Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 535858 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2009, 06:57:42 pm »

God Said "Let there be light"
Chuck Norris said "Let there be God"
Cacame said "Let there be Chuck Norris"

Jesus Walked on water, Chuck Norris Swam through land. Cacame did both and swam in magma at the same time.

Fixed that for you.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 24, 2009, 07:00:31 pm »

... While having a drawbridge fall on him, of course.

And, as much as I hate to blaspheme, I don't think dragons use fire breath when they can melee. The kill was an impressive feat nonetheless.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 24, 2009, 07:42:55 pm »

Yeah, I'd assume fireballs/breath is an action and takes a turn. Then again it might be special, since only NPCs can use it. It's just as likely that the AI has a recharge or roll to use it every turn. In either case, Cacame is legit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 24, 2009, 09:04:30 pm »

Well, no one was implying that he wasn't legit. Well, no-one alive.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 24, 2009, 10:51:52 pm »

No, I have seen dragons use fire breath in melee before (in fact, in a fight between another dragon and my champions in this fortress). I suppose it's possible the dragon flew up a Z level before trying to breathe, but I feel it is unlikely.

More likely, I believe he simply managed to hit the dragon and cripple it on the first strike. Dragons don't immediately breathe fire. They do it somewhat randomly from what I have witnessed. Not that it seems to matter, since I've watched even untrained peasants avoid dragonfire before.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2009, 10:54:53 pm »

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 24, 2009, 11:04:11 pm »

Can you believe that only a little while ago you were saying that Cacame should be caged and dropped in magma?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 24, 2009, 11:12:54 pm »

Well that was before we knew he was Badass

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 24, 2009, 11:16:52 pm »

Can you believe that only a little while ago you were saying that Cacame should be caged and dropped in magma?

I'm of the opinion of forgiving him for it, if only because Cacame would have survived it without injury anyway.  ;)
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 25, 2009, 12:09:51 am »

Come one guys, Chuck Norris is still only a man. His mighty life could be ended in an instant with a stray crossbow bolt.

You doubt the lethality of a crossbow bolt?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 25, 2009, 12:21:55 am »

What if xbow bolt meets xbow bolt...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 25, 2009, 12:44:04 am »

Cacame could dodge crossbow bolts. In fact, if you are so dishonourable as to challenge him in this manner, he will run up to you, pull the quiver from your back, and drive all 25 bolts into your skull at once.

Cacame will then proceed to modify the raws so that crossbow bolts are fair.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 25, 2009, 02:55:06 am »

Something new that I've never seen before for a variety of reasons.

So I realize the elves have come to siege me again. The game freezes and moves to a seemingly empty location on the edge of the map like it always does when the elves arrive, plus my FPS is cut in half (as 70 sneaking units tend to do). As always, I activate my military and move them next to the entrance of my fort to massacre them. Sure enough, soon a group of horse-riding elves appears.

As I watch the carnage unfold, I notice an odd looking unit. "Oh crap," I say, "that looks like the elf champion icon!" I pause and take a look at it...

And it's the elf I made part of my civ earlier! She'd been training in the barracks and had become a champion wrestler! While the rest of the Royal Guard was hanging out inside the fort, far from the battle, she was out with the army killing elves. She got no kills, unfortunately, because even though she was like a lightning bolt blurring across the screen because she's perfectly agile on top of the elf speed bonus, she also has no weapon and thus the actual troops with a variety of artifacts and masterwork Mithril weapons steal her kills.

And if that's not enough, I suddenly notice another icon that shouldn't be there. My Hammerer. "Dammit," I think, "did I turn off forbid non-hunted dead for some reason? Are the rest of my fort going to run out into the middle of a pitched battle trying to haul elf corpses to the refuse stockpile?"

But no. She's not there to haul. She too is chasing down the elves and killing them. Two of the elves are actually running away from her. She catches one while it is riding a horse, kills both of them, then chases the other one down and proceeds to kill the horse while one of my crossbowmen shoots the elf dead off the horse.

I've never seen a Noble charge into battle like that before, not even the Hammerer. Usually, I watch them run away from hostiles just like the rest of the nobles. And I've certainly never seen a Royal Guard anywhere but meeting areas or the barracks (none of which are near my entrance way).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 25, 2009, 02:56:53 am »

Hammerers occasionally decide that they need more work to do, so they run out to kill stuff. I've had several Hammerers who had pretty impressive kill sheets. The Royal guard probably followed the Hammerer out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 25, 2009, 03:07:18 am »

No, actually, the Hammerer didn't come out until after the battle had started. The elf was there from the start. The Hammerer actually was there to pick up refuse (I tend to turn on hauling jobs for my nobles via Dwarf Manager). She just decided she was going to produce corpses to pick up.

But that's interesting to know about the Hammerer. I've never seen them do anything before besides kill my legendary miners because I failed to build Bismuth Bronze items for the Count on a map with neither bismuth, tin, or copper.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74