Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 538111 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2009, 05:11:44 pm »

I think angst doesn't really fit this guy's character...

you're not driving him to depression, you're just makin' 'im mad.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2009, 05:34:02 pm »

I love this game. So much.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:20 pm »

I just thought of something... elves live way longer then dwarves.. Imagine what stories he'll have when he's finnally on his death bed... I mean wow.... and if he somehow gets a child won't that then become the new king?
Nom nom nom

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2009, 07:17:58 pm »

I concur

If he was angsty he'd be tossed onto a pyre with the other elves. The dwarves picked Cacame as their king because he doesn't get sad, he gets even. By even, I mean destroys the offender's entire civilization from ontop a zombie dragon, natch.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Shadovarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2009, 07:38:43 pm »

I concur

If he was angsty he'd be tossed onto a pyre with the other elves. The dwarves picked Cacame as their king because he doesn't get sad, he gets even. By even, I mean destroys the offender's entire civilization from ontop a zombie dragon, natch.
Oh, he had angst alright.
Just the dwarven version of it.
Check his kills and it all becomes clear.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2009, 08:44:50 pm »

I am horrible at paint, but I had to do this. now I am sad, because my... Abomination..... does not do cacame proud. I have hidden it in a spoiler, it was so bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2009, 09:01:12 pm »

I can solve the badass human problem, but he's a dude I made thats wearing adamantine, lets just say seven adventurous humans ventured into the mountains, opened the pits but have a suit of adamantine, the dude was tasked with retrieving the suit, slaughtered a gobbo tower single handedly with his adamantine longsword, im awaiting the opening of the pits to complete his destiny.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2009, 09:53:26 pm »

So, do you think that all the elves from the conquered elf civ that are now members of the dwarven civ were like, the rebel alliance or something?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2009, 01:11:43 am »

We're being the key word. They soon realized that Dwarfism is where its at.

I mean... Really, you think the average run of the mill tree-huggers would stand up against this guy? My mistake... average run of the mill cannibalistic tree huggers.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2009, 03:21:45 am »

They tried to eat him, but their teeth broke.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2009, 03:37:16 am »

I just thought of something... elves live way longer then dwarves.. Imagine what stories he'll have when he's finnally on his death bed... I mean wow.... and if he somehow gets a child won't that then become the new king?

I'm pretty sure Elves don't HAVE death beds.  They die by getting killed.  I know I've heard of them living a thousand years in Legends, and they don't have [MAXAGE] entries.  Neither do Goblins.

In theory, Cacame could be the King of the Dwarves FOREVER.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:40:05 am by Shima »
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2009, 03:42:29 am »

That is why he is king.

Hey Holy Mittens, who killed and ate his wife? And also, who his current dwarven advisor is?

Man, I really want to see Cacame's kill list.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2009, 04:16:53 am »

A female elf named Amoya Themarifa shot and ate her. Unfortunately, she was shot and killed about a year later by another elf (Iwo Lolamaficemi the Barricaded Sever of Flaying, one of the civ's local leaders). Iwo is actually kinda awesome, having worked as a ranger, a farmer, a fishery worker, and hunted great beasts, all while killing elves every few years (he has five kills, all elves).

Cacame doesn't have an advisor. At least, not that I can see. One didn't arrive with him and there's nothing on the Civ screen that shows an advisor. I don't know if he would show up normally when you strike the [DEEP] metals or not (first time I've ever done it). I also have no plans of getting to enough dwarves to reach the level where the King would normally show up, because even at 85 dwarves, I sit between 15-20 FPS depending on what's happening.

Cacame's kill list is actually unspectacular. World Gen ended in 100 and he only lost his wife in 97 and became the King in 99. So he didn't have long to run up a kill count.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2009, 04:21:22 am »

Well, there's always a way to rectify his low kill count. ;)

Aww, no advisor? Well, it would be nice if he did have one, but you can't have everything.

(Like what BurnedToast is to Captain Ironblood).
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2009, 06:39:35 am »

The ASM is my Assorted Silliness Mod. The link is in my sig.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 74