Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 74

Author Topic: Dwarven king is an...  (Read 537849 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven king is an...
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2009, 06:37:56 pm »

Wow

Vester draw this perhaps?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2009, 06:51:22 pm »

I couldn't do that.

You need one of the epic artists, like Balathustrius or something.

Because this is one of the most bloody awesome things I've ever seen.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:02 pm »

And so, one of the best, more expensive megaprojects was born.

AND IT WAS AWESOME.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2009, 07:44:54 pm »

Flawless Victory sir, Flawless Victory.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:13 pm »

This isn't related to the Colossus, though I wish it had happened earlier so I could have somehow worked it into the story.

I just had two MegaBeasts fight it out over top of my fortress.

One was a black dragon and the leader of a goblin civ. The other was a red dragon. The red dragon won despite its throat being torn out, then flew down the access shaft to the underground river, killed a fisher, and fought for like a full minute against one of my champions before finally being killed.

Oh, and this all happened while the main goblin civ antagonists in the area were besieging me.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2009, 07:58:30 pm »

There is something seriously EPIC ABOUT YOUR FORT.

Seriously, it's like a movie in there.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2009, 08:14:55 pm »

I did record the fight, because I saw it about to happen and thought "This needs to be recorded."

I didn't get what the red dragon did afterwards because I expected it to keel over pretty quickly after having its throat torn out.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1638-megabeastfight

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2009, 08:34:22 pm »

WTF MAN THIS IS SO EPIC THERE ISN"T A WORD FOR IT Yet................... then again I think the word should be Cacamepic.
Nom nom nom

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:26 pm »

this fortress may go down in history as the most epic 3D fortress of all time.

And if any try to outdo it in epicness, Cacame will appear at the edge of their fort and besiege them. Riding on his magma-fueled Cacame colossus.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »

Damn, that's one hell of a megaproject. I really should get to one, heh.

Although the AC adapter for my laptop (which has DF on it) basically died and I'm not sure how soon I'll get a new one :P

I'm using a desktop computer which I can't run DF on, so.....heh

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 28, 2009, 08:47:32 pm »

We've been over this before. He doesn't need magma. All he needs is his INFINITE RAGE.

Also, since it appears that he now has a giant mecha:

Cacame: "This hammer of mine burns with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! "SHIIIIINIIIIIING HAAAAMMMMEEEER!!! GO! GO! GO!!!"

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 28, 2009, 09:08:47 pm »

Wow.  Cacame is so awesome that he attracts other awesomeness due to his sheer presence.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2009, 09:49:04 pm »

Epic as hell.

However, I must draw attention to the skeletal blue dragon. How on earth did they know it was blue? Do blue dragons have blue bones? Was there a bit of skin left? Why and how does it even matter that it's blue, the physiology is all gone! Heck, what if all dragons actually have blue bones? Ugh, I'm gonna get a headache...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Divinebeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 28, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »

Epic as hell.

However, I must draw attention to the skeletal blue dragon. How on earth did they know it was blue? Do blue dragons have blue bones? Was there a bit of skin left? Why and how does it even matter that it's blue, the physiology is all gone! Heck, what if all dragons actually have blue bones? Ugh, I'm gonna get a headache...

What blue dragon?

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 28, 2009, 10:13:45 pm »

Epic as hell.

What blue dragon?

From the story. One of the megabeasts that attacked my fort was a skeletal blue dragon. One of my champions in the story is mentioned as having killed it.

And I assume they could tell because of the shape of the skeleton. My legendary bone carver was able to identify it because it has an elongated third rib.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 74