Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Were-creatures attacking each other?  (Read 11640 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Were-creatures attacking each other?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 08:02:23 am »

As far as I understand, weres transform on sundown (which may or may not take time of year and latitude into consideration) and transform back on sunrise, i.e. one night per cycle rather than 6. However, even if that is correct, the scheme would not be guaranteed, or even that close to guaranteed.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 03:51:11 pm »

The McUrist succession fort has 3 were rats after my turn, each are in their own pit room with a pick to make their own hermit forts.

Funkmaster Rick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 07:32:47 pm »

Clearly, sir, you have failed to notice the opportunity placed in front of you. Place them in a hallowed fighting pit to determine the strongest. Allow the winner to live in your monastery, and send him other dwarves as offerings. It's a bit hit-or-miss, but a few of them might survive long enough to transform. Found your OWN werebeast tribe.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:01:45 am »

The McUrist succession fort has 3 were rats after my turn, each are in their own pit room with a pick to make their own hermit forts.

I like this idea! Currently they're in a hermit fort each, but they could easily be expanded if given some picks.

Clearly, sir, you have failed to notice the opportunity placed in front of you. Place them in a hallowed fighting pit to determine the strongest. Allow the winner to live in your monastery, and send him other dwarves as offerings. It's a bit hit-or-miss, but a few of them might survive long enough to transform. Found your OWN werebeast tribe.

Ehhh, I know the standard ethos of the board is to generally make dwarves fight for their miserable, alcoholic lives, but I prefer to care for them as much as possible :).

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 02:26:30 am »

So if I get it right, we have :
Four were-dwarves.
Two were parents, goat A and goat B, bit the dwarves.
  • Even the two dwarves who got bitten by A still attack each other if transforming near each other.
  • If the two A-were dwarves transform separately, then meet, they don't attack.
  • A and B were dwarves still attack regardless of transforming appart from each other or not
Am I right so far ?

- Could you check in Legend mode if goat A and goat B are somehow related ? (A bit C who bit B or something like that)

- Could you try to one step the game (using . ) on a full moon day to check whether the 4 dwarves transform at exactly the same frame ? I assume they do, but better be safe.
I'd advise using save scumming to pass the bulk of the full-moon day, and only one-step the last few hours.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:28:08 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 02:35:39 am »

For case 3, it would be worth checking dwarf descriptions to see if they're enemies of the fort or civ.
Pages: 1 [2]