Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: How to get a girlfriend  (Read 26655 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a girlfriend
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 01:16:13 am »

as well, i dont wan't too be too nice, how do i not come off as.. gay?

NOW THAT'S A QUESTION!

I recommend growing a beard, or a MANLY CHIN!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 01:20:48 am »

One thing and exactly one thing - be yourself.  Whatever seems to come natural.  Trust me on this, there is someone who likes you for yourself.  If you attract someone being something you're not, you'll have to live that lie as long as you want to stay together.

Specific to the question, be nice.  Be really nice.  Yes, there are women who think being nice is "weak" or "gay" or whatever.  They're crazy.  If a woman likes you enough and you don't make a move, she probably will, just in case.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 01:23:25 am »

What, you mean acting tough? Heh, that usually backfires :P

Be yourself. It's the cheesiest piece of advice ever, but it works. Don't be nicer or less nice than you really are. That way, you're more likely to find someone who likes you for who you are... there are plenty of girls who go for bad boys and there are the ones who like the feminine, elvish romantics.

(lol, ninja'd)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 01:28:56 am »

I'm going to have to jump in here and call Aqizzar and Muz blind optimists.

I'd elaborate on that, but this is one of my topics I have a policy against talking about, for fear of being branded a belligerent woman-hating sexist.

So, anyone that remembers the old valentines thread from VN will know my pessimistic approach to relationships.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 01:29:56 am »

Also try and find a gamer girl, yes they exist.

Dating a gamer girl is about as difficult as trying to date a model. Such high demand, low supply.

Currently dating a hot, redheaded, Gamer girl.  Fuck yeah beating the odds.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 01:34:56 am »

I sure there's any number of elaborate poems I'm half remembering to describe it.  Something like...

More than anything else in the world, love is only defined by individual experience with it.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 01:53:00 am »

Ah, to be young again. I will simply pass on the best advice I've ever been given:

"Never talk to strangers. Unless it's a girl stranger, then talk to her twice."

The rest you must learn for yourself.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 02:08:27 am »

Dating a gamer girl is about as difficult as trying to date a model. Such high demand, low supply.
Their usualy ugly anyway.

Pig.  Anyone can be beautiful.
Note that I said usualy.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 02:25:15 am »

Note that I said usualy.
Note that I said anyone.

Although even I will admit (having just watched The Dark Knight) that hard reality can take some stretching.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 02:26:41 am »

Note that I said usualy.
Note that I said anyone.

Although even I will admit (having just watched The Dark Knight) that hard reality can take some stretching.
Note that you said can be, not is.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 02:28:59 am »

Note that I said usualy.
Note that I said anyone.

Note that you said can be, not is.

Note that this IS a quote pyramid.

Edit: Or can be called Quote Hourglass.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 02:31:57 am »

Dammit, I knew someone was going to do it.  You said you would take some time off.  That's why you should.

cow, what I'm saying is there's no object standard on looks.  Everyone is good looking to someone.  With the caveat for utter grotesquery of course.  And just because someone is attracted to something doesn't mean they should be.

Man, romance needs a lot of caveats.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 02:33:25 am »

Dammit, I knew someone was going to do it.  You said you would take some time off.  That's why you should.

And miss on trolling the WASPs?

Hell no.

Make that when I got so much homework I literally collapsed. Again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2009, 02:38:22 am »

I'll help you out.  As Cthulhu, I've been watching you guys since you first appeared and started doing your stupid things.

Girls want a man who can provide for them, so here's what you do.  Head out to the prairie, Kansas or Nebraska will work, and find the biggest buffalo around.  Kill it with your bare hands.  Now, the native Americans used every part of a buffalo except the grasnizoot, but unless she had really high standards, you won't have to use every part.

Make its hide into a fur coat.  Cook its meat into a delicious dinner.  Inflate its bladder to use as a friendly dodgeball for when you're goofing around with her.  Make its bones into jewelry, and bury its skull near an anthill.  After a few months, dig it up and it'll be picked clean.  Cut out the bottom of the skull.

Give her all of the things you made with the buffalo except the skull, and she will love you, because she'll know you'll never let her be in want.

The other side to girlfriending is keeping her.  This is where the skull comes in.  Wear that thing.  If you've got extra bits of leather from the coat, use them to cobble together a loincloth and maybe a shoulderguard.  Tattoo a demon face onto your chest.  Maybe kill another buffalo and put its skull on the end of a staff(But be sure to put some feathers on there too). No one will ever hit on her when you're around.  Ever.  That's how I kept my first girlfriend.
Shoes...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2009, 02:45:16 am »

cow, what I'm saying is there's no object standard on looks.  Everyone is good looking to someone.  With the caveat for utter grotesquery of course.  And just because someone is attracted to something doesn't mean they should be.
Well, you could have just said beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19