Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 538398 times)

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2009, 09:19:59 pm »

..Yep.  Sounds about right.  I think we can safely say Cacame is the best elf to have ever been born now.

Mind, that's not very tough competition, but still.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2009, 11:03:20 pm »

I am curious as to the game reason for his apparant invulnerability though; by all accounts that Dragons should have plastered him all over the walls, and without armor he should be dying left right and center.

I'm wondering if the fact that he's a 'pet' is responsible.

Also, that title is incredibly apt, acame is exactly what it says on the tin; an Immortal Onslaught.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2009, 12:20:30 am »

Well, he does have a Mithril shield, though from watching his skill gains, he's not needing to use it often (his shield skill is increasing, but not that fast). Beyond that, I have to imagine the actual, game reasons are:
A) the mithril hammer, which probably lets him kill most things in one hit
B) most of the enemies he's fought (save the dragon) being the survivors of already-broken sieges and ambushes, with the occasional captured thief, meaning most are trying to escape rather than fight,
C) the innate elf speed bonus, meaning he gets the first strike,
D) his being a size larger than the mostly-goblins he's been killing so far, and
E) the fact that, despite him being only a Competent (Skilled now) Hammer User, he's mainly fighting pretty much untrained enemies.

It could be related to him being considered a "pet", though he still does require food and drink and goes and gets them himself, unlike real pets. And my real pets get killed plenty, as the frequent Elf ambushes prove (they've killed dozens of war animals).

I'm waiting for another MegaBeast to show up, just to see if I can get him to kill another.

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2009, 03:42:38 am »

He's prolly also blessed by the RNG.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:04:07 am by Wolfius »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2009, 08:48:00 am »

Mittens, your Baroness Consort really does seem like she's insane. Reserved and outgoing, assertive and shy, self-disciplined and impulsive. I suspect she secretly lusts after Cacame and reviles him for being an elf, too.  ;)

I looked back at the screenshot of Athel's (the Baroness Consort) thought screen, and it turns out she seems to like warhammers.

There is something going on there.

EDIT: She doesn't have a beard, I know.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:49:48 am by Vester »
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2009, 10:26:41 am »

That's ok, according to Toady Vanilla DF females don't have beards anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2009, 11:41:15 am »

and it turns out she seems to like warhammers.

If you know what I mean. :P
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2009, 11:50:10 am »

Yeah, she likes huge things that large dwarves swing around their heads and beat goblins to death with...

If you know what I mean.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2009, 11:59:27 am »

Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2009, 12:05:04 pm »

Larger than the average dwarf.

EDIT: Urist Mcyogi is larger than the average dwarf!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 21, 2009, 02:32:38 pm »

And Cacame is alot larger than the average Dwarf.  Oh ho, that's some kind of joke!   ;D
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2009, 02:45:24 pm »

Come on, please don't tell em this epic thread about the only epic elf is going to suddenly degrade into penis jokes because Vester drew him conversing with a girl...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2009, 02:59:53 pm »

She's obviously a perverted social deviant, as can only be expected from inbred nobility. Everyone knows that all dwarves, even females, have beards, and this should be taken as a sign of deeper problems and a fundamentally disturbed individual.

Probably an elf sympathiser, too; I think we all know what must be done.

I agree 100%.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2009, 04:51:13 pm »

Come on, please don't tell em this epic thread about the only epic elf is going to suddenly degrade into penis jokes because Vester drew him conversing with a girl...

Oooops.

Don't worry, someone will come along soon and draw something !MANLY!.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2009, 05:49:52 pm »

If someone wants to draw something !MANLY!, I did just use Dwarf Companion to turn a few of the elf and goblin females I had caught in cage traps into members of my civ. I figured they have succumbed to his Immortal Onslaught, ifyouknowwhatimean. So now he has a cadre of elf and goblin female guards/worshippers. If I can get the humans to siege again, I'll capture some of them too.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 74