up, though it seems to have been my fault. I wasn't intentionally referencing it! I was just talking about generic lizard-people (*cough* Reptites *cough*)...
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Enatai

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_MODDING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »

I've had essentially the same problem when I've tried putting in a lot of new entities.  I was working with the Civilization Forge mod and then tried to change ethics so that my civilization both worshiped and was friends with Pedobears and Cockmonglers, only to find that out of the blue the entity I wanted to play as would never actually exist even though during worldgen it would specifically say "Anonymous Town XYZ."  It kept switching to High Elves, then Cave Crocodiles, kind of like the OP's problem.  Long story short I had to start with the last copy of DF before the buggered up one.  Really, the lesson here is to always save your modded games once you know they're stable before you start modding the crap out of them again.

My theory is that it has something to do with all those repeated generations of screwed-up Elf-dominated worlds (Once I got an Age of Anonymous that actually meant that the Elves were the main power.  At that point I basically stuck in [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] on Anons, killed every elf I could find, then switched to a different game copy), it probably changed something in the data file (other than the saves file, of course), which pretty much means you're screwed as far as modding goes.  Oh well, as far as I'm concerned it just makes the whole thing more fun.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:35:36 pm by Enatai »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 03:46:07 am »

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 05:05:23 pm »

Man I tried this out just to see the hilarity.  So far from what I see in legends mode is that the goblins are in an epic war with the flying fox squirrels to north while kobolds lead by a spirit of fire is raping the goblins in the south.  Elves are attacking completely empty villages, and the gremlin nation is being destroyed by dragons.  Later on, the goblins started enslaving these races and I soon see epic wars between humans and elves, kobolds, and GCS.

Edit: The more copies you make the more stranger it gets.  I tried making around 6 copies of the creature toad, and now, after gening the world I get a choice for an adventure of a lizardman, snakeman, or frogman.  Also looking through legends I also find there was a race of phantom spiders once although most of the battle reports come up with errors.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:15:50 pm by RebelZhouYuWu »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 06:30:21 pm »

I've had essentially the same problem when I've tried putting in a lot of new entities.  I was working with the Civilization Forge mod and then tried to change ethics so that my civilization both worshiped and was friends with Pedobears and Cockmonglers, only to find that out of the blue the entity I wanted to play as would never actually exist even though during worldgen it would specifically say "Anonymous Town XYZ."  It kept switching to High Elves, then Cave Crocodiles, kind of like the OP's problem.  Long story short I had to start with the last copy of DF before the buggered up one.  Really, the lesson here is to always save your modded games once you know they're stable before you start modding the crap out of them again.

My theory is that it has something to do with all those repeated generations of screwed-up Elf-dominated worlds (Once I got an Age of Anonymous that actually meant that the Elves were the main power.  At that point I basically stuck in [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] on Anons, killed every elf I could find, then switched to a different game copy), it probably changed something in the data file (other than the saves file, of course), which pretty much means you're screwed as far as modding goes.  Oh well, as far as I'm concerned it just makes the whole thing more fun.

Pedobears, Cockmonglers, and Anons?
Ye gods, what has the world come to?

Enatai

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_MODDING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »

Pedobears, Cockmonglers, and Anons?
Ye gods, what has the world come to?

Actually, a good number of worlds came to essentially be a lot of Guy Fawkes Mask-wearing superhumans who were indifferent to everything and generally sat on their ass because nobody had any grudges against them.  Needless to say from the original, stuff got buggered up and that chapter's far behind me now.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:55 am »

Man I tried this out just to see the hilarity.  So far from what I see in legends mode is that the goblins are in an epic war with the flying fox squirrels to north while kobolds lead by a spirit of fire is raping the goblins in the south.  Elves are attacking completely empty villages, and the gremlin nation is being destroyed by dragons.  Later on, the goblins started enslaving these races and I soon see epic wars between humans and elves, kobolds, and GCS.

Edit: The more copies you make the more stranger it gets.  I tried making around 6 copies of the creature toad, and now, after gening the world I get a choice for an adventure of a lizardman, snakeman, or frogman.  Also looking through legends I also find there was a race of phantom spiders once although most of the battle reports come up with errors.

I think I would very much like to play in this world.

Lyrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2009, 02:38:48 pm »

What in the name of mod
Fixed it for you.
Witty

Comedian
Dabbling Pacifier
Dabbling Judge of Intent
Skilled Forum Poster

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 02:29:09 am »

Yeah, you get some really weird stuff with mods. I managed to create a world where typeless, zero-cost meat would spontaneously come into existence, and turtles were apparently extinct by combining Prehistoria, Dig Deeper, and Zoo Mod 3.5 (which meant I had a ton of redundant critters). After wiping the raws and data and re-extracting the precious strands of programming adamantine, I tried simply combining Prehistoria and Dig Deeper...
...and dwarves went extinct. I found myself embarking with a solid crew of very dwarfy Elves. Don't get me wrong, having an entire fortress of Cacame wannabes was interesting, but I play DF for the manic-depressive alcoholic midgets rather than the manic-depressive alcoholic beanpoles.
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.
Pages: 1 2 [3]