Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 538368 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2009, 05:02:50 pm »

Cacame must really like Iwo for shooting that dude.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2009, 05:25:52 pm »

Wow, Cacame has an... object of worship? I guess I always assumed it would be himself.

Look up the deity, Ole, I think it was? If King Cacame is worshiping this Ole, he/she must have badass of an astronomical scale.

Or maybe they just hung out, you know, Elf hunting buddies or something?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 25, 2009, 05:28:23 pm »

Maybe he's the god of Matadors?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 25, 2009, 05:57:31 pm »

Ole is obviously the god of gods. Of gods. Has to be, when cacame killed a dragon with no armor, and worships him. This guy must be like twelve thousand carpippopotimeagles and an extra seasoning of elephants.

Did you notice that everyone who touches Cacame gets eaten? Maybe he should just give everyone he doesn't like a hug. ;)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 25, 2009, 06:04:55 pm »

A world full of awesome elves :o I never thought I'd see the day.  This may well be the justification for elvenkind's existence.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 25, 2009, 06:15:29 pm »

Cacame has saved the elves from being instantly killed in my current fort. I will put up with their cloth and kosher wood just to show respect. The fact that the only cloth and kosher wood will come from their bodies is not the point... (My civ starts at war with them).
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 25, 2009, 10:40:38 pm »

A couple of things to note that I meant to comment on earlier but forgot to.

Re: the strength of MegaBeasts. Vanilla megabeasts are pansies. All of the MegaBeasts in my mods are at minimum size 40 or larger. They aren't invulnerable by any means, but they generally prove to be a moderate challenge to anyone who doesn't wield an artifact weapon and manage to kill them in one shot. In my last fort, I had a Titan take out 6 champions before the combined might of the roughly 30 champions attacking it (to be fair, about 2/3rds were only Wrestlers) managed to take it down.

Re: Cacame's potential relationship with the new elf producing babies. I had never intended it to, though if it had, it would have been interesting. But several years in and none have arrived, so I don't think they'll be treated like pets for this purpose.

Also, the god he worships is Íle. I'm surprised no one mentioned him before, since I posted Cacame's character screen back on page 4 and it includes that fact. Íle is a standard "Force" style god, so it just represents rivers and woods. I assume Cacame worships it ironically, the way people worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 25, 2009, 10:42:36 pm »

It's actually Ile that worships Cacame.  The game just can't represent that correctly.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2009, 11:00:55 pm »

No, it says 'Faithful'. That would be Dubious or one of the other descriptors you see on each and every dwarf. :)

So obviously Ile... is more than slightly powerful. However, if we take it seriously (crediting Cacame for being double extra awesomesauce, but not a magma swimming drawbridge lifter) it's probable that Ile is Cacame's awesome justification for vengeance or something. Or maybe Ile gives him the Force.

In other words, Ile is probably the only being that Cacame respects.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 26, 2009, 12:01:48 am »

Ok, the elf Royal Guard definitely isn't charging out to participate in fights. She actually follows the military around somewhat. I had a bunch of champions stationed near the entrance for a siege that hadn't gotten to the entrance yet. The elf Royal Guard stood next to the soldiers as if she'd been stationed there.

I suspect she must be following them with the idea of sparring or something (at one point, she ran back to the barracks).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 26, 2009, 01:02:24 am »

Would it be okay if I put this stuff (or some trace of it) in my Morrowind mod; for both Holy Mittens and artists involved (pictured: Vester). If only so that this can be so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(as it is, for some reason, for now I can only make a 255x255 picture work as a texture, which truly doesn't do anything as large as what's been made justice, but I tried)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Thomas Winwood

• Bay Watcher
  • Monomath
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 26, 2009, 01:28:16 am »

We should get a complete family tree for Cacame, up to his generation from his ancestors at the time of worldgen.
U+203C DOUBLE EXCLAMATION MARK (‼) is the Dwarf Fortress symbol for fire, not two instances of U+0021 EXCLAMATION MARK (!!).

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2009, 01:36:19 am »

If we're gonna do a DF family tree, we need to do it right- as a PHP that lets you click on the names to see each person's history/kill screenshot.

Then we can make some good fiction from that.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2009, 02:22:40 am »

I'm all for you putting it into your Morrowind mod.

I could get pictures of his family tree easily enough.

I've been trying to regenerate the world and have it run several decades past where it stopped the first time to see what would have happened to Cacame naturally. But some point after I genned the world, I must have altered something in the raws, because regenning with all the same seeds doesn't work.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2009, 03:18:22 am »

Would it be okay if I put this stuff (or some trace of it) in my Morrowind mod; for both Holy Mittens and artists involved (pictured: Vester). If only so that this can be so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(as it is, for some reason, for now I can only make a 255x255 picture work as a texture, which truly doesn't do anything as large as what's been made justice, but I tried)

Oh wow, hahaha, you put something I drew in Morrowind. :D

You should probably do something to the pictures to make them fit in a bit better, though, since Morrowind's colours are predominantly washy and brownish.

I'm all for you putting it into your Morrowind mod.

I could get pictures of his family tree easily enough.

I've been trying to regenerate the world and have it run several decades past where it stopped the first time to see what would have happened to Cacame naturally. But some point after I genned the world, I must have altered something in the raws, because regenning with all the same seeds doesn't work.

He's not being born at all?

This supports my theory that DF is, in fact, an infinite multiverse! ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 74