Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Enough talk, get crackin'  (Read 10877 times)

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Enough talk, get crackin'
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2009, 02:33:33 pm »

Since this appears to no longer be in active development, you guys care to pass the buck or something? There's another "DF MMO!" thread right below this. Well, it's adventure mode MMO, but the point is people are still wanting something like this and I hate to see the surprising about of progress there was go all vaporware.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:37:16 pm by Idiom »

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2009, 03:22:44 pm »

Well I don't want to get anyone hopes up. But I am developing "something". Currently trying to hook up few functions from df. That would allow few players to view/control. But it's going slow and it doesn't look like anyone else is even thinking this is possible. Also code for my is opensource (included in zip). So any can take it and dissect. Maybe I will try to improve.
 As for OUT OF ENUM errors. Its all good. It means no clients connected. Server does not have an user (somehow missed these posts)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2009, 03:38:37 am »

How on earth did I miss this post? BAWMP~!

also, from what the sounds of what was going on to achieve this, it sounds that two people could not play the same fortress at once, what was the exact reason?
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2009, 08:49:02 am »

It is just a remote control for dwarf fort. That is you control DF just like you would your own. When two players are using it its like two people using same mouse. Neither will be able to anything. Thought watching what other does or taking turns to control it could be done.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2009, 02:52:09 pm »

is there not a way to have two differant markers?
Although a big part of me is feeling the tug of "Would need the source code"

Or is it more of a problem with the way DF renders its data? I wouldnt think that though because I've been followering Stonesense and a few of the other visualizers..
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Nexii Malthus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2009, 03:34:22 pm »

The link was right in Darius' signature if you maybe missed it, perhaps a few dozen times.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1315

shadow_slicer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2009, 03:03:35 pm »

(*Edited* 12-8-2009)
In case anyone's interested, I have done some work recently on massaging the graphics library to allow df to be streamed over the network. My current prototype is Linux only, supports both Windows and Linux. Currently it only connects to 127.0.0.1, port 5000, but you can use SSH to tunnel it to wherever you want. I've tested it over the internet, and it's almost like it's running locally! It can't do fullscreen and has limited mouse support (though zooming works), but if you want to try it, you can download the Windows/Linux client and server library. The server doesn't create a window, but does require X11 to run since I haven't been able to completely remove the dependence on SDL (still used for timers). Currently the client loads the configuration and tileset directly from the server. This means that it (probably) supports graphics sets. I have tested it with STANDARD, PARTIAL, and FRAMEBUFFER output modes. This code can sometimes crash when it starts or closes. As as it is a pre-alpha prototype, don't hold me responsible if this code eats your homework, sleeps with your girlfriend or kills your brother  ;D.
Spoiler: ScreenShot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:25:26 pm by shadow_slicer »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]