Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Dwarf Population: 0

(1/2) > >>

elizar:
I've made a high-FPS no maintenance fort after hearing another do it. But I've wanted to make a fort that has no king, queen, no dwarven caravans or anything like that. I still want the possibility of human trading instead of isolation.

Anyone got seeds or gen info for a world without dwarves?

MoonCabbage:
unless you're using mods, it is currently impossible to run fortress mode without dwarves. if you're looking to just eradicate dwarves completely from the game and use mods to make fortress mode run with humans and the like, might i suggest just taking the dwarves out of the raw files.

if you dont want a king or queen coming just set your population cap below 80. ignore the dwarven caravans when they come too. these are the only two unmodifiable options for your question unfortunately right now.

elizar:
I've seen several references to people genning worlds without dwarves and play them. Dwarves had gone naturally extinct, if wars are natural. I'm talking about worlds that had dwarves, but they all died. I would have thought the game would throw 'unplayable' errors, but I've heard about this often enough (there's even a community fort, now dead I think). I want to play as dwarves, but also completely without immigration while not messing with the popcap, and not get dwarven caravans, liason and nobles.

kalida99:
go in your raw folder, then entity default and change
   [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]
   [START_GROUP_NUMBER:10]
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
   [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:120]
                                to
   [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:1]
   [START_GROUP_NUMBER:1]
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:1]
   [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:1]

that should keep the game playable but remove laisons and immigrants, except maybe nobles, not sure...

zchris13:
All nobles are generated on the spot when they enter the map.  Which is why they actually have likes and dislikes, unlike the king. (heh).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version