Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d13] Dwarf cancels rest: Interupted by horse x7720  (Read 5401 times)

Kravick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40d13] Dwarf cancels rest: Interupted by horse x7720
« on: August 04, 2009, 11:33:26 pm »

I noticed my framerate suddenly dropped from 99 to the 30s all of a sudden.  Next thing I know I'm being spammed by the message, "Ingish Gubelsodel Animal Caretaker cancels rest: Interupted by horse." over and over again.  I added up all the interrupt notifications and it adds up to 7720.  This is happening non-stop and is eating my FPS.  Heres the screenshot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When I investigate whats going on I find the guy unconscious on the floor with an injury to his left lower arm and in extreme pain.  I have no idea how this happened.  I didn't see the event that caused the injury.  Yet, there is no horse any where near by what so ever.  Double checked and tripled checked.  No horse at all.  There where some wild ones outside but I think I caught most of them in cages.  I have not yet designated them to be tamed yet.  I don't even have a kennel built.

The injury.

None of the other dwarves seem interested in dragging him to a bed.  I have some hospital beds set up but no one is helping the poor sod.  I have not disabled the health care task on any dwarf.  What on earth would cause this?  The constant spamming of being interrupted by this horse is killing my FPS.  If I can't figure out how to stop it I'll have to engineer his death some how.

I have not edited any raws and the only mod I am using is RantingRodent's Graphical Overhaul located here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=29706.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:39:40 pm by Kravick »

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d13] Dwarf cancels rest: Interupted by horse x7720
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:46:41 am »

This is a known bug but it's not fully understood yet. Your options basically boil down to killing the carpenter or killing the horse that he's having nightmares about. I'd go for the latter; make a quick pit out of a single ramp designation, build the cage(s) next to it, and assign the horses to be pitted while your military stands by with "harass wild animals" turned on.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Kravick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:13:40 pm »

Well I solved this problem by building a spike trap under the dwarf and pulling the lever.  No more nightmares.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:04:49 pm »

Well I solved this problem by building a spike trap under the dwarf and pulling the lever.  No more nightmares.

Well, not for him anyway.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:12:53 pm »

I had this too. Cept with a known DEAD goblin.
Then after about a year, the guy was healed and went back to normal.
In one time my highest total number was about 24000.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads